It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it that Muslims move into a foreign country en masse, demand rights, and receive them, when C

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
Here's a thought, why not learn to just get along.

btw, what religion was the maniac shooter from Norway ?

edit on 22/8/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

Actually that is under heated debate. The left leaning media pundits are screaming he was a christian radical that hated muslims and wanted to incite a holy war. The Norwegians are discussing the fact that he was not very Christian at all and was much more a Norwegian nationalist that felt his country and culture were being taken over by muslims. Of course all liberal media folks salivate and dream of the time where they can look into their cameras and scream about the crazy religious right, they fear what they hate and will demonize the right at any cost. If you look at northern european culture, it is very guarded and respected. You dont name your kids idiotic western hollywood celebrity names, you name your child a Norwegian name. You love your history, embrace your ancestry, and love and respect your land and country. So to put out there, or to insinuate that the Norway shooter was a radical Christian that was motivated to violence by his religion is ....undetermined and probably false whether you like it or not.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Just like immigrants came to America and started to demand rights, infact, you should probably ask the native indians and mayan's etc how it went.

Well I know us "so called" Aussies don't exactly follow Aboriginal beliefs or customs..
In fact, we banned theirs..

Did we? Is that a fact? It was to my understanding and learning of history that the christian missionaries did all they could to convert them. But the governments policy was that they be left alone it was just ignored. In fact even in colonial times the law was that the settlers weren't to take the law into their own hands and any confrontaion was to be reported to the authorities ,not that this was followed, and that the law then as well was that the aboriginies were to be left alone. But of course as with any situation when an advanced culture comes in contact with a less advanced one the less advanced on won't survive intact. Another thing to note which isn't often mentioned when blaming Australia for what was actually an English thing as Australia as a nation wasn't around then is that the so called genicide was actually caused by the common cold.
edit on 22-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The small state you mention in Malaysia, is it Kelantan?

The Parti Islam SeMalaysia (better known by its initials PAS) is dedicated to creating an Islamic state in Malaysia through democratic means. PAS has never won more than a handful of seats in the federal parliament, but it controls the state of Kelantan on the east coast and for a while it governed the neighboring state of Terangganu.

In 1993 the Kelantan state assembly enacted the “State Syariah (Sharia) Criminal Bill.” The pure hudud code covers such offenses as drinking alcohol, illicit intercourse, theft, blasphemy and apostasy (renouncing Islam) and applies it to all Muslims. The penalties are whipping, amputation of limbs and death (by stoning for adultery).

www.realclearworld.com...

What I wonder is if sharia there has only ever applied to muslims (besides not letting ppl marry) or have there been instances of penalties/fines/imprisonment on christians, hindus, animists, foreign tourists... and/or are they beginning to experience discrimination or fear?

I really have nothing against personal religious beliefs, muslims, but I disagree strongly with islamic political system and law. I refuse to visit even the most supposed liberal of islamic countries such as UAE. Women victims of rape there are the ones who go to jail.

latimesblogs.latimes.com... g-rape-will-serve-a-one-year.html

I understand the outcry in the UK, I'm married to an englishman, go there a lot. Honestly, I get the feeling many white/christian majority countries in Europe feel like they are getting outbred, outnumbered and losing their culture... and it's true our birthrates are 1-2 per couple versus 6 on average with the arabs, pakistanis, other... ? Someone correct me if I'm wrong or add to that, would be great.

edit on 8/22/2011 by moogle because: left out info

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I'm sure people would be glad to get along, as long as people don't try to randomly impose a religiously based law in the middle of a secular society.

Personally, if Muslims want Sharia law and are willing to do like the Amish do, then God bless them and I wish them the best of luck.

However, moving into a city en-mass and then trying to declare a whole chunk of that city a Sharia-law zone is disruptive socially, economically, and politically.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Ugghhh... sounds like how affirmative action in the USA. This topic needs it's own thread methinks ;-)

I agree. You know Britain has gone PC mad when they pull an ad of an adorable puppy dog sitting on a police hat.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would rather keep my countries (born USA living in UK) based on the law of God, the Ten Commandments and the common law of the land than to allow any group of immigrants to be able to impose their non Biblical based laws. Go to any of their countries and live for awhile - then you will shortly realise that societies such as ours, based on Abrahamic law, has offered us as citizens freedoms which others only dream about. Why in the heck do you think "someone" has allowed and encouraged this mass immigration ? At what point will our societies wake up to the fact that it is to get rid of our laws that are based on Abrahamic laws? - the satanic NWO are getting rid of anything to do with God.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by destinedkid17

reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

The majority of muslims I've met don't want sharia law..

It's a small minority but vocal..
The Government should just ignore them and hope they go away..

