It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your 'Theory of Everything'?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Stars emit energy.

That energy converts matter over time into more complex atoms. Things develop that use the stars energy. We ended up killing ourselves with the energy around us.

We are not an intelligent life form. Greed/Consumer economics....just a virus devouring the host.

The host was Earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The bottom line for everything that exists is the primordial imperative that we call survival. What makes that simple axiom seem insufficient as a direct cause for all that happens is the fact of the proxy nature of Identity and its role as a survival expression for that which is inherently temporary. All that exists as dynamic and either reactive or initiative adds to its own, connecting its own proxy survival to the next emergence by direct existential association, even as it competes for space and general primacy with all dissimilar wholes. Basically promoting and defending its own identified kind in lieu of its own inevitable decline and elimination. Basic proxy survival via shared Identity. When dealing with human beings, Identity is generally the most significant driver once the individual has crossed the puberty divide and begun the terrible business of becoming fully human.

A good example of Identity and its application as a survival expression is the man who "has everything" and how many such men donate millions to (let's say) their Alma Mater in exchange for a building named after them - Andrews Hall, for instance. Aside from the man's own biological progeny, (another form of Identity survival) this building will live on and represent him - maintaining his presence (by identified proxy) - within a physical environment that clearly meant a lot to him and to his actual span of corporeal existence. Did he donate that money to that university with the intention of improving that university? Sure. However, when the building was completed, would he have been irked if they'd misspelled Andrews or neglected to place the small metal plaque noting his full name as the benefactor? Absolutely. Part of his donation was aimed at preserving what he'd chosen to identify himself with (that specific university) and the rest of that donation was aimed at preserving his individual presence within that specific location, and within the physical realm itself, long past the limit of his own relatively predictable survival.

It's not hard to project this drive for proxy Identity survival onto whatever you see the human race initiating. The rest of physical existence hides it a lot better, but each instant of corporeal existence pushes the next instant forward in representative association (shared holon Identity) as partners in the next larger level of whatever organized event trajectory it is that contains both. Factor this simple notion all the way to its logical conclusion, and this fully explains literally the nature of everything that exists. Including whatever you think God might be and whatever it is that might fulfill that requirement could plausibly need from the human race.

Beyond survival, its all just version of the same. Rinse, repeat.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Life is just filled with questions...

I often find myself trying to understand 'everything', it is fun, but it drives me to the edge of insanity, as I can't really find answers to endless questions that I have. Many people don't ask questions anymore, and just think they have 'everything' figured out, and no longer need to more ask questions. However, I think that there is much more that we should be asking. Furthermore, I think that eventually, all of these questions will eventually lead us to one answer. Or, we'll eventually ask a question that is the key to everything.

These are just some random questions that always come to me when I'm going on adventures throughout my imagination, I'm sure some of you may have had similar thoughts:

These are some good questions, I will attempt to answer as many as I can, as per my understanding.

What is the root of all energy?

There is no root to energy. If there is, then I suspect it is a realm of formless infinity.

What is the root of life?

It is not energy as we have been taught. It is INTELLIGENT ENERGY

When life came about, was it supposed to serve a purpose?

"Life'' is intelligent energy. Energy is the ability for a body to do work. Intelligent energy's work/purpose is to learn, observe, and work.

Does the human race have a purpose?

The ultimate purpose, by the nature of our being is to observe, learn, and work progressively.

Is everything aware?

In some sense of the word. Everything has the ability to shape into higher and higher degrees of intelligent complexity, so if you can call that awareness, then yes.

What gives us the ability to ask questions?

We are intelligent energy. By our nature, this kind of activity is inevitable, but it is not available until the intelligent energy has organized itself into more complex intelligent forms.

Are we the only ones?

The only one what? Do you mean is there other sentient intelligence 'out there'? There is.

Why do we ask questions?

To learn.

Why do we evolve?

I suspect that evolution happens when a type of entity has fulfilled their intelligent capacity and needs to grow in complexity and form to be able to adapt to the increasing amount and complexity of information.

In belief that a God exists, does God evolve?

God is love. Intelligent energy evolves in the way that it experiences love. The original excitation of intelligent energy to put it to work was love which is synonymous with joy. While the beginning stage of intelligent energy was excited by joy, that doesn't neccessarily mean that it felt happy as you know happiness today.

Will people evolve in heaven?

When intelligent energy evolves, it experiences God (love/joy) in a more pure way.

Are we all capable of eventually being Gods?

We are already Gods. Will we become love? Idk. I do know that as we evolve, we will experience it more and more the way it is. Our discernment of it will become truer.

