It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your 'Theory of Everything'?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
this link explains what we are trying to explain en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We're an odd accumulation of chemicals put in place by a quirk of time. This string of chemicals is somehow aware, and knows that it can only exist if it has a point of view allowing it to keep recreating its own reality. So it continually reorganizes itself to keep reality "fresh" as it drifts forward and backward in time. There is no purpose. Our individual points of view create reality, but our individual deaths also destroy it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You know, "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

Think we could actually figure it all out if we use Sherlocks' method combined with Deep Thought from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Instead of trying to solve what it is, just solve what it's not, then we have the answer. Would that work?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
remember geometry? a "line" is designated as 2 connected arrows. we are to assume the arrow means the line continues in that direction forever. this is reality.

now remember the designation for a "ray"? O-------> its a dot with a line/arrow extending in only one direction. this is the human scope of understanding...with its fragmenting start point.

For the past few years I've been playing around with geometry in my mind, and trying to put together a geometry that incorporates "us," our point of view, into the equation. Traditional geometry starts with a void and then puts a point in it. But that is already an incorrect representation of reality. In order for there to be a point, we have to put it there. We have to see it. So one point already implies two. The point itself, and us observing it. Then the implied line between the two. From there, you go on with implied distances, multiplication of nested infinities (an infinity of points on the line between the observed point and us, contrasted with the infinity of points NOT in the line), etc. Anyway, it's not long before the infinities start adding up and you're dealing more with "implied" or virtual components of the geometrical system than the things that are "real."

So reality becomes like a pile of sticks in the game "Pick Up Sticks." Intersecting infinite components that only exist in a particular form as a result of the interaction. When you take a stick out of the pile, it all can collapse. But at least it incorporates us. The somebody doing the watching and the manipulating. I'm still working on it as an intellectual exercise. Maybe someday I'll put it on a website.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There is a universal energy that manifests in different ways. You get different patches where this energy sorta clumps and that's where all the forces and dimensions appear. Within these areas yet more localized clumps form and act strangely until you end up with people trying to figure out what its all for...and never realising that they are part of it all and not distinct.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep...

My Questions to you:

If evil is based on intentions, can we know if something is evil without knowing their intentions?

The way I look at it, good is a form of giving sacrifices, and evil is a form of taking sacrifices.
Good moves us backward. And evil moves us forward.
Both lead to your eventual extinction.
It's an on-going game of tug-of-war, and at some point the rope breaks.

The question is, how can we make sacrifices without risk?

If god(s) created the possibly for all that exists in our reality, can god(s) be considered evil without knowing gods' intentions?

If God was alone, and omnipresent, there would be no need for sacrifice.
If there are multiple goes, we run into the good and evil paradigm.

So, with a belief that one God exists, you could probably say, he has no ulterior motives -- nothing to lose, nothing to gain, no competition, not limited by laws of the universe, etc.

Would you consider grief to be evil?

It can go both ways. For example:

Good
You wanted to dedicate your life to teaching people how to talk, and you lost your legs.

Bad
You stole a laptop from a store, and then on your way home you found that it was broken.

What is the purpose of grief?

Acceptance.

If matter has never been known to spontaneously come into our reality, why should any matter be believed to have came into reality by accident?

I don't think it was an accident. Everything has an origin.

If we know things can be explained accurately in multiple ways, why do people only look for and accept one possible formula for truth?

Association.

People look for things things that validate their beliefs. They then take that list and put everything into a sequence whereas the top item(s) associate most with their other beliefs.

E.g.
A guy who trusts the media, will take the media's word on something, over a scientist.
And a guy who trusts more in science, will take a scientist's word on something, over the media.

Why do people accept the social practice that all land and all land based resources can be owned?

Social engineered values

Growing up with capitalism, people are used to 'I buy it. I own it. I control it.'.

Really, it's a disgusting way to look at things. People forget how they are managing to effect the ecosystem, and focus solely on themselves and the advancement of the human species.

If people believe the notion that all land and it's resources are owned, how can anyone be thought to be born free?

No one is born free in the US. You're born, stamped with a number, and are immediately placed within the laws of the system.

The only freedom you have, is the freedom to think. And everyone has this. We're not as special as the system tries to make us believe.

If we know that it is normal behavior for the brain to form a belief, by grouping objects, why is a prejudice towards people considered to be politically incorrect?

