It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

woohoo

I do that because the only reason these anti-RP threads keep popping up is he's making TPTB very nervous. if RP gets the nom and wins the presidency, a lot of phat paydays will be over, and a lot of mother#ers are going to jail. so, yeah, if it looks like he's going to win..someone may try to take him out.

losing your payday is a powerful incentive.

That said, if they hurt the man, there will be revolution. hope it doesn't come to that. TBTB have a reckoning coming. it's coming soon

edit on 23-8-2011 by Veilwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Veilwalker

FYI: This isn't an anti-Ron Paul thread...

So don't get to excited.

And I don't represent any PTB... I represent what happens when you open a message board an allow people to post whatever they want (within the rules)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I understand that YOU don't rep TPTB..what I mean is, the more resistance the man sees, the more his message is resonating. action-reaction

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

i support and agree with ron paul in almost every aspect, except social security, medicare, and medical. we dont have to get rid of them, im ok with reformation, but if he totally did, away with them would hurt him so badly politcally that he would never be reelected, and the next president would probably just reinstate all those programs anyways. the only reason why we would have to get rid of them anyways is because our economic situation has been ran into the ground, and as a result the people who actually need assistance are worried that the programs to give them that assistance wont be there anymore, due to the out of control government and crazy spending.

no matter how much i like him, i really dont think we need another extremist in the white house. we are in too fragile of a situation right now to have someone on the far left or right forcing their plans and ideas on america. everyone has ideas on how to lead, doesnt mean they will work, and dr paul seems to want to undo most of the last 50-75 years of political work.
edit on 23-8-2011 by primoaurelius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ron Paul's time has come

people are awakening every day

the more the ptb ignore him the more the common man stands up for him

Ron Paul's time has come and the powers that be are shaken in their boots

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
As with many of these thread-types, the arguments have become rather circular. While there may be some tautological elements brought forth by the OP's proposition, I feel the OP has essentially produced this thread in order to get a kick out of the responses they would receive rather than create any meaningful dialogue.

Given such circumstances, I bid farewell to this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas2k4

I find that that assertion is completely without merit as I REPEATEDLY stated that the thread was NOT an anti-RP thread, or a thread about his policies, integrity, etc.

What you'll find is that people that engage with me on the TOPIC of the thread are not mocked or treated with any anti-Paul hysteria.

I have a feeling that you've probably just gotten bored and wanted to walk away with a little parting shot at me... which is pretty much a waste your time and mine...

edit on 23-8-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Veilwalker

I don't think there's a connection between those two things...

Most people are forced to participate in politics vicariously and the main medium they use the television. As many Ron Paulsters have stated, he's getting more and better coverage now than ever before. So if his bad coverage made him more fans he'd have had a better chance last time around...

...and we all know what happened then.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ron Paul will not be allowed to take the office of President, not because of the reasons listed by the OP, though.

Ron Paul will not be allowed by TPTB to take office because they are in control. Votes are meaningless in the USA

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

[rolls eyes]

Not even vaguely true.

And already discussed previously in the thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by romanmel

[rolls eyes]

Not even vaguely true.

And already discussed previously in the thread.

Is it not "vaguely true" that the second term of JFK was prevented by TPTB?

Is it not "vaguely true" that WBush lost both elections but still was President for 8 years?

Is it not "vaguely true" that Hillary was told to back off when Obama was anointed President by TPTB?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People need to stop being so dependant on the system and let go already...

Be people with sense for once and move forward. RP is not a threat to welfare or any of that and has stated exactly his reasons for going in the direction of phasing these systems out. Once you restore sound money and STABLE monetary system that the MAJORITY can prosper from in a market where jobs are available then THERE WONT EVEN BE A NEED FOR WELFARE.

Hello?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Is it not "vaguely true" that the second term of JFK was prevented by TPTB?

Of course you don't know who killed Kennedy, or why. You can guess, but others will disagree. You also can't explain why this same shadowy group installed him in the first place.

Is it not "vaguely true" that WBush lost both elections but still was President for 8 years?

You can't prove that anyone stole those elections. You can make a pretty decent case that Gore shot himself in the foot in Florida and the the Supreme Court made a politically based decision, which was wildly inconsistent with law, but... that's not the same thing as saying "TPTB" put Bush in Office. You have NO proof of that claim.

Is it not "vaguely true" that Hillary was told to back off when Obama was anointed President by TPTB?

Why assume that something you refer to as "TPTB" was responsible, instead of simply the DNC? Political parties often make these sorts of decisions and deals, when they think it will benefit the party.

Again, your claim that that happening was part of a larger plot by "TPTB" is baseless.

I see this a lot in CTers. People string together a lot of supposition and paranoia and create a little world wherein a lot of unproven things are magically related. Each one of these fantasies proves the other. In fact all of these fantasies are, at best, unproven, and as such are not solid evidence of anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Well yes, but the Supreme court recently took away a restriction on corporations when it comes to giving to politicians. Previously corporations weren't people when it came to how much they could confidentially give to a candidate, now they can give indiscriminately.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

THE FEDERAL RESERVE - The true NWO
That is why he will never be elected as prez - nuff said

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weknowall

[rolls eyes]

The reality is that even if Paul WAS elected he couldn't end the Fed. He could try, but Congress would stop him.

The Fed doesn't rig the US political system and you have no proof that it does. What the Fed instead represents is a way for the piggy lawmakers in Washington to keep the money flowing, which in turn helps them get re-elected.

I wish the Fed was this big evil super villain, if it was I'd be all for blowing it up tomorrow, but it's not. The Fed is a mechanism, used by businessmen and politicians to get what they want. That's about as dramatic as it gets.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So Alex Jones is a "hack", interesting. Can you provide the names of people in the media who in your opinion are not "hacks"?

Has there been a lack of "mud slinging" with regards to Ron Paul? "Isolationist", "racist", and when all else fails they resort to name calling "loon, nut" etc.

The media's attempt to demonize Ron Paul appears to be helping the cause, its waking people up to the 2-headed 1-party propaganda matrix:

edit on 23-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
here is my stand on why he should be in a position of responsibility

1. His stance on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. (good, let it fall, that way millions of lives can be saved and freed from addiction)

2. He's a has been and an outsider. (Being an outsider is the best way to get a view on how the country's well-being state is in and what is the best approach to take, such as restoring the Constitution.

3. His "past is troubling". (Troubling as it maybe, he has his reason's but the past isn't the problem now, now the problem is acting to do the right thing.)

Our government is filled with attorneys, not philosophers, doctors, nor artist, nor engineers, just those that are trained to manipulate the law to their favor, which shouldn't be the case. This will be a great change and a change worth while.
edit on 23-8-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Compared to Alex Jones, most of the world's media are not hacks. Alex Jones is literally one of the worst "journalists" going... like a sub-par version of Jesse Ventura. [shudders] The only people that rate Jones are people that want their paranoid fantasies acknowledged.

As far as mud slinging is concerned, RP has seen nothing. If he starts gaining real traction we'll see the REAL mud fly.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

First you said there is no logic in my position, then you find that my post bothered you so much you had to reply to it again.

Typical you have no actual solutions to the issues you brought up, the only reason you respond to every poster in this thread is because you don't even believe in your own OP, you know you've lost already because barely anybody agrees with you.

Again, provide an alternative solution, ANYTHING...ANYBODY. I'll even believe you!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join