It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it that Muslims move into a foreign country en masse, demand rights, and receive them, when C

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Thought I'd better point out that yes, indeed the extremists are managing it in Malaysia and Indonesia, it's been all over the news for years. Sure, it's only certain states or provinces but the govt allows it... and taken into account that Indonesia for example has 90% muslim population I think it's a fair assumption that there are a lot of strict places in the country.

Malaysia is a "de facto secular regime, with Islam as the state religion"

One Member of Parliament (MP), Badruddin bin Amiruldin, has stated in the Dewan Rakyat house of Parliament that "Malaysia ini negara Islam" ("Malaysia is an Islamic state") and that "you tidak suka, you keluar dari Malaysia!" ("You don't like it, you get out of Malaysia!")

- Wikipedia

Malaysia's non-Muslim Chinese and Indian communities, who form 40 per cent of the population, are alarmed at creeping Islamisation.
Abdul Badawi, the prime minister, this month joined other leaders for the first time in denying what the British-authored constitution has said for 50 years - that Malaysia is a secular state.
Sharia law already operates in some Malaysian states and is occasionally applied to non-Muslims, as in July when Islamic officials forcibly separated a Hindu-Muslim couple with six children after 21 years of marriage.
The majority ethnic Malays are defined as Muslim by law and forbidden from converting.
Racial tensions are already high due to official discrimination in favour of Malays, who enjoy better employment opportunities, preferential loans and lower house prices.
Dr Mohd Hatta, of the Islamic Party, welcomed the latest proposal in principle, but said: "The chief justice should be enforcing laws, not making them."
Meanwhile, dissent is increasingly harshly repressed. Journalists and bloggers say they are tailed by police and their phones are tapped.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The 42-year-old woman converted to Christianity ten years ago and must have her change of religion recognised under the law if she wants to elope with her Christian fiancé, a Malaysian of Indian origin.

In denying her right to change, the court “confirmed the National Registration Department’s right to insist on a certificate from the Sharia Court that she has apostatised, prior to registering her conversion in the identity card.”

However, in Malaysia Sharia courts can impose prison terms or heavy fines on anyone converting from one religion to another. In practice, since the country is governed by two legal systems, an Islamic system based on Sharia and a secular one based on the constitution, people are frequently forced into litigation to determine which one should prevail.

www.asianews.it...

Subashini Rajasingham vs Saravan Thangathoray is the latest case to put Malaysia under the scrutiny of foreign media for its ambiguities regarding religious freedom.

Another case involves Moorthy Maniam, a Malaysian Hindu who was buried with Islamic rites in December 2005. In Malaysia he was a national hero as the first Malaysian to climb Mount Everest, but an Islamic court ruled that before his death he had converted to Islam. His wife challenged the claim but lost before the High Court of Justice.

www.liveleak.com...

"Malaysia and Sharia Law" www.abc.net.au...

"PAS" - en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if the woman who drank beer ended up getting whipped or not?

www.nytimes.com...

INDONESIA

When Habibie became president in 1998, the government’s attitude toward Islamists changed dramatically. Under Habibie, provinces were encouraged to enact Sharia law. More than 30 legislative bodies, primarily on the islands of Sumatra (including Aceh), Sulawesi and Java, adopted Sharia law under Habibie’s rule.

In urban areas, such as Banda Aceh and Tanggerang, where the most radical political changes have taken place, women have been arrested for being out alone at night or failing to wear a headscarf as a government employee; in addition, those who consume alcohol face public whipping. A majority of Indonesians and many foreign governments, including the United States, fear that the current president, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, cannot reign in hardline Muslim conservatives and that individual freedoms and the country’s moderate traditions hang in the balance.

www.pbs.org...

Aceh Province
A prominent case of Sharia-implemented law is the Aceh Province. The province is part of the island of Sumatra and the Aceh Province demanded sovereignty over its laws. The Indonesian government allowed the Aceh Province to create their own laws as they saw fit. Controversy arose when the Aceh Province began passing several exclusionary and harsh laws in the province. One of the most controversial laws is the law stating adulterers could be stoned to death if found guilty by the testimony of four witnesses. Other laws include a ban on gambling, alcohol and pre-marital sex. There are also modest dress laws, such as those requiring women to wear headscarves in Aceh Province. The punishments for breaking the law range from imprisonment to amputation and stoning. Aceh Province politicians stated that the laws are rooted in Sharia law, but many Muslim scholars argue that the laws are a misinterpretation of the hadith. Nevertheless, polls showed a large majority of Aceh citizens support the laws.

www.ehow.com...

Not trying to be a smartass here, I admire a lot of your posts. And pertaining to the thread, I wanted to show how drastically Islam can change a country in as little as 20 years.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by moogle

Excellent post.

If people are interested in finding out how fast the demographics of western countries are changing, check this out:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's going on. Islam is nothing more then a pawn of TPTB to keep us busy. If they could have done it another way, they would have. But knowing how the docile Europe is VS the rather stern views of Islam, the choice was easy.

Divide and conquer and both ethnic Europeans and Muslim immigrants are playing their role perfectly.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by moogle

Not trying to be a smartass here, I admire a lot of your posts. And pertaining to the thread, I wanted to show how drastically Islam can change a country in as little as 20 years.

Hey, I'm here for civil debate and your post was certainly that.

As for Malaysia, up until 2 years ago I spent half my time there running a couple of companies.
I had a house near Johore and a company condo in Ipoh..

Yes, there is ONE small state I am aware of that practices Sharia law..
The beer police are also occasionally out in the MANY bars but can be bought of for a lousy 10 ringits..

