It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.E.F. Deep embedded fear.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have found that the worst fear is the one that puts you in to a state of fear when there is no
real threat and no real likely hood that anything will really happen. Amazingly its effect
can spread it self through out time and space invading a whole lifetime or even leap through
generations. The result of this fear being believed to be real is to freeze ones life and inhibit natural expressions or to seriously limit freedom. Until this fear is known to be (false) that which it is and disposed of ones life is overshadowed.
On the other hand, natural fear actually guides us away from that which is truly unbeneficial. I realized when I started to contemplate this idea how simple it really is,but having experienced fear like many of us have, I also realized the complexity of fear. It all dependent on where you are standing in it on how you see it. Slowly as we step out of it, we are able to see the simplicity of our escape route from it. One experience I had in a cave was one of the most fearful of my life, without going in to the whole details of the event. Even my dog refused to enter that space, but when the real fear overcame me I shot out of that cave like the fastest beast on earth.Somehow I knew instinctively if I didn't leave in that very moment I would never of left that space again. The fear literally stuck to me for the following weeks, I even noticed dogs could see it on me. Eventually it wore off thank God, and I was then enveloped in a true sensation of fearlessness.
I would like to quote an old African saying for those who are currently suffering fear. “the worst that can happen is the worst that can happen”

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I can’t tell you why it is like that, but many people got similar fears as the one you describe. I heard more than a few telling how they feel they are being stalked when they are passing a dark narrow hallway. Most people get past this at a certain age, althou some live in false fears all their life.

Maybe it’s a primal survival instinct to make us aware of the unseen/dark, where most predators lurk. Fx. Tigers like to take cover in the bushes and attack from behind.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"Perfect love casteth out all fear" I guess I don't have perfect love...

I've read that people have common fear dreams - I had two of the common ones pretty regularly- elevator dreams and teeth dreams. I'm in an elevator and maybe the floor collapses or it starts descending quite rapidly. Or going sideways and everyone on it is screaming!! Or the door opens and it's a really wiggly floor and I can't decide if I should get on or not. Yet I don't even think about these when getting on elevators in real life, I have no real fear of them. Maybe Freud could tell me (but I read he was actually a satanist - thus the deviant behavior)

I also used to have the teeth dreams. My teeth would start coming out one by one and I'd try to put them back, but so many would fall out that I start collecting them in a cup or something and running for a dentist. I was always so relieved to wake up and find I still had teeth! I used to grind my teeth in my sleep also, it would give me a sore jaw. Finally I had all the amalgams taken out ( yeah, mercury) - half one day, half the next - and amazingly no more grinding teeth or nasty dreams! Sorry, I was rambling...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
. Eventually it wore off thank God, and I was then enveloped in a true sensation of fearlessness.
I would like to quote an old African saying for those who are currently suffering fear. “the worst that can happen is the worst that can happen”

I'm sorry for having to take you to task for this, but I cannot let it pass because it seems to indicate a false bravado.

So you have or would go back to that cave to face what you felt was there? Yes or no?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

yes I already did, but its not a case of bravado either false or otherwise. It was more a kind of crossroad scenario for me, with two completly different destinies leaving that time and space. Long story really and one many people wouldnt believe even in here. None the less, good question!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Dosn't that mean, you have to be certain, of what the worst that can happen, actually is?

Secondly, you went into a cave ? Alone ? What the hell man ? Do you have a death wish ? You do realise that can't be considered real bright ? I'm not trying to put you down at all but what were you thinking ? You realise I get the willys just thinking about that ? The No.1 rule about caves is don't go alone. You got to be kidding ?
You deserve to havc e the crap scared out of you at least. Don't do that again please.
edit on 22-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Dosn't that mean, you have to be certain, of what the worst that can happen, actually is?
Not all africans live in the same safety zone as you do, that doesnt mean it should be our ideal.If you look in to it, its a kind of faith that the worst that can happen will not, in life we need this possibility.

Secondly, you went into a cave ? Alone ? yes! What the hell man ?it could of been a kind of hell. Do you have a death wish ? no if not I would be dead You do realise that can't be considered real bright ? Actually I am considered to be very bright, but like any normal human being I take risks to get to know my self.
I'm not trying to put you down at all but what were you thinking ?I wasnt thinking it was more a case of being attracted to the mountain, I knew her pretty well from the outside and wanted to get to know her on the inside. You realise I get the willys just thinking about that ? I do and I probably know why. because you are intuitively conneting to what was inside the cave. The No.1 rule about caves is don't go alone. I know but this was something that had to be done alone and the area that I went in to was safe physically speaking.
You deserve to havc e the crap scared out of you at least. Don't do that again please.Thanks for your kind thoughts and dont worry I will not and if I do it will be with a lot of people next time.
edit on 22-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I swear I went to bed last night and you gave me a nightmare.
That's so messed up.
SnF Have you ever heard of a beckoning ? This mountain seems to beckon you, in a metaphysical kind of way. If you go it alone again I imagine us here not ever hearing of it. Steer clear of that motha.

edit on 23-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join