What is evolution?

The increasing in complexity of intelligent energy, and the increase of accurate discernment of love/joy.

Does evolution eventually come to a stop?

If it does, I speculate that it would be because it has became love.

Does time eventually come to a stop?

No. Time is infinite. This is prevalent in the idea that anything that is infinite that you experience can only be experienced in the center of that infinity. Thus, you only experience the 'now' moment and not the past or the future. While you can think of the past or future, this is only a thought in the 'now' moment, and not the actual time experience itself.

Are we a computer program?

Sort of.

Are we just an idea, of some supreme being?

We are intelligent energy excited into action by joy.

Is there more to all of this than meets the eye?

When the complexity of an entity's intelligent discernment increases, it is because it is neccessary to interpret the unknown. So I would say there is more to this than meets the brain.

We can manipulate, but can we actually create?

Energy is neither created or destroyed.

What will happen to energy once it is all used up?

Energy is neither created or destroyed.

Are we trying to solve for X, and X doesn't exist?

No, but X is probably infinite.

Is this all a test? If so, wouldn't that mean an answer exists?

This is the progression of intelligent energy, evolving into ever increasing degrees of complex forms to discern information that is already available. More like a classroom.

Does it all actually matter in the end?

There is no end.

So, I'm curious to see what you think...

What are some of your questions? What are some of your answers?

What is your 'Theory of Everything'?

We are intelligent energy. Our purpose is to observe, learn, work and grow towards intelligent infinity.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
The bottom line for everything that exists is the primordial imperative that we call survival.

I think I can take it a step further. Survival, and the associated brain configuration, is important, and a lot of actions are based off of this one component, but it is not the bottom line. More generally speaking than survival, it is the effort of intelligent energy to be self-perpetuating. So the bottom line for everything which is the purpose for all of the universe is learning. In order for this action to be effective, the survival effort is introduced as an efficient means for the perpetuation of the learning process of the intelligent energy that the universe is.
edit on 22-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
theorizing is useless until we learn to perceive correctly.

our current perception is flawed, this is why we have to "theorize everyting".

if our perception was correct, our understanding would be complete.

but because our perception is flawed from the start, the entire learning process is then skewed.

if i had to guess, id say the flaw in our perception is time. time probably does not exist anywhere but in the minds of man. our whole thought process and learning process is centered around a past/present/future tense. this segmentation of context probably led to the idea of fragmenting existence into a seemingly never ending stream of moments(seconds/minutes/etc) or visa versa. this logic is no more difficult to accept than our current perception of "time" because as it stands we attempt to measure the immeasurable, and are satisfied because the clock just keeps ticking with no end in site. we are content living in a reality that simply doesnt exist or is at least created in our minds.

we probably perceive in this nature because all of our existences have a start point,when reality in some manner simply just "exists". we can never perceive what it is to simply "exist" unless we are omnipotent.

the fallacy is that we are experiencing a mortal life, in an immortal existence.

remember geometry? a "line" is designated as 2 connected arrows. we are to assume the arrow means the line continues in that direction forever. this is reality.

now remember the designation for a "ray"? O-------> its a dot with a line/arrow extending in only one direction. this is the human scope of understanding...with its fragmenting start point.

conclusion: my theory is that we cannot understand reality until we can perceive it correctly. i wouldnt even know how to begin re-learning everything.....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
this is my theory of everything >>> www.abovetopsecret.com...]
edit on 22-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

This can never be known.

Of our reality? Possibly a god but we can never truly know.
Of all life? This can never be known.

All life of our reality? Possibly entertainment for a god.
Why must we live life? To learn responsibility and to understand the answer to the test - the judgement of a god.

Entertainment of god(s).

Is everything aware?
No.

The brain.

Are we the only ones?
Only ones in what context?

Why do we ask questions?
To seek answers.

Why do we evolve?
To sustain life.

Only in knowledge and or understanding.

Only in knowledge and or understanding.

No!

What is evolution?
A biological reformation of matter in order to sustain life.

In our reality? If all energy or life, in our reality, is used or removed, evolution would stop.

Is there a Holy Grail in evolution?
Depends on what you refer to as a Holy Grail.

Is computing the Holy Grail?
Depends what on you refer to as a Holy Grail.

Irrelevant

Are we a computer program?
We exist in a reality that can be loosely explained as a program.

Are we just an idea, of some supreme being?
An idea and conception of said idea.

Is there more to all of this than meets the eye?
Are there things we don't understand? Of course.