The system which you live under wants you to believe following the rules is the right thing to do, whether it goes against your beliefs or not. You're free to think and believe whatever you want, but when you convert those thoughts and beliefs into expressions and actions, they are fall under the laws of the system, and they will be judged accordingly.

"You are free to do as we tell you." makes a little more sense when you look at it in the right light.
www.youtube.com...

Just my view of these things. If I misinterpreted something, let me know.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
these head spinners always lead me to the same conclusion (or dead end...take your pick)

theres always (at least) 2 ways of understanding. but the minute i consider one form i lose grasp of the other. ive come to the conclusion that my scope of understanding is just too narrow to encompass all of what i seek. this in itself should be an clue..

outside looking in you cant understand it.
inside looking out you cant explain it.

macro vs micro

concave vs convex

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectivelife

yes i share this perspective.

your explanation of tunnel vision was what i was trying to say with the line/ray analogy.

some would say that is the fabric of consciousness...im not sure but its definitely a fabric of something.

and when you zoom out enough, it definitely reminds me of the body
..uh oh...here it comes

the CIIIRRCCCLLLEEE OF LIIIIFFFEE

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

outside looking in you cant understand it.
inside looking out you cant explain it.

I guess we'll need to break in then.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

wonderful explanation. new considerations

however if i subscribe to that notion, i dont believe it is our perception of love that is flawed but our understanding of it. for instance, before your post i had no knowledge that love is the engine driving intelligent energy. i gather from this idea that creation is the ultimate act of love, thus the energy behind the drive.

the reason i say my perspective of time is the flaw, is because prior to that knowledge i took the approach that i had to discover something that has not yet manifested into my reality. this forward approach is futile if what im looking for i already know (or think i know)

its a subtle difference but significant nonetheless.

time can lead you to believe you have not found the correct answer. when in reality your just asking the wrong question.

perception is defined by our understanding...which is subjective like the other guy said.

but i think what your saying is that love is so fundamentally objective, that we dont even understand it (in the way that we should)

i may be way off, but great post anyway.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

In reality we all pale in comparison to Chuck Norris!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

You should... Please pay close attention to the quote in my signature file as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

You should... Please pay close attention to the quote in my signature file as well.

Which kind of explains the rut we're all in.

We're just too lazy to understand things, so we just go along with other people's interpretations.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

Originally posted by Americanist

Which kind of explains the rut we're all in.

We're just too lazy to understand things, so we just go along with other people's interpretations.

There's a difference between laziness and being misguided during efforts to make a living or blow off some steam. It would be correct to invite your interpretation and expand on it. Connections beget outgrowth. I might not be able to relate to your family as well as you and vice versa. Eventually with enough momentum the diversions are no longer a match to perception.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Life is just filled with questions...

I often find myself trying to understand 'everything', it is fun, but it drives me to the edge of insanity, as I can't really find answers to endless questions that I have. Many people don't ask questions anymore, and just think they have 'everything' figured out, and no longer need to more ask questions. However, I think that there is much more that we should be asking. Furthermore, I think that eventually, all of these questions will eventually lead us to one answer. Or, we'll eventually ask a question that is the key to everything....

*snip for brevity*

'...Theory of everything'?

Actually, because I've been seeing into the racial unconscious, I have a lot of answers to things. If humanity (or any of the aliens who died and got sucked into human bodies) knew the answer, it's there in the racial unconscious.

