It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream activated lost memories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hello,
Ok noting too interesting hear but wanted to share the power of my dream.

Let me tell you about a place I used to visit when I was first born, It was a cafe called greenways, in Bletchley, Milton Keynes UK.
Sadly they demolished the cafe when I was about 5 years old.
I had forgotten this place and if someone had said about it I would have been like “oh yeah went there when I was a kid”
The cafe was visited all the time by my grandfather who recently passed, my grandmother who worked in the cafe for 20 years, most of my aunties when there and uncles.
Now the strange thing to me is after this dream I’m at work in my office sitting here and I seem to remember loads of different thing now it’s like the dream activated dormant memories.
I remember seeing my family in there; I remember the couple Stanley and Pamela who owned it.
I remember now with my cousins we used to play street fighter on the giant arcade machine.
I remember there chips (fries) used to be juicy and greasy there did great Cod. It’s great.
And much more, its put me in a very good mood

Anyone else dreams ever done this? Activates memories you never knew you had?
Cheers :-)
Jay

P.S. im 27 years old now so 23 years ago this happened.
edit on 22-8-2011 by ototheb85 because: forgot my age

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have never had something like this happen, but I have had dreams that really moved me. For instance, my very first night ever in my dorm at college, I had a dream that I had met a girl at college and time had progressed to the point where we were dating and I was making love to her in her bed. It seemed like weeks had passed in my dream and it all seemed so so so so real. I woke up during the love making "scene" and I just felt so sad because I had come back to reality. It all seemed so real. It was just so upsetting that I actually felt those feelings, but they just were not real. It was kind of cruel...

Congrats to you for being able to remember the happy times.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Everything that you experience whether consciously or unconsciously is recorded into memory. These memories can be recalled in great detail, and if one is adept enough, you can recall things about the experience that you didn't realize you even experienced.

I went through something like this about a year ago. My experience was kinda different though. Memories would spontaneously arise within my awareness, and they would also be quite vivid. It was more than just a thought though, I could feel what it felt like to experience what I had felt before. It was very peculiar.

I wrote this thread about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Thank you both for your replys, i will read your post you made a while back.

Jay

top topics

join