It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Uh no, the main reason is because the media chooses who has a chance by picking who gets coverage, how they slant said coverage, how they rig and present polls, and by not saying "he has no chance" over and over so people believe it like they do to ron paul. Obviously many people won't vote for someone who they are told has "no chance" because they want to vote for the winner and have their vote not "wasted". Best way for the media to make sure someone has no chance is to say they have no chance, sadly.

If Ron Paul got fair coverage compared to all the other assholes running for president, and people actually got a chance to maybe see "different" "outsider" views might be what a #ed up country needs, then I guarantee you hed have a "chance".

But keep spewing biased bs that sounds straight out of mainstream media, have fun. That's a pretty pathetic list compared to # you can bring up about any candidate btw, but of course, presenting lists with all negatives no positives are par for the course for a candidate who the media wants to tell you has "no chance", why be fair or even positive like they are to every other candidate they deem/want to see have a "chance".
edit on 23-8-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I doubt that Ron Paul even wants to be president, and he is likely using the election as a way to most effectively spread the message of liberty; while waking people up to the financial realities of the country. By participating in the debates, being interviewed, and making appearances, Ron Paul has so far prevented this election from becoming a painful rehash of politics as usual. He knows exactly what he is doing, and he will stay in the running as long as possible so that his message gets the maximum exposure.

Although I hope he will be elected, I think it might be better if he doesn't. That way when the election is over, he can keep giving em' hell from Congress; and the new breed of young, awakened, politically active libertarians will take the torch and ensure a revolution!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

So because some black people support Ron Paul that means he absolutely isn't racist, brilliant. By that logic if a tiny percentage of German Jews supported Hitler that would make Hitler not prejudiced against Jews. Don't get me wrong I don't think Ron Paul is personally racist but the solution isn't to throw up a few videos of African Americans who happen to be defending him.

As for the OP you forgot that: Ron Paul is too old to win. Obama was young, charismatic and promising change. Ron Paul is old and has been advocating the same positions for decades without altering his stances drastically (from what I've seen of vintage Ron Paul anyway).

Of course there are other reasons, such as the fact that Ron Paul might not want to play ball with the corporate interests that buy our politicians. Without those campaign contributions his visibility will continue to dwindle as the campaign goes on and corporate puppet front-runners emerge thanks to massive donations and lot's of air time.

His avid grass-roots support will only get him so far, especially now that the Supreme Court has ruled Corporations are people who can give as much as they want to politicians.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bentenheimer

He's not running for another term in congress.

Hopefully that means he is really serious about becoming the 45th President of the United States and/or spreading the message far and wide, even if it requires running under a third party.
He will definitely and always have a pulpit to speak from though. The word is out now. "Freedom is popular".
edit on 23-8-2011 by w4HoO because: asdf

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bentenheimer
I doubt that Ron Paul even wants to be president, and he is likely using the election as a way to most effectively spread the message of liberty; while waking people up to the financial realities of the country. By participating in the debates, being interviewed, and making appearances, Ron Paul has so far prevented this election from becoming a painful rehash of politics as usual. He knows exactly what he is doing, and he will stay in the running as long as possible so that his message gets the maximum exposure.

Although I hope he will be elected, I think it might be better if he doesn't. That way when the election is over, he can keep giving em' hell from Congress; and the new breed of young, awakened, politically active libertarians will take the torch and ensure a revolution!

RP turns the grindstone for all those seeking a human world order to sharpen the sword. Good vision on your part

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. —“

It's our DUTY to ensure the government is changed at this point, because it's not doing us any good....
If Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of fixing it, then its also our DUTY to vote for him.

If he can't change things for the better, and no other candidates can, then it is our DUTY to find someone who can, and regardless of rules and regulations, ensure that person is the one in charge.

Cheers....
edit on 23-8-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Hasn't the supreme court ruling that corporations have civil rights and are "persons" been with us for a large span now? You made it sound like it happened today? Just asking.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. —“

It's our DUTY to ensure the government is changed at this point, because it's not doing us any good....
If Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of fixing it, then its also our DUTY to vote for him.

If he can't change things for the better, and no other candidates can, then it is our DUTY to find someone who can, and regardless of rules and regulations, ensure that person is the one in charge.