EXACTLY, i really dont know why people are so paranoid of sharia law, im Muslim and everyone in my family knows something so far fetched isnt going to happen.

Islam has killed 270 million people.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

About the List of Terrorist Attacks This list of terrorist attacks committed by Muslims since 9/11/01 (a rate of about four or five a day) is incomplete because not all such attacks are picked up by international news sources, even those resulting in multiple loss of life. These are not incidents of ordinary crime involving nominal Muslims killing for money or some other non-religious motive. We only include incidents of deadly violence that can reasonably be determined to have been committed out of religious duty - as interpreted by the perpetrator. We usually list only attacks that result in loss of life (with a handful of exceptions). In several cases, the deaths are undercounted because deaths from trauma caused by the Islamists may occur in later days, despite the best efforts of medical personnel to keep the victims alive. We usually don't include incidents related to combat, such as in Iraq and Afghanistan, unless it involves particularly heinous terror tactics. Unprovoked sniper or bombing attacks on foreign military personnel serving normal police duties are sometimes included depending on the circumstances (although rarely). We acknowledge that a handful of incidents on the list may not fit the traditional definition of 'terror attack.' A small portion, for example, are of honor killings - although we usually omit those in which the woman is killed by her husband, since this is often indistinguishable from a crime of passion (barring explicit circumstances). Our counter reflects the number of deadly attacks on our list. This number will be a bit greater than the number of line items, since multiple incidents are sometimes grouped in the same record. Unfortunately, this list of Muslim terrorist attacks barely scratches the surface of atrocities committed in the name of Islam occurring world-wide each day. For that reason, we don't tally up the dead and dismembered, except on a weekly and monthly basis. As an example, most news articles on the violence in Southern Thailand note that about 900 people were killed in 2005. We estimate that 150 of these deaths are of the Islamic militants themselves, which means they killed some 750 people that year. But TROP only recorded the deaths of 314. We underreported more than half the casualties in a country with a decent news infrastructure. Imagine what we don't catch in the Sudan, where the overall toll has run into the hundreds of thousands! The ridiculous level of violence that Islam serves up to the world makes it impossible to compile a complete list. The incidents are collected each day from public news sources. There is no rumor or word-of-mouth involved. Although every attempt is made to be accurate and consistent, we are not making the claim that this is a scientific product. Unlike the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which publishes a tally of alleged "hate crimes" each year without supporting data, we do provide detail of each incident that we claim as a terror attack and make it available for verification. No other religion inspires the sort of terrorism that the "Religion of Peace" produces. We hope that this list offers a dose of perspective against so-called "Islamophobia" and other Muslim complaints that are petty by comparison. As the site Bare Naked Islam puts it, "It isn't Islamophobia when they really are trying to kill you." Who knows - perhaps one day Muslims will have a change of heart and decide to take the sort of action that one might expect of people who believe that it really is wrong to kill in the name of their religion. We'll know when this happens because it will be when Islam exchanges self-absorbed whining for true contrition and an end to the violence. Go back to the List of Islamic Terrorist Attacks

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amassuo
You guys are worrying about muslims TRYING to get their own laws going when Jewish people have already imposed their own laws against americans in their OWN land in Kiryas Joel. Do some research if we should be scared of the muslims why are we letting the satmar jews of KJ ban us from our in lands 50 miles above new york?

Well Muslims have killed 270 million people.
And cut off millions of hands and feet.

But that town does show what religion does create.

According 2008 census figures, the village has the highest poverty rate in the nation, and the largest percentage of residents who receive food stamps. More than five-eighths of Kiryas Joel residents live below the federal poverty line and more than 40 percent receive food stamps, according to the American Community Survey, a U.S. Census Bureau study of every place in the country with 20,000 residents or more.[3] A 2011 New York Times report noted that, despite the town's very high statistical poverty rates, "It has no slums or homeless people. No one who lives there is shabbily dressed or has to go hungry. Crime is virtually nonexistent."[16]

“You also have no drug-treatment programs, no juvenile delinquency program, we’re not clogging the court system with criminal cases, you’re not running programs for AIDS or teen pregnancy,” he said. “I haven’t run the numbers, but I think it’s a wash.” [16]

edit on 22-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentJB

do you know why that is??? because they have the balls and the means to get what they want....you americans must like getting bumbed because you'se are letting your own government screw you over and cant be bothered doing anything about it.... why dont you do what they do and just riot like everyone else does and then you'll get what you want....i cant believe how stupid you all are and still havent got the picture yet and everyone is sick of hearing you complain and winge...you'se could solve all this # out in a week if you'se wanted but you wont because you are spoilt lazy and expect someone else to always do your # for you... peacefully protesting and sooking at home wont get # done...theres 350 million of you and you'se are being controlled by less than 6000... no wonder the world gives you so much # and look at you and think of you as weak idiots... grow some balls and go destroy some government # and force them to bend to your will not the other way around... .

