It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Libyan Rebels just take Tripoli like that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
"Oh no, not another Gaddafi thread!" Yeah, I know, I'm sorry.

When I first heard about the Rebel advance into Tripoli, it didn't sound right.. How can the Libyan Government Forces put up a fierce fight in the towns of Libya, but not put up a fight in Tripoli?

I know we have all heard recently that the Gaddafi Regime has almost crumbled, his son has been captured, his personal security team surrendered, and.. He has possibly been shot. But, what about his forces that were putting up a fight recently in the weeks, did they all just surrender? I still think walking into Tripoli like that just isn't right, Gaddafi wouldn't let it go, unless all of his forces have surrendered and he has no one left.

I've been watching the Live Sky News feed here and there, but I'm not sure of the exact situation. What does everyone else think about all of this, is it finally over in Libya, or is there a bigger battle awaiting ahead? Despite what I have said above, I think it is finally over, they just have to clear out little pockets of resistance.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Im thinking....CHEAP OIL woooooohooooooooo.........but we wont see the cuts at the pumps
Petrol/Gas will more than likely now go up despite oil prices dropping lol.

Sorry i cannot contribute more to this thread, im engrossed in the news, only heard about this about 30 minutes ago lol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Exactly what I have been thinking, but I think It's because they closed In on 4 fronts, left them no choice but to surrender.
Before, when the where advancing to city's near Tripoli, Goverment forces felt more comfortable I guess poppin shot's with Snipers and shelling them with Artillary.

Who know's though, there might be a bloody last stand but look's unlikely right now.
I think Gadafi has been killed but thats my opinion.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Its simple: NATO sends in its special forces to do all the work and tells the media strictly NOT to film them.

And meanwhile, the media just tells the rebels to act like they're shooting at Gaddafi forces, and to cheer/praise and all that BS.

So basically, the Rebels didn't do jack $hit except run around getting ambushed while their big daddy NATO did all the work.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Its simple: NATO sends in its special forces to do all the work and tells the media strictly NOT to film them.

And meanwhile, the media just tells the rebels to act like they're shooting at Gaddafi forces, and to cheer/praise and all that BS.

So basically, the Rebels didn't do jack $hit except run around getting ambushed while their big daddy NATO did all the work.

This.

NATO/NAVO is contantly bombarding and destroying guadafi's forces, buildings and weapons.

Primates with sticks could take over Tripoli by now, hardly any resistance because of the mindless bombardments and attacks here.

To the world Guadafi was wrong and "supressing" his people, yet the Islamic activist Mohammed Busidra drawed the new Libyan constitution, witch basicly "supresses" the whole country and it's OK?!?!

AboveTopSecret Thread

Yeah that seems to add up, there way more to this middle east battle for power then is told.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Its not over yet,a brigade loyal to Gaddafi are coming out and engaging the rebels in the capital city with Tanks.

With no air support,I expect NATO to bomb them

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is the brigade heading towards the rebels as I type,looks like a well trained SF group

en.wikipedia.org...

Not sure how high their numbers are after the continual NATO sorties,but there far better trained than the rebels are but still not a patch on the anglo american dogs of war who must be working hand in hand with the rabble that the rebels are for them to have got so far with what they have and the training they have had!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nuker

NATO rammed up their bombing campaign yesterday, they played the biggest part, not the rebels.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Soo

Would you rather have rivers of blood in the streets?

How much more death would you want, as you sound dissapointed?

Clearly there needs to be lots of bombs and death to satiate your lust for "entertainment"

I am very happy the Libyans did not oblige you!!!
edit on 22-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I dont think the OP was looking for horrific war scenes in Tripoli,but was rather taken back by the ease the rebels entered the capital city.

As mentioned above and on other pages on this site NATO have been doing an amazing air suport roll for these rebels,taking out any potential threats that might deflate the morale of these rebels up to the front gates of Tripoli and beyond

The narrow streets of Tripoli and better trained oposing forces could be a stale mate,but im sure our own battle hardened SF guys will help in tactics and eliminate any force heading their way

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Gaddafi dead or alive?

A pic showing he is dead:

jonturk.com...

new topics

top topics

join