It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

First you said there is no logic in my position, then you find that my post bothered you so much you had to reply to it again.

Typical you have no actual solutions to the issues you brought up, the only reason you respond to every poster in this thread is because you don't even believe in your own OP, you know you've lost already because barely anybody agrees with you.

Again, provide an alternative solution, ANYTHING...ANYBODY. I'll even believe you!

Here's the thing, there was no logic to your post:

You said, I'll paraphrase you, "if you can't find someone better, and launch them as a political candidate, don't criticise Ron Paul".

Logically, no one on here is gonna find a better candidate and launch them as a viable Presidential candidate. If you think that's the benchmark for disillusioning political candidates you're not wired right.

On top of that you can't ACTUALLY stop me from talking about Paul.

This thread, and if you bothered to read it you'd know this, isn't about Paul's qualifications to hold office, it's about his electability.

Your statements are unrelated to that.

And your desire to silence people who want to discuss political stuff is ... at best puzzling.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Regardless of his chances I will vote for Ron Paul for two reasons:

1.) I will not feel responsible for voting in the next typical Rep/Dem that will continue down the same path we are currently on

2.) I will have excersized my right to vote instead of sitting by watching the implosion.

That being said, Even if Ron Paul gets elected that is only half the battle. We still have to get rid of all the jokers in congress. For instance, Ron says he wants to abolish the drug prohibition, which i agree with, but he won't be successful unless a bill approving the change passes through the house and the senate. Not a snow ball's chance in hell that will happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So Alex Jones is a "hack" compared to the mainstream/corporate media propaganda machine...

This coming from someone (who as of this posting) has been a member all of 5 days and authored two threads, the first about why Obama is likely to win and the second denouncing Ron Paul...

Just curious, is this a paid gig or purely voluntary?
edit on 23-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Instead of doing something about it, you choose to complain-something that ISN'T puzzling.

That is, afterall, what Americans do best.

I really was going to believe you, but even with my full faith behind you, you could only draw up blanks. Because you have no solution, you have nothing but complaints. No action, just words.

Time to let this thread die like it was always destined to be.

My desire to silence people...lol-you're playing the victim? YOU WOULD!

edit on 23-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Ron Paul will not be allowed to take the office of President, not because of the reasons listed by the OP, though.

Ron Paul will not be allowed by TPTB to take office because they are in control. Votes are meaningless in the USA

This is not really the case. Sure, there has been some election fraud going down here and there, but exit polls have been proven to be a fairly reliable indicator of the actual outcome. This is the data the news outlets use to project winners before the ballots are even counted.

Having said that, the MSM will have to doctor BOTH the ballots and the exit poll data to hide any discrepancy. Believe you me, if Ron Paul pulls 70% of the vote, you can be sure the exit poll numbers will reflect that and it will be hard to cover that up.

edit on 23-8-2011 by AwakeinNM because: betta gramma

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
Here's an amalgam of recent polling on the issue...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The GOP will not get behind Paul.

Ron Paul is not a great speaker, hes not enthusiastic, not a dreamer but a realist who tells the truth. He is a very intelligent man who is what our country needs! The GOP don't have to get behind Paul only Americans do! If you are looking for an honest president Ron Paul is our last hope. All the rest are just puppet, Elitist lapdogs! He is one of the few politicians whom want's to abolish the fed. remember to register to vote and be counted! This will turn our world around!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only American patriot running for President with enough clout and name to make the public's attention. Ron Paul exposes the lies, as Alex Jones exposes the lies, and so people have to decry them, and call them fakes and plants and on and on. The sad fact is these two guys have stood by what they've said publicly, and privately, for so many decades it's not a joke. Reality is a damn joke. The B.S. screen on the eyes of Americans is losing it's power.

There are billions awake in the world who see these serious issues and are taking actions. Americans who don't see it are in the MINORITY of the world now. Wake up. I don't care if Ron Paul wins. He's telling the truth about the Federal Reserve and so many other serious issues, it is criminal now. Already. Hello America?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
the point of this whole thread is basically, it doesn't matter what he believes, or how much you agree, it only matters can he win.

He can't.

Not because of who he "is," but for the three reasons I stated, and many more.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
He Can't win? That's insane. That LITERALLY takes the idea that All Americans are mindless drones. Enough people could simply WRITE in Ron Paul and he could win. Don't even play that, he can't win crap. Will "they" try to make it impossible for him to win, try to rig the election, who knows what? Maybe.

The idea "He Can't Win" is a slogan designed to fool simple sheeple. It needs to be stamped on repeatedly and firmly. He can't win.

you might as well say "Look, it's too late, it's all rigged, there really is no hope" and be honest about it for once.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Read the thread.

He can't and won't win and it'll have nothing to do with "rigging" elections, and everything to do with his own party attacking him and then not choosing him for the nomination.

BTW: there's no way in hell he'd win the Presidency with a write in campaign, he's not even in the top two most popular Republican candidates and polls at about 10% nationally.
edit on 24-8-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Says YOU about the polls. The polls are crap. The people matter. The people have spoken on every public forum they can get including the polls. The people are what is important, not some idea that you and others have, of it being impossible to elect a man who has overwhelming popular support, and growing. I laugh at the "He can't win" crap.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think its totally unfair how the MSM networks are hiding ron paul to the public, why are they doing this , because they know he is telling the truth and he wants the american people to remain free.
Where as the current government or the puppets running for government right now want america to remain a corpratist empire !

to quote Jon Stewart " where the # is your Ron Paul ?"

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

that's grand, laugh all you want... what you'll see is the party not choosing him... and there will be no grassroots movement to get him elected.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

edit on 24-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
According to Rasmussen (telephone poll, not online...so no blaming it on his cult army of supporters):

The president and the maverick are running almost dead even in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup.

Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul earns 38% of the vote to President Obama’s 39% in the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters.
www.rasmussenreports.com...

Perry is 40% to Obama's 43%...so Ron Paul is the front runner against Obama.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Which is meaningless as he'll never get the nomination.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I disagree, captain. Ron Paul is more electable than any of the other candidates the GOP is putting out there, and he's been elected more times than any of those douche bags, combined. This movement is going to keep getting larger, they can only keep the power out of the hands of the people when they have us divided enough to where the margin is small. Ron Paul is uniting the people (not the corporate shills of course). They won't be able to manipulate it this time. The people are running, through Ron Paul. It's our campaign.

And conditions now are much more favorable for REAL change this time.

Here's some humor that's circulating right now...

"THE ECONOMY IS SO BAD:
I received a pre-declined credit card in the mail. CEO's are now playing
miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen. Angelina Jolie
adopted a child from America. Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore.
A picture is now only worth 200 words. I called the Suicide Hotline.
I got a call center in Pakistan. When I told them I was suicidal,
they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck WTH!"

edit on 24-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I hope you're right, but I would argue (and indeed have) that he'll never the the party nod... and so.. he won't have a chance... plus, most voters aren't passionate about politics... if Romney and Perry feel RP is a threat the dirty tricks and slander will come out, and RP will suffer...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think they do feel he's a threat, I think they'll have a hard time slandering him, but the dirty tricks haves started...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I think, if you look at the mccain "'n-word' baby" thing, slander doesn't even have to be vaguely true to work...

I'm not surprised at all that Perry would try this, as he's scum.

BUT... Not necessarily sure this is really related to RP. More likely they're unhappy with his ability to get anyone other than Tea Partiers and red-meat republicans energized (i.e. donating)...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join