Two of the gravest general dangers to survival are the desire for comfort and a passive outlook. -- U.S. Army Ranger Handbook

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
I welcome a honest and sincere Muslim much more
than People who worship Money, Greed and Decadence!

It is not the Sharia that i fear
it is Ignorance and uneducated People
who just follow the loudest Leader!
(very common in Middle Eastern Countries)

We are using the Christian Law,
which is not soooooo different from the Sharia-Law,
since 2.000 Years.

People who fear the Sharia should first articulate them self:
what do you not like, what is dangerous and what is unacceptable!

Ps: The British need to face Reality,
they are responsible for the things happen at the moment!
edit on 22-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

NUTS

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

So stop demanding sharia law etc - this is not natural to Britain.

I'm no fan of sharia law myself, but here in Canada we're apparently dealing with the same thing. Interestingly enough, I don't see much outrage when Jewish interests pressure the government to get their "hatespeech" laws put into place, ignore the freedom and rights of every Canadian.

You don't honestly expect these people to give up their culture do you? I fully expect them to ask for this, it's up to YOU to make sure your government does what's best for everyone, not just 1 segment.

So you want them to come and "keep a low profile", essentially to come and shut up about it, but complain that the same would be expected of Christians in their country?

That smacks of hypocrisy to me

They kill Christians in their countries with impunity.
Hate speech laws are used by cultural Marxists to destroy you.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by XplanetX

Thanks X,

Yes, it is the extreme Sharia law muslims who concern me.

Because they will never give up.

Their mission in life is to impose Sharia law on the world - they are terrorists in every way.

not only that but moderate moslems can be pressured to support them because the koran and hadith say that they have to - the extremists can tell them that if they do not support sharia then they are not real moslems because they are not obeying scripture.

It is true that most moslems do not want sharia - they recognise it for the medieval set of laws that it is, and they come to the west in order to be able to live better lifetyles.

But islam does not recognise that - islamic law is set in stone - the scripture is the word of god, written in god's favoured language, and unchangeable because there will never be any more prophets. It is, literally, the last word.

So islam, as we know it, is incapable of fundamental reform, and if anyone dares to change it or suggest they can "improve" it they instantly become apostate...and we all know what that means in islam!

edit on 22-8-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I believe this thread posed a question asking why do muslims move to a particular country and then want to convert said country to islam. Why is is, that americans go to countries all over the world and try to convert people to christianity? Why is it that not only do christians have just as many missionaries as muslims, but the military and govt of those countries go around bombing and/or invading iraq, afghanistan, pakistan, libya, yemen, egypt extc extc. Dont tell me that nato troops arent in certain areas..... the cia, mercenaries, private security and special forces are soldiers contracted by nato to go where we want to pretend they are having "civil war". So yes, alot of middle eastern people flee to america and europe. Strange how even though there are always immigrants, whenever the west is "spreading democracy" suddenly those numbers go way up and there is a humanitarian crisis.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's very sad when Christians have to go out of their way to feel persecuted. It used to be in the good old days that they were tossed to the lions or beaten or burned. That really gives you a good sense of "us versus them." But really, ever since the Inquisition, Christians have had a hard time playing the persecuted martyr card. At least the Jews have the Holocaust to milk for a couple hundred years, at least.

Too bad, Christians. The only thing you're persecuted for these days is being boring.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is a very good question OP.

If I, as a christian person from an industrialized western country were to move to a strict muslim country somewhere, I surely wouldn't be able to keep my lifestyle there.

I couldn't demand that their government payed to build me a church in which I could prey.
Still our governments pay for muslim mosques to be build so that they could express their religion freely.

I couldn't dress the way I wanted to (especially if I was a woman). If I did - I would probably be put in jail for showing too much skin in public.
Still muslims are allowed to use burkas, or whatever they need to wear in order to honour their beliefs, in our schools and public places.

I couldn't eat a pork chop in my backyard a fine evening or I would break some religious sharia law and be fined or thrown in jail for eating meat from a "dirty" animal.
Still muslims can find special grocery stores in our countries that provides them with meat that is from animals that is slaughtered in a special way to fit their religious beliefs.

I couldn't demand that muslims stop playing their religious hymns from their minareths in public.
Still muslims can demand that school graduations that are traditionally held in churches plays no psalms.

Heck, I couldn't even drink whatever I want, whenever I want it, since alcohol isn't allowed - yet our societies provides meals in school at special early hours to muslim kids, so that they can honour their ramadan and still keep them alert in school during the day.