What is the root of all energy?
-Energy.
What is the root of life?
-Energy guided with some aforethought by the overarching sentience of the universe, albeit from a pretty good distance.
When life came about, was it supposed to serve a purpose?
-Yes. It was all meant to cumulate with us humans, because once we make full enlightenment (and we'll be the only species who can) we'll be able to follow the overarching sentience of the universe's plan of creating the next new universe via a 'big bang' like the one that started existence here. Even universes are driven to procreate, it seems. *lol*
Does the human race have a purpose?
-See above.
Is everything aware?
-Aware, probably, sentient, no.
What gives us the ability to ask questions?
-Ah, we can talk/think?? *lol* Really the question might be WHY do we ask so many questions. I see it was because the greys took away our ability to see into the psychic/spirit realm and remember past lives.
Are we the only ones?
-To be without the ability to see into the psychic/spirit realm and remember past lives? Yah, we're pretty much the only ones. But we aren't the only species. There are a LOT of aliens species out there who have been here on earth at some point or another.
Who asks questions?
-Human nature tends to make most people ask questions. We just don't know stuff that we have a sense we should know.
Why do we ask questions?
-See above.
Why do we evolve?
-The spirit is answering the call of the overarching sentience of the universe and of humanity's overarching sentience too.
In belief that a God exists, does God evolve?
-The 'god' of the bible doesn't exist.
Will people evolve in heaven?
-There is no heaven or hell. Only reincarnation.
Are we all capable of eventually being Gods?
-Essentially, once we make full enlightenment, we could be considered that but it just is really a more advanced state of being.
What is evolution?
-Life progressing although much of what humanity is and plants and animals on this world are, is because the greys dinked around with us and them.
Does evolution eventually come to a stop?
-Nah, little things are always changing.
Is there a Holy Grail in evolution?
-Well, probably that would be making full enlightenment.
Is computing the Holy Grail?
-Nope. Although it is a wonder to most of the aliens. They do stuff with pure raw energy and never needed to build high technology like we have.
Does time eventually come to a stop?
-Not really, but it does start thinning out farther into the future as more of us become enlightened, because time is a physical state, not a spirit state.
Are we a computer program?
-No.
Are we just an idea, of some supreme being?
-Well, the overarching sentience very much intended that a species like us existed. But it was kinda vague until recently (universal wise that is) as to what we would actually turn out like.
Is there more to all of this than meets the eye?
-The eye is limited in what it can see. The spirit realm is out of sight for our eyes currently, for example, but it is there to be seen if our senses weren't so blocked.
We can manipulate, but can we actually create?
-Oh heck yah. We are some of the most creative (which also makes us some of the most dangerous) beings anywhere around. Because we are so limited with our ability to work with raw energy, we've gotten very creative with making things that can do for us what the aliens do with raw energy. But it builds a basis for much more powerful things that anyone can use, versus just the individual alien using his or her own power.
What will happen to energy once it is all used up?
-Energy never dies; it only changes form.
Are we trying to solve for X, and X doesn't exist?
-Well, we are being misled by TPTB who's intention has always been to control and enslave us, so they've purposely misled us on a lot of stuff, especially about spiritual matters. So many of the religions of the world have you solving for X, when X has little to nothing to do with things that are important.
Is this all a test? If so, wouldn't that mean an answer exists?
-The answer is when we make full enlightenment, and yah, this is a test and a training program that uses live fire. It makes us learn a LOT faster than we might, otherwise.
Will death give us the answer?
-It gives you a lot more clarity about spiritual stuff, for sure, but sadly it gets forgotten when you reincarnate, other than a sense of 'knowingness' about some stuff.. like if you died in a fire in your past life, chances are you are not going to want to hang around fire in the new life.

Is death the answer?
-No, it's just part of the process.
Does it all actually matter in the end?
-Sure it matters. It's going to take some growing on the part of most people to be able to make the shift into our spirit/light bodies, and that is the goal. If you just sit around, it's definitely going to take you a while longer.

That's the answers I get for your questions.

edit on 23-8-2011 by DragonriderGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is purely my take on things. And it has definitely been echoed by many great thinkers throughout the ages (not saying I count myself amongst them) and has already been touched upon in this thread. I’ve just put my own spin on it all and seriously cut it down for this post…..

The meaning of life according to me is experience. In the beginning a there was nothing but an awareness. It was the infinitely everything and nothing all at once. But how can one know one's self if nothing else exists, if you are everything and nothing all at once? In order to experience everything inside one needs to understand everything on the outside. But one cannot do that if one is everything, for there is no outside, at least not yet.

So this awareness began to divide itself into smaller separate parts (aka the Big Bang). Firstly quantum particles to understand what it is to just be. More complex forms arose - atoms, electrons, molecules, matter. And now we have an understanding of movement and energy. Eventually simple life arose, and now we understand stimuli and response. Animals - basal emotions such as fear, lust, hunger, contentment. And finally higher life forms such as humans and all the complexities that go along with them.

Now as everything is still one and the same, essentially nothing but energy condensed, there is an attraction to everything else. And this attraction is what many call love. This is all love really is, nothing more nothing less. But this attraction, this love, is what eventually will lead us back to the source. When each separate soul has finally experienced its little part of the puzzle it will follow the path of love, its own in built attraction to everything else, back to the source, and the veil will be lifted. And once again everything will become one again. And then it will all begin again….