We can manipulate, but can we actually create?
If by create you mean bring new matter into our reality, I doubt it. Higgs boson seems idiotic.

What will happen to energy once it is all used up?
Energy in our reality? Death of our reality.

Are we trying to solve for X, and X doesn't exist?
Define X.

Is this all a test? If so, wouldn't that mean an answer exists?
The test has already been answered. This is only a means to understand the answer.

Will death give us the answer?
The answer to what? The test? Yes.

Is death the answer?
No.

Yes.

My Questions to you:

If evil is based on intentions, can we know if something is evil without knowing their intentions?

If god(s) created the possibly for all that exists in our reality, can god(s) be considered evil without knowing gods' intentions?

Would you consider grief to be evil?

What is the purpose of grief?

If matter has never been known to spontaneously come into our reality, why should any matter be believed to have came into reality by accident?

If we know things can be explained accurately in multiple ways, why do people only look for and accept one possible formula for truth?

Why do people accept the social practice that all land and all land based resources can be owned?

If people believe the notion that all land and it's resources are owned, how can anyone be thought to be born free?

If we know that it is normal behavior for the brain to form a belief, by grouping objects, why is a prejudice towards people considered to be politically incorrect?

That's all for now. Nice thread.

Edit to add:
Basics of my theory of everything.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Bleeeeep because: added link to my theory

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is the theory of everyhting...if schizophrenics exists and they can be convincing in being a whole other person(s). Certainly if GOD choses to divided himsel into three different character, he would be master of the perception or expression of different realiies, with each personality completey independent of each other. But why limit GOD to three personalities, what if...and this is where i blow your minds,...what if he has divided himself into billions, trillions of different personalties and realities, each completely unaware of the other, in a never ending cycle of life and death...and they are you and I.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
We are a perpetual consciousness manifested by a formless entity to exist in the flesh to experience through our trials and tribulations, LIFE

We are a bi pedal battery operated biological life support system for our genitals programed to replicate in quest for "WHY I", to entertain our creator

no seriously

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
if you talk to god its called praying, if god talks to you its called schizophrenia...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by toktaylor
This is the theory of everyhting...if schizophrenics exists and they can be convincing in being a whole other person(s). Certainly if GOD choses to divided himsel into three different character, he would be master of the perception or expression of different realiies, with each personality completey independent of each other. But why limit GOD to three personalities, what if...and this is where i blow your minds,...what if he has divided himself into billions, trillions of different personalties and realities, each completely unaware of the other, in a never ending cycle of life and death...and they are you and I.
i'll blow your mind even further...the universe is gods body

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My theory of everything is simple. Everything on this planet, rather you believe in God or evolution is a awesomeness on a scale so overpowering it cannot be defined nor figured out. I don't think all the questions people think they will find the answers to one day will happen, it is soo grand, life, it is beyond our abilities to answer, only speculate and beleive.

It's a win win, even though there is no clear answer, what is clear is we get to be HERE in our current form and it is that small fact that makes not knowing the answers alright to not have.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've got three answer's for you. I would listen to Tesla's because the other two are basically metaphysical ramblings born of insomnia and bad-times...

First :
"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration." Nikola Tesla

Second :
In the beginnning there was a musical referance.
over time that referance faded into obscurity.
The wreckage that ensued spewed forth truth and creativity in its wake.
The wake tumbled and rolled attempting to fill the void, when through the awesome power of osmosis it found awareness as it infused reality with its filth.

The filth, which was formed of the creative garbage that was composed of truth and creativity, filled the void which followed a reseding of the musical referance and was finally rendered powerless in its obscurity as osmosis robbed it of its potency.

Once again the beginning of the end is simply the end of the beginning routing us back to a repetative cycle of endless supposition.

Third :