I have no problem at all with religious freedom - but I feel wrong when paying for others religious freedoms with my tax money, and socially accept other religions traditions when I know I can't get the same in return, should I move to their countries.
In a perfect world, we would get back what we give in return.

edit on 22/8/11 by Tollon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It is my understanding that most Muslims who want sharia law are natural born Brits not those who fled it in the first place.

ALS

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thats because the the majority of the minority who just happens to be in charge does not want to offend those cowardly child killing lunatics. They are either bigger morons than the muslims are cowards or they are affraid of them. Either way they give into their demands and it is only going to get worse i am sorry to say.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Just like immigrants came to America and started to demand rights, infact, you should probably ask the native indians and mayan's etc how it went.

Well I know us "so called" Aussies don't exactly follow Aboriginal beliefs or customs..
In fact, we banned theirs..

Did we? Is that a fact? It was to my understanding and learning of history that the christian missionaries did all they could to convert them. But the governments policy was that they be left alone it was just ignored. In fact even in colonial times the law was that the settlers weren't to take the law into their own hands and any confrontaion was to be reported to the authorities ,not that this was followed, and that the law then as well was that the aboriginies were to be left alone. But of course as with any situation when an advanced culture comes in contact with a less advanced one the less advanced on won't survive intact. Another thing to note which isn't often mentioned when blaming Australia for what was actually an English thing as Australia as a nation wasn't around then is that the so called genicide was actually caused by the common cold.

You misunderstood me..
Yes, in the early days we left them to their own beliefs and bushland but actually now they are banned from practicing their own laws..
It was even brought up recently when some elders wanted to punish a few youths..
White man stopped the,..

Also, us whites NEVER followed their customs or beliefs, that's what this thread is about right?
People moving to another land and bringing their beliefs with them??

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
with every government, they must speak for everyone! in western society and governance, this means everyone, meaning secular.

so what does this mean to you and your foe living in the same country? your all equal and all the same, thus intergration is secular. what is ignored by western governance is that we dont want to mix and the more closely we are neighboured the more stressed relations become due to what each individual believes. This is what our western governements wants, to teach that religion separates us, that religion makes us non-equal to one another that religion and differing cutures and traditions incite hate, difference, segragation and war. thus NWO is the answer.

it's what separates us from being at one.

but governments have a duty to incite this and do so, by focusing protectionist laws to the minority, deaf to the ears of the majority (racism) and (not a law system that everybody answers too), governments do this to demonstrate that advancement cannot sit shoulder to shoulder to hate nor co-exist, that both must be defeated to win.

this is why our governments invite and listen to the minorities and then bow to their requests for fear of being deemed a racist, but isnt racism incitement of hate? yes and governments allow you to do the enacting of the incitement incubated by the government, but in this case you and the minions acted, not the government! thus your the racist and not the government, see how they F**K with your mind, your actions! there would be no NWO without it!

this psychological attack against the populus is all apart of the mass agenda, that borders no race, no religion, no culture nor tradition. its called "assimulation to the single order" and essentially , you, me and each and everyone of us will eventually stripe each one of us of our own individual identities, the governments of the world dont need to lift a finger, they will just sit back and watch while we play a game over and over until no matter how you change your game strategy the opposition will always win, think noughts and crosses. eventually both sides of the opposition realise that whoever takes the first move always wins, thus both sides will refuse to partake. leaving the umpire(gov) as the winner.

sad but true, but simply put, having an identity makes you an individual, a group of individuals can have an identity too, identity is a selfawareness of being individual or part of a group of individuals that is not like another group of individuals, this identifes you or a group of individuals as being different to another group of individuals, you wouldnt have an identity otherwise and therefore psychoneurologic in nature.

the government is a group of individuals, they all share the same ideals and goals, they want you to join their group, but you cannot be as superior as they, those who are the forefathers of that group will always rule over power ultimately and this means enslavement to everyone below the rank of the forefather. no-one want s to be a slave, it's degrading and in-humane.

instead, accept were all different, it's what makes a cultured and varied community that we can all share,learn and cherish, ultimately, respect and honour CAN sit shoulder to shoulder and this is what governments dont want us to learn.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
It's very sad when Christians have to go out of their way to feel persecuted. It used to be in the good old days that they were tossed to the lions or beaten or burned. That really gives you a good sense of "us versus them." But really, ever since the Inquisition, Christians have had a hard time playing the persecuted martyr card. At least the Jews have the Holocaust to milk for a couple hundred years, at least.

Too bad, Christians. The only thing you're persecuted for these days is being boring.

More than 17,000 deadly Islamic terror attacks just since 9/11 are very exciting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join