It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

You're really not worth the trouble..

You twist and change everything you post and state zero facts..

Good luck with your first thread..

BinB, Nice to see you again!

I have only read to this post of yours and no one has mentioned this yet:

Here's a FACT for you...

Dr. Paul was born in 1935...he will be 77 in 2012, 81 after four years in office.
Hope he picks a good VP candidate!
The MSM, Republicans, Democrats, et. al. will be all over this, don't you agree?
His age alone, forget about his policies, will keep him out of the WH.

73's,
Tom
edit on 23-8-2011 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I sincerely hope that voters in your country look beyond the political jerrymandering of Paul's opponents and focus on the man and his policies,you(and the rest of us!) deserve a president who is not in it to rehash the same old same old.
The very best of luck to him.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Ron Paul is like the thing in my pants between my legs. Old, wrinkled, limp, and of no use!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

why would the PTB bring this guy out of the closet now?

why would they say, ok give him some face time.

is he working for THEM?

he is an old guy who has been in the system for many years. like strom thumpson or whatever his name is/was.

this is his swan song. last chance for love, hotel california, i really do wish you supporters luck.

he will need it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Who needs three, just one will do:

1 - Because those in power do not want him to be.

Those in power do not want Sarah Palin to be president either....

Hence, if R. Paul actually gets more media coverage, it will be of similar nature to the coverage Sarah Palin has had.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Shooting him would result in mass riots in this country.

You must be joking. No one would riot if Paul was killed. The only people who care about him are too fat and comfy to take anything that seriously. The only way to get them to riot is to shut off the power long term and lower their living standards so much that they're literally scraping every penny together just to get enough food to last a week. The most people would do is take to the internet and "rabble rabble" each other to death.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Well captainmorethanobvioustroll, did you just join to try and discredit a candidate with zero facts??

Mate, many have tried and failed before you and I doubt you will be the last..

ATS members are smarter than that..
They can separate fact from fiction and your OP is sadly lacking in facts.

I know. I like how he first says, I've always been a liberal, like what paul says blah blah... Basic hook line and sinker attempt. Troll.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
when you try to shove RP into the msm-run political paradigm he doesn't fit. but when you look towards the future past big oil, big ag, big pharma, military industrial complex, etc he fits perfectly

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

The first part is factual, in fact I couldn't agree more.

The second part is a guess, and while I don't really agree with RP on a lot, I hope that at some point America could embrace someone as "different" as RP.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetOfZeal

I have no idea what your point is...?

I'm not a troll, and if you think a Liberal can't agree with Paul then you know very little about how the political spectrum works.

If you wanna spend your time constructively, why not google the term "left-libertarian" then come back and apologise for calling me a troll.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Another rant, by someone who hasn't read the thread...

I am surprised at the number of knee-jerk RP supporters.. People who see the title of the thread, don't bother to read it, and attack me for spreading lies about RP.

I was under the assumption that RP supporters we above that... this has been a very interesting experience...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Whilst most opposition to Ron Paul will use the 3 things stated as ammo , they are pretty weak arguements which can be debated. The MSM will use them also as ammo to sway the decisions of Joe public.
However those who have at least a tiny smidgen of intelligence can look past these things and see them for what they are , mud slinging tactics to stop the people right for the job from getting into power.

I hope that most americans are now awake and have reliased the cold hard truth , america is slipping and Ron Paul has the rope to stop them falling off the edge.
He seems to be the only one with a plan of action and one which not only would work , but at the same time is for the people and safegaurs their liberty and freedoms and also , helps out the rest of the world too.

Good luck Ron Paul , you'd get my vote if I was an american citizen

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I think you pretty much made my point for me. And for all of those in the GOP that will never support RP for the nomination. I wish him luck, but... it won't happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

yeah, "barry" has it covered. no worries. now watch this drive...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Ron Paul has support because he's not a typical belt way politician. People are tired of "politicians" and the 2-headed 1-party system.