The majority even celebrate xmas and I can honestly say I never met an extremist..

I do however agree there are extremists and they should be weeded out and deported if they don't change their views..
But that's my thoughts on extremists from all religions and groups..
edit on 22-8-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

edit on 22-8-2011 by XplanetX because: bad link

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I am glad that you posted this response to the video.

Notice how he mentions the VAST majority but not ALL. Taqqiya is practiced by a large number of muslims when you consider that the total population of muslims is more than 1.5 billion.

I stopped watching the video at this point because he fails to follow up on this FACT.

The Qu'ran does teach the practice of Taqqiya and certainly not in the watered down way that he suggests.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...
edit on 22-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
reply to post by moogle

Excellent post.

If people are interested in finding out how fast the demographics of western countries are changing, check this out:

So why have so-called civilised and intelligent nations of the western world not realised this spiralling birth rate and done something about it?
Stupid is as stupid does!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I welcome a honest and sincere Muslim much more
than People who worship Money, Greed and Decadence!

It is not the Sharia that i fear
it is Ignorance and uneducated People
who just follow the loudest Leader!
(very common in Middle Eastern Countries)

We are using the Christian Law,
which is not soooooo different from the Sharia-Law,
since 2.000 Years.

People who fear the Sharia should first articulate them self:
what do you not like, what is dangerous and what is unacceptable!

Ps: The British need to face Reality,
they are responsible for the things happen at the moment!
edit on 22-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I think the biggest fear of Sharia law by western leaders is their banning of usury..

I doubt they care about who is flogged or killed, but stop their banker buddies from making money and there's a real problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just like immigrants came to America and started to demand rights, infact, you should probably ask the native indians and mayan's etc how it went.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Just like immigrants came to America and started to demand rights, infact, you should probably ask the native indians and mayan's etc how it went.

Well I know us "so called" Aussies don't exactly follow Aboriginal beliefs or customs..
In fact, we banned theirs..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Ain't it amazing how history is so easily forgotten?
...when the shoe's on the other foot...
Colonisation vs immigration.
I'd choose immigration every time...i wouldn't want my culture being subsumed by invading colonists...pushing thier religion onto me and my family, breaking my family and culture apart, ruining my homeland, and putting me on reservations...would you?
He he he
Akushla

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I suppose you have a link to this poll?

A breakdown of it by the BBC website puts into context your blatantly one sided views

SHARIA LAW

•59% of Muslims would prefer to live under British law, compared with 28% who would prefer to live under Sharia law

28% not 40%

and also take note of the word "prefer" this does not mean that they are going to go out and impose it upon everybody. I prefer my bacon sandwich with ketchup but I won't force everyone else to conform..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Well,I don't know if the iminent implementation of Sharia law within certain UK based muslim communities is a major issue,I think that it is a case of "watch this space" as far as Muslim rights are concerned.
Personally,I would tend to lean towards there being a radical shift in tolerance towards Muslim (and other ethnic communities) demands.
Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech/prophecy may not be too far off the mark in the coming months.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Reminds me of my Mother who told me once, "As soon as those foreigners enter this country right away they get a free business and a free house". Really? No really?

It seems to me all they get is to be the victim of injustice and prejudice.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Haven't read the replies yet but today in the I newspaper(cut down version of the independent) a story about muslims missing out on university in the U.K. due to student fee rules.It say that islam doesn't allow loans if they involve interest.They are going to change the rules for them.Unbelievable!No doubt they will end up going for free as some sort of positive discrimination!They also showed a picture of a muslim graduate who said basically ''when in Rome''I think this is a perfect example of pandering to these people & find it ridiculus how P.C. gone mad Britain has become.The governments are saving up a time bomb & when it goes off it will make the riots the other week look pale in significance.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

So stop demanding sharia law etc - this is not natural to Britain.

I'm no fan of sharia law myself, but here in Canada we're apparently dealing with the same thing. Interestingly enough, I don't see much outrage when Jewish interests pressure the government to get their "hatespeech" laws put into place, ignore the freedom and rights of every Canadian.

You don't honestly expect these people to give up their culture do you? I fully expect them to ask for this, it's up to YOU to make sure your government does what's best for everyone, not just 1 segment.

So you want them to come and "keep a low profile", essentially to come and shut up about it, but complain that the same would be expected of Christians in their country?

That smacks of hypocrisy to me

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Usury should be outlawed for EVERYONE.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
These idiots should have no right to dictate to other cultures like this.

Sharia law is totally offensive to begin with, to bow down to these mentally ill bullies is so wrong.

the arrogance of muslims is mindbending. they seek to infiltrate and assimilate everywhere that doesent buy into their crap yet. Anyone who stands in their way gets threatened or murdered. Despicable bloody savages.

We shouldnt even let these imbeciles come here in droves like we have been doing. They should remain in the #-holes they came from if they refuse to leave their oppressive backward religious stupidity behind.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Britian isn't the only Christian country facing this issue. We in the USA are also facing the issue of having Sharia law shoved down our throats. I cannot name all the states here, but I know my homestate of Minnesota is considering allowing it to gain a foothold there. I don't believe one religion serves for every person in the world- each have their own ideas of what their god(s) are, and should be left to believe what they will. Although not religious in the traditional sense, I do believe in a higher power- and it's within all of us. No one has any special "rights" or powers- they reside within each of us, if we are willing to tap into it.

We have to fight sometimes for our rights, or they will continue to be taken from us. Fighting doesn't necessarily mean physical interaction- words can be quite powerful too.

Peace to one and all!
SK

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join