1. What is the root of all energy?
It has always existed, but it merely changes form

2. What is the root of life?
The Source trying to know itself

3. When life came about, was it supposed to serve a purpose?
As in 3

4. Does the human race have a purpose?
To know itself as human, and everything that entails

5. Is everything aware?
Depends on your definition of ‘aware’ I like to think everything is sentient to some extent

6. What gives us the ability to ask questions?
Our brain

7. Are we the only ones?
I doubt it. There is an entire universe out there to experience. And even when we become more techinically advanced that we can travel through it, experiencing the universe as a human is still a fairly narrow field when looking at all the possible experiences that can be had.

8. Why do we ask questions?
To get the answers. To know.

9. Why do we evolve?
Evolution is a cool way for life change, and gain new experiences/learnings. It is also necessary for life to survive on this ever changing planet we call Earth
10. In belief that a God exists, does God evolve?
He evolved into to you didn’t he

11. Will people evolve in heaven? I’m not sure what your definition of heaven is, but I do think there are higher realities that we are yet to experience that are not tied to the physical world. Eventually every soul, every bit of energy will come together again through the attraction that is love. I guess this would be the ultimate heaven.

12. Are we all capable of eventually being Gods?
We are already

13 What is evolution?
See Darwin’s ‘Origin of Species’. Or your high school biology text

14. Does evolution eventually come to a stop?
I doubt it will while we still inhabit the material world. Unless we do it artificially of course.

15. Is there a Holy Grail in evolution?
No. Evolution’s only goal is change.

16. Is computing the Holy Grail?
For humans? To eventually do away with all the crappy jobs so humans can become free to pursue their hearts. And to work out all those nasty sums necessary to understanding the universe. I guess their probably quite a few if you change the word ‘computing’ to ‘technology’

17. Does time eventually come to a stop?
Time is relative to the observer. But the perception of time started with the big bang, and will probably stop once there are no beings left on the material plane to observe its passing

18. Are we a computer program?
Not exactly sure what you mean here

19. Are we just an idea, of some supreme being?
We are the ideas and being all at once

20. Is there more to all of this than meets the eye?
Our senses are merely tools, and as such they have there limitations.

21. We can manipulate, but can we actually create?
I have to kids…… but you can create anything you put your mind to, if you have the right frame of mind that is.

22. What will happen to energy once it is all used up?
Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it merely changes forms

23. Are we trying to solve for X, and X doesn't exist?
I think most people in this world aren’t even trying to solve for X

24. Is this all a test? If so, wouldn't that mean an answer exists?
No

25. Will death give us the answer?
Probably, but then you will be born again

26. Is death the answer?
No

27. Does it all actually matter in the end?
Does it matter to you?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
my theory of everything is that i know i don't know much of anything..." i dreamed i was a butterfly,or was i a butterfly dreaming of me"...
edit on 23-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by smithjustinb

wonderful explanation. new considerations

however if i subscribe to that notion, i dont believe it is our perception of love that is flawed but our understanding of it. for instance, before your post i had no knowledge that love is the engine driving intelligent energy. i gather from this idea that creation is the ultimate act of love, thus the energy behind the drive.

the reason i say my perspective of time is the flaw, is because prior to that knowledge i took the approach that i had to discover something that has not yet manifested into my reality. this forward approach is futile if what im looking for i already know (or think i know)

its a subtle difference but significant nonetheless.

time can lead you to believe you have not found the correct answer. when in reality your just asking the wrong question.

perception is defined by our understanding...which is subjective like the other guy said.

but i think what your saying is that love is so fundamentally objective, that we dont even understand it (in the way that we should)

i may be way off, but great post anyway.

I get what you're saying and I agree. Your beliefs shape how you perceive reality.

The fact that love/joy, if I am correct, is the driving mechanism for creation means that the progression of time itself is love/joy. No wonder you feel like you are doing something right when you are 'living in the moment'. To be aware of the moment is to be aware of the driving force of creation, the life force energy, which is joy.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
the best way to start thinking of a theory of everything, is to do what i think hardly anyone does...go outside on a clear night and look up...its the most awesome thing anyone will ever see...the endless void of ancient light...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Life is just filled with questions...

What is your 'Theory of Everything'?

All metaphysical questions are in the form of dilemma.

www.beezone.com...
For one who doesn't understand,

Who is already unconscious,

Already bound to the principle

Of ordinary life,

Everything appears as a dilemma,

Everything implies a dilemma.

Everything!

He looks at the sky-dilemma!

Life is a dilemma.

