It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And here it is..... My Really good Ribs recipe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So we were at a BBQ and i knew i was Going there early on in the week....

i decided i would make pork ribs.. BBQ style... with my limited knowledge of BBQ and my keen taste

Soooooo

i got two full racks of ribs and halfed them, put them in a 7 litre pot,

i added two litres of cocacola
two table spoons of Mustard powder (english(yellow))
two tablespoons of Cayene pepper
lots of pepper
lots of salt
Half a tube of Garlic Puree
half a tube of Tomatoe puree
a tin ofcherrry tomatoes in the own juice
some all spice
half a pint of white Rum (bacardi)
Olive Oil
three table spoons of smoked praprika
two table spoons of honey
two table spoons of brown sugar
some mustard seeds
1 tablespoon of chilli powder
a large orange (sliced)

put a lid on it and left it in the fridage for about 20 hours

then i boiled the mixture (with ribs still in) for around 40 minutes and took the ribs out.

i then added
two large sweet red peppers,
5 spring onions
a bottle of beer
and allowed to reduce for half an hour

then used a hand blender and blitzed it all up,

put the ribs back in for another twenty minutes,
took them out and covered them with foil

i then reduced the marinade down into a tastey sauce

dipped the ribs in before BBQ-ing

and had a tastey pork based BBQ sauce that im calling sinister sauce!

Try, enjoy and let me know what you think

edit on 22-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
For me, the sauce sounds good and I will try it in the near future. I love to try new sauces and rubs for my BBQ. I usually do ribs and or pork butt at least once a month and sometimes more.

As for the ribs, I am something of a purists at and believe it is a sacrilege to boil them. I have a barrel smoker with a side fire box that I use now, but I have also had good results using a gas grill and just wrapping my wood chips in foil, leaving them between the grates and the burner.

I have a lot of friends who boil their ribs and swear by it. I just prefer the goodness of the low and slow method of smoking. Check out this site if you want to wow your neighbors and friends with the grill sometime:

Amazing Ribs

I have gotten some great recipes from there and have learned a lot of good techniques.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cdnutz44

Much appreaciated will def have a look through the site

see if i had a smoker i'd def be into that, the boiling just gets some good flavour and it is a ll about the meat slipping off the bone!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

In the end it is all about what you like to eat! Eat well and be merry, all will be good!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
That does sound good but hopefully you are not offended when I replace Coke with Dr. Pepper since I live in Tejas where Dr. Pep was created. Thanks for the recipe.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
That does sound good but hopefully you are not offended when I replace Coke with Dr. Pepper since I live in Tejas where Dr. Pep was created. Thanks for the recipe.

Haha not at all man...

its alll about the sticky sticky carbonated juice!!
cola just seemed to work, but i imagine dr pepper, cheery coke, fanta... or if you got with dark rum and mango instead of the orange you could use Lilt and carribean up your ribs, some extra green bits from salad onions and some habanero's on there... infact... i might need to try that

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

OMG that sounds mmmmmm delicious. nothing like rippin' & tearin' through the spice rack to make ribs that cry 'mama'. i've used most of the ingredients from the first list for years myself (not the rum though) so i have a good idea of the yum.

years ago i heard a Urban Legend about what coca-cola would do to a piece of meat. being a huge fan i gave it the Pepsi Challenge. lies, all lies. makes for an excellent marinade base though. i've turned at least a half-dozen people on to cooking with coca-cola.

i was confused at first but re-read. i like the idea of marinating then cooking it down in the marinade. that is smart smart smart. tossing in the other goods in the secondary list step...genius.

i'm going to bookmark your recipe and sooner or later i'm on it. and thank you for sharing the recipe. cooks that have no fear of running amuck in a kitchen are the best cooks IMHO.

LOL i'm catching on that there are some cooks on ATS that can give the TV show personalities a run for the money. i love Rachael and Giada etcetera but all too often their meals wind up being so darn expensive and difficult to shop for that i gave up on them.

thanks GonzoSinister!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Your more than welcome

new topics

top topics

join