The Republicans pass the "Patriot Act", the Democrats continue it. The Republicans start the wars, the Democrats are expanding them. Under Bush, the debt ceiling was raised, the national debt was doubled and he passed the first TARP, Obama has accelerated this spending. Bush started a precedence of killing American citizens without a trial and Obama has done the exact same thing...

1) People may not want to "accept it", but Social Security, like every other Federal program, is bankrupt.

Its not a matter of will the American people accept it, they have to. While this is not a popular message with the older generation, it is with the younger generation because they realize that they are being forced to pay into a system which will no longer exist when they retire.

According to new projections from the Congressional Budget Office, Social Security will officially go bankrupt this year, paying out $45 billion more in benefits than it takes in.

www.humanevents.com...

Ron Paul has made the argument that if we are going to somehow continue these failed Federal government programs, the first thing we need to to do is concentrate on domestic spending and end our foreign empire.

2) You're comparing Obama with Ron Paul??? Obama is a hand picked globalist.

The establishment media was likening Obama to the second coming of Christ. Never in my life had I seen such a propaganda love fest. It had NOTHING to do with Obama's personality unless you are referring to the part of Obama's personality that is a slave to the central bankers and the military industrial complex.

You're also ignoring the fact that the establishment media has relentlessly attacked or ignored Ron Paul. As much support as Ron Paul has on the web, television media still accounts for the vast majority of "news and information" aka propaganda. The people who hear his real message, embrace it.

His message could not be any simpler. Stop the endless wars, stop the endless cycle of borrowing, taxing, debt and inflation; stop the government from violating our civil liberties via the "Patriot Act" and entities like the TSA.

How dumbed down do we need the message to be?

3) The newsletters are a red herring. Ron Paul has no "past".

This is a man who has absolutely no dirty laundry. He's been married to the same woman his entire life, no extra-marital affairs, no texting nude pictures, no chasing young boys, no nothing.

The one charge is that Ron Paul is somehow a racist. As usual, Ron Paul defends himself very well. Has anyone ever heard him utter a racist comment or make a racial slur or advocate a racist policy?

It doesn't take much soul searching to realize we are dealing with a very decent man in Ron Paul and maybe thats the problem. The American people are so used to dealing with scum, they're unaccustomed to decency.

Its not as though the establishment propaganda network hasn't tried to label him as a racist. Here they somehow "discovered" that the founder of Storm Front sent money to Ron Paul. Time after time, they fail miserably in trying to smear this man:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Black people (like all people) who are exposed to the Ron Paul's real message, embrace it.

One of the laws which affect minorities possibly more than any other is the punishment associated with non violent crime aka drug use.

Ron Paul's stance on illegal drugs is very appealing to minority populations because they have always viewed these laws as a direct attack on them.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Two things:

- If you post Alex Jones stuff, I'm gonna ignore your opinion, as Alex Jones is, at best a hack.

- If you read my post you'll see that I don't think Paul is a racist etc., but if he actually was seen as potential threat to Romney/Perry (he probably isn't) or got the nomination (he won't) then all gloves would come off and these little attempts by the corporate media (which is mostly controlled by the right; if you haven't noticed, Paul's biggest detractors are all Republicans) would morph into full-blown mud slinging, which works 99.9% of he time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Honestly, black folks aren't gonna all start voting Republican, and for a candidate that will be seen to want to destroy entitlement programs, just cause he's also seen as "against the war on drugs".

That's a pipe dream.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
petition to get Ron paul on 60 minutes
www.change.org...

look back on how the media treated Ron Paul in 2008

and how the media treat him now
www.thedailyshow.com...
edit on 23-8-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Not really.

Look, I've seen this kind of behavior before. I've dabbled in it over another candidate (Obama).

It's unhealthy, dangerous and illogical to vote for a "messiah".

Obama votesr got duped quite a bit. I believe Ron Paul supporters will be disappointed even if he gets within a hair's length of the Republican nomination (which he will because he's not getting it unless he runs independent).
edit on 23-8-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join