Cheers....
edit on 23-8-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

And therein lies the nut of the moment. Duty has been discarded for the pursuit of trinkets and the means to achieve them which you can't without credit!
If RP served the interests of the same people who provided the credit for the purchase of the fifty two inch 3d television you received his message on were secured, he'd be a "shoe in"

edit on 23-8-2011 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

1. His stance on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

He is the only guy that will prevent these people from being thrown in the street. if things continue these programs will collapse hurting many. Ron Paul wants to take care of these folks while we phase the system out for future generations.

. He's a has been and an outsider.

That exactly why he "IS" electable. People are sick and tired of insider crooks and thieves leading us off the cliff.

3. His "past is troubling".

Yeah I guess if you call a 30 year track record of honesty and integrity troubling... Sigh! By the way this racist crap has been debunked time and again!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think(new member by the way, hello!) that after eight years of bush and his lies and the four years(Hes not going to stop the lies) of Obama, and with Ron Paul breaking into the media in all forms, that many Americans are starting to get tired of being spoon feed the same crap. He will be the first President in a long time to finally break through the precipitation and dog and pony show and bring in a fresh breath of honesty. I have and despite being young and only seeing three elections so far haven't been wrong on the next president despite my feelings towards them. He is streamlining through the other candidates and people are really excited about seeing what he can do.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Anybody who says Ron Paul CAN'T be President, I invite you to introduce a better candidate, looks better, talks smoother, stands taller, has a better record and defends the constitution even better than Ron Paul.

After you have convinced this candidate to run for President, spread the message far and wide so you pick up millions of grassroots supporters who will believe in your one true candidate and donate their hard earned dollars to spread the message of liberty. If you're not going to do that, sit down and let Ron Paul run his campaign.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
..thats if real politics really matter... to be president of the US you'd need to be ok'd by the bankers, the ceo's, the rothschilds, the bush's...

ron-paul wont get elected because he's against 'their' kind. like the people are...

im afraid the time for politics is over in the US.. the time for revolution is at hand.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

There is no internal logic in your position.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Considering he finished behind Romney, Perry and Bachmann in the last two national polls, I'd say you might be exaggerating his popularity.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
..thats if real politics really matter... to be president of the US you'd need to be ok'd by the bankers, the ceo's, the rothschilds, the bush's...

ron-paul wont get elected because he's against 'their' kind. like the people are...

im afraid the time for politics is over in the US.. the time for revolution is at hand.

after 40yrs in politics he is just figuring that out?

really?

lol!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
he complains bitterly about "politics" but he's playing in a political system.

And what the # do you propose as the remedy to THAT? Anyone who wants to change the political system would have to call for a revolution then, rather than get elected? What rubbish.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Not arguing that his views are right or wrong on SS, etc. (though I wouldn't agree that they're "unconstitutional," but that's not what the thread is about); I'm saying that his stance has left him open for attack from all sides. Recently a lot of unions and African American group signalled they aren't happy with Obama. If Paul were up against Obama those groups would again crystallise around O, because of issues like SS, Mc and MS.

As for the outsider thing, it's pretty much never helped anyone... with a few exception people, once they are elected, keep getting re-elected, unless they really screw the pooch... Obama, as much as people are disappointed in him, hasn't been shown to be "evil" or "corrupt" just mildly-incompetent and wishy-washy. People still, something like 3/1 think Bush is to blame for this economy and O did do some things he can run on... think of it like this, who'd a poor person who's not paying much attention rather vote for:

- Someone that expanded healthcare for the poor
- Someone who wants to kill medicaid/medicare/social security*

* If this statement upsets you, go read the rest of the thread.

It's about perception and the other Repubs will beat RP with this every time... And good luck to Ron Paul if he thinks he can win Florida when his opponent can run clips of him saying he thinks Social Security is unconstitutional.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

The solution? Play the game!

If you can't play chess, then don't.

He can't even begin to think of winning if he doesn't understand the rules or if he tries to change the entire political system AND run for President at the same time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
If you're not going to do that, sit down and let Ron Paul run his campaign.

Sorry, but you don't actually have the right or the ability to stop people from discussing his campaign.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Read the thread. You've missed the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join