It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Ron Paul will NEVER be President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Before everyone freaks out on me
let me be very clear.

I am an extreme liberal. I have spent my adult life support fringe candidates. I get it. I also like a lot of what Paul says but.... He will NEVER be President.

Here's why:

1. His stance on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

People, even people that are dyed in the wool free marketers don't want to get rid of these programs, and even when they DO, they don't say t out loud because it's politically... well, it's suicide. Paul doesn't even make the economic argument, he makes an ideological argument. That appeals to about 2% of the population and scares about 60% that benefit from these programs. Not only do I know that, his opponents do as well. If they EVER decide to take him seriously, they will destroy him with this fact in a few days. National ads saying Ron Paul wants to take away medicine from Granny and disabled people...? In a heartbeat. It doesn't matter WHY he says these things... he's said them and could be crucified politically, in a minute, if people were actually scared of him.

2. He's a has been and an outsider.

Folks have been trying to get Paul a bigger stage forever. They manage to increase his appeal, but only by a tiny %. He's had a chance to set the world on fire and hasn't. The message he's selling is to complex and abstract and too niche. And his personality is not hugely appealing to the majority of Americans. Look at Obama. No plans, no experience, but it didn't matter, he was new he had huge charisma and he made people excited. Paul can't do that. And, on top of that, he's not a party insider. The party will NEVER line up behind him because his beliefs are poisons to many of their own goals.

3. His "past is troubling".

This will blow up in his face... he complains bitterly about "politics" but he's playing in a political system. He tries to hard to "intellectualise" why his newsletter was racist (which is a whole other issue). His team is incapable of getting ahead of this story, and the other attacks made on him and in the end, ads about this would easily destroy him. Imagine him again Obama. Obama brings up Ron Paul's newsletters' racism... Paul tries to shift the blame and say, "I didn't know what was in my own newsletter"... It's political poison and will be used...

---

No amount of boosterism will allow him to win. No economic trouble will get the party behind him and his own ideology is too fringe. And he's an argumentative, overly intellectual "Libertarian".

He's wildly flawed as a "political" candidate and will never win.

+38 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Once an idea takes root it cant be weeded out,Ron Paul will prevail
2nd line

+44 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

I'd rather write in his name on the ballot then to vote for another figurehead. It doesn't matter to me if people feel voting for Ron Paul is throwing away a vote because deep down I'll know I voted for the right person for the position.

edit on 22-8-2011 by BrawleR because: Grammar!

edit on 22-8-2011 by BrawleR because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Who needs three, just one will do:

1 - Because those in power do not want him to be.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The only thing between Ron Paul and the presidency is a bullet.

I hope that he wears kevlar armour.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

yeah, but not in a "we'll stop this dangerous candidate Ron Paul bwhahahaha" kinda way... in a "we want to win and he's an easy target based on his beliefs and his personality" kinda way.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

That's wild paranoia. No one wants to kill Ron Paul. He's soooooooooo unelectable that bullet isn't even on the "Top 1000 ways to deal with Ron Paul" list

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
A lot of people are missing something VERY different from politics as usual - Something worth mentioning and not to be taken lightly.

1. Ron Paul is an outsider - Ron Paul may be running on a Republican ticket but he has the ability to pull from across party lines. He has supporters from all parties. Not only that, but it is Ron Paul who has caused a complete revolution in the youth. People who have been completely turned off to politics are now involved heavily. His numbers are drastically higher than 2007, he is winning pretty much every poll, he was the closest GOP candidate to beat Obama in 2012 and he has the strongest support from the military. Donation totals for Ron Paul were higher than all GOP candidates COMBINED and higher than Obama by far. Attach that to his two time CPAC win, his NH Young Republican and New Orleans Republican leader straw polls, and then get Jon Stewart and several key endorsements - WIN!

2. Ron Paul taking out Social Security -

Ron Paul on Social Security

Q: Are you still in favor of abolishing Social Security? A: Yes, but not overnight. As a matter of fact, my program’s the only one that is going to be able to take care of the elderly. I’d like to get the young people out of it, just the younger generation, because there’s no money there, and they’re going to have to pay 50 years and they’re not going to get anything. I’d take care of all the elderly, all those who are dependent, but I would save the money from this wild spending overseas. Source: 2008 GOP debate in Boca Raton Florida Jan 24, 2008

3. Ah, the infamous racism junk -

I don't think there will be as much of an issue as you think.

So, moving along - RON PAUL 2012!! (view the link in my signature on how YOU can help him win!)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

That's wild paranoia. No one wants to kill Ron Paul. He's soooooooooo unelectable that bullet isn't even on the "Top 1000 ways to deal with Ron Paul" list

As each day passes, this option keeps moving up the list.

I hope the powers that be fail in any attempt to kill him.

I am praying for Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Shooting him would result in mass riots in this country.

That could be the plan tho...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

As each day passes, this option keeps moving up the list.

I hope the powers that be fail in any attempt to kill him.

I am praying for Ron Paul.

Well that will do feck all.

Don't worry. Ron Paul would have to get the nomination before anyone wanted to hurt him. He won't. Paul is perfectly safe.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Well captainmorethanobvioustroll, did you just join to try and discredit a candidate with zero facts??

Mate, many have tried and failed before you and I doubt you will be the last..

ATS members are smarter than that..
They can separate fact from fiction and your OP is sadly lacking in facts.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Shooting him would result in mass riots in this country.

That could be the plan tho...

No it wouldn't. So few people ACTUALLY care about Paul. The world is not ATS. And America is not the Strw Poll voters in Iowa (who are so clever they voted for the least electable candidate, followed by the second least electable candidate... the Iowa Straw Poll is a joke.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Here's an amalgam of recent polling on the issue...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The GOP will not get behind Paul.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Thank you Ron Paul. I hope you are successful in your bid for presidency. Go on and switch on the government for democracy switch and switch off the Fascist corporate government switch. Even if it is only for one term.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

you joined 3 days ago m8,I sense an agenda

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Well captainmorethanobvioustroll, did you just join to try and discredit a candidate with zero facts??

Mate, many have tried and failed before you and I doubt you will be the last..

ATS members are smarter than that..
They can separate fact from fiction and your OP is sadly lacking in facts.

OK. well, if you'd like to place a friendly wager, I'm up for it.

If Ron Paul gets the nomination I will publicly state you were right. If he doesn't, and if the tactics I've described are used effectively against him, will you agree to state you were wrong?

The fact's are clear:

- You can't be anti-social security and win the Presidency.

- There's no huge ground-surge of support for Paul in mainstream America.

- His own past will be used against him and his personality makes him unable to win political battles.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

[rolls eyes]

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I'm really not sure if I should debate with you. I have to agree with the other posters and say I think you're more out to get emotion than to learn facts.

Just food for thought though - Ron Paul raised $1.776 million dollars in the last 48 hours. This is without ANY corporation donations or huge financial backers. This is regular people like you and me, giving $5 here and there. Yet, he just did this. He was 2nd in overall donation amounts for the 2nd quarter. (Romney lied about his amounts so who knows if he was really first) Also, Ron Paul has the most donations from military. (beating ALL GOP candidates COMBINED)

Trust me when I say he has far more than the backing of the republicans. His support is on principal, not party lines.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The fact's are clear:

- You can't be anti-social security and win the Presidency.

- There's no huge ground-surge of support for Paul in mainstream America.

- His own past will be used against him and his personality makes him unable to win political battles.

You bring up your 3 points again and yet have still not replied to my 1st post to you.
edit on 22-8-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join