It begins to seem

That even this simple experience,

Just sitting here,

Has become a question!

It is as if the sky were a question!

But in itself it is not a question.

There is no question.

"you" are the question!

Your state is the quality of dilemma,

Of dis-ease.

Your state is your question.

www.beezone.com...
HAVE I SAID IT?

4. No dilemma: there is no dilemma.

There is no dilemma.

There is only the sensation,

The appearance,

The assumption of dilemma.

We are never at any moment

In the dilemma we fear

Ourselves to be.

There is no separation,

No radical dilemma.

There is no dilemma.

There is nothing

About the present

That is not truth.

All of this is not

A dilemma

From the beginning.

It is simply reality.

It couldn't be more obvious.

There is no dilemma.

There is one reality,

Without differentiation.

It is full,

It is blissful,

There is no danger,

And there is no curse.

There is no prior guilt,

No praise, no blame.

There is only enjoyment.

Truly.

There isn't this crazy asylum.

There is only enjoyment.

Everything is a form of bliss.

Consciousness is just a ride.

There is no dilemma.

There is no real contraction.

There is only the enjoyment

That is truth,

What is always already the case.

There is no dilemma.

There is no one superior

To the other,

No problem,

No jealousy,

No distinction.

There is only enjoyment.

Reality is no-seeking,

No dilemma,

Real knowledge,

Real meditation

And real consciousness.

Real existence

Is apart from

Every kind of seeking.

It is from the beginning

Radically free

Of any goal

Of liberation or salvation.

It is unqualifiedly free,

Present, active,

Creative and alive.

There is no dilemma

And no search.

There is enjoyment

And the creative play of existence

In perfect, unqualified certainty.

When thee is no seeking, no contradiction,

There is only unqualified knowledge and power.

That is reality.

Reality is fullness,

No dilemma,

Silence and brightness

Or creative force.

It is always there.

This is the greatness of truth,

Of understanding,

For it disarms all fear,

All circumstance,

All dilemma.

It is always already the case.

Grace is eternally generated.

There is only God.

And there is no complication,

There is no limitation,

There's no suffering,

There's no destiny

Even in the midst of limitations,

Destinies, worlds,

Appearances,

Births and deaths.

Everything is moving together

As a single design

With a single intent.

Nothing happens to you

That is not appropriate.

All events serve truth.

From the beginning,

Presently,

Not merely at the end,

Life is already founded

In the form of reality.

Life or the world

Is being manifested

In this moment.

It was not manifested

Billions upon billions

Of years ago.

It is manifested at this moment,

Instantly,

And may be known as such.

Reality is not properly

The goal of striving.

It is the very source,

Foundation and motivation

Of real creative life.

Bliss,

Which is conscious reality,

Is the ground

Of all creativity,

Transformation

And evolution.

A man's perfect food is truth.

This is literally so.

Truth is not just a concept.

Truth is the living force

Of reality.

It is intensity.

Truth is love.

Reality is love.

This is love.

We are,

At any moment,

Always and already free.

We are always already "there."

This is it.

There is no dilemma.

There is only reality,

Presently.

It is not somewhere else.

It is not hidden within us,

Nor behind the world.

It is only obvious.

There is no higher world

That is the special and exclusive

Communication of truth.

All worlds communicate truth

In exactly the same way,

So there is no special advantage

In any world beyond here.

There is no radical difference

Between the higher

And lower worlds.

There is no radical advantage

In any kind of experience.

In fact there is no such a world

Of separation.

It is unreal.

No one has ever literally experienced

Such a world.

Experience is void.

It is without form,

Without qualification,

Without limitation

Or center.

No one

Actually perceives

The conditions

Wherein any thing

Or any one

Becomes known

As an entity.

In fact, the only

Experience is one of

Absolute infinity.

It is the one experience.

That is the only thing

Anyone has ever known.

We never actually know

Ourselves to be separate.

We never go through a process

Of actually knowing that.

There is nothing else

That is ever experienced

Or known

But this one enjoyment of reality,

By reality,

Which is reality.

All experience

Is of that same nature.

It is all a subtle design,

A spontaneous,

Paradoxical process.

All experience

Is meditation,

It is the process of reality,

Its form, its contemplation.

When this understanding arises,

Meditation becomes endless,

And every kind of experience

Becomes blissful,

Conscious, and free.

TABLE OF CONTENTS - HAVE I SAID IT?

edit on 23-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join