“42”
Its about making people feel.
Its about therapy.
Its about listening.
Its about talking.
Its about truth and freedom, and beauty, and love,
and hate, and rage, and want, and need,
and hope, and dreams, and disappointment,
and emptiness, and desire, and determination,
and power and weakness.
Its about more than everything and less than nothing all wrapped up in a tidy little package with pretty paper
and a huge bow.
Its about placing that package on a table in the simple hope that someone somewhere will trudge along
with a sledge-o-matic
and release all the built up tension
in a hundred different directions
infecting everyone and
everything within
range.
It’s about life.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
nice post lurker....when you say our perception is flawed...i think it is the same thing im thinking when i say our perception is subjective, each of us are born and inhabit a unique time and physical location in the space....therefore we dont have an objective view of the world, we have a sort of tunnel vision of space and time, we experience only a piece of it, it is because we only experience this piece that we form an individual consciousness and are able to create a relationship between us as observers and the rest of the world, this is literally why we can sit here and talk to each other, if the tunnel vision you had encompassed the entire earth, you would be a large scale consciousness, that would not be aware of what was going on in you, similar to the way we dont know whats going on inside our bodies, it took science to inform us, but from a conscious perspective we have no interaction with the things inside us and didnt even realize for quite a while that theres an entire world inside us............ I truly believe we are the same thing, we are each given a similar "machine", a brain and a body to interact with the world.....think about the robots that we constructed to do physical work on our world, the construction of their bodies came first, now we are working on creating computers that can learn (ibm with their new chips that will attempt to mimic the human brain).......the computers that we construct function on the same principles of electricity and other things....anyone who has studied the human body will tell you how mechanical it really seems, the principles that are at play in the body and brain, are part of this world, not a special thing in itself, as a quick example, the decay of electrical signals can be calculated for your bodies nerves using the same exact formula as the one for your houses electrical wiring.....doesnt it seem like we could be constructed workers for someone/something....the brains are our adapative tools that make us function on our own, and the body is the workhorse which is used to do work on the world, work from a physics standpoint.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that is a recent thread i just put up, i try to explain my opinion of why we have consciousness, and the strange fact that we are tied into these damn bodies, anyone interested please give it a read and tell me what you think, open to any critiques...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by toktaylor

tok taylor, my theory leads me to believe we are all one thing that divided itself as well, either that or we are made by something to function as the ultimate self aware and conscious workers...... check out my thread that i put in the above post.......i think we are the most efficient way to explore and fill the world with consciousness.....that is what we do....we are all like film projectors, we are of the same physical substance, but the film placed in us during our "on cycle", when we get turned on and create a movie that we watch(dont know how to phrase that better), the data/film varies, because we cant possibly each take the same film in, this causes a unique picture of the world to be placed in front of you, this is what enables all of us to feel like viewers of a movie sitting there observing, its a weird thing to understand, because to start we are n

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by toktaylor

tok taylor, my theory leads me to believe we are all one thing that divided itself as well, either that or we are made by something to function as the ultimate self aware and conscious workers...... check out my thread that i put in the above post.......i think we are the most efficient way to explore and fill the world with consciousness.....that is what we do....we are all like film projectors, we are of the same physical substance, but the film placed in us during our "on cycle", when we get turned on and create a movie that we watch(dont know how to phrase that better), the data/film varies, because we cant possibly each take the same film in, this causes a unique picture of the world to be placed in front of you, this is what enables all of us to feel like viewers of a movie sitting there observing, its a weird thing to understand, because to start we are not there observing, then the projector gets turned on and we start to see a movie on the screen, it is only then that we become aware that we are watching, we are lucky to get a chance to observe.....

i know its a strange analogy and i will try to perfect it, but if you have time just check out the thread i linked........
edit on 22-8-2011 by subjectivelife because: (no reason given)

and taylor like i said, i totally agree with what you said, but the word god could have any meaning, and as far as we know...it does......im just thinking, if we ever do make an artificial intelligence and send it somewhere where we are not, and dont tell it about us, wont they be just like a human being? attempt to create order, explanations, question why they are sentient.?

honestly i just think that we are the products of an ordered system, if the goal was to create life that just "was" also in existence, why would we be given a decaying body, couldnt we be a gaseous form or something,
we cant sit here and deny our physical existence and say we are just spirits, yes i do think we are spiritual being, but it can be a derivative of our physical state, it doesnt make us any less spiritual, we are bodies that can effect the world, that is why we have quick electrical impulses and chemical/ionic gradients in our bodies, so we can move upon this reality, not just receive info and think about it.....and dont forget one of our most primitive drives is to procreate, to have sex, to make more little conscious things, to fill the universe up, its genius, self replicating employees of the universe, whats better than that? an employee that is its own brain, therefor it makes it own decisions, it has its own camera to look out at the world so you dont have to be in the physical location that it is, and all they want to do is to create more......? this paragraph i just wrote, is the first time i have expressed this notion, and its creeping me out, im just conjecturing here, and i do hope iam wrong....lol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

if i had to guess, id say the flaw in our perception is time. time probably does not exist anywhere but in the minds of man. our whole thought process and learning process is centered around a past/present/future tense. this segmentation of context probably led to the idea of fragmenting existence into a seemingly never ending stream of moments(seconds/minutes/etc) or visa versa. this logic is no more difficult to accept than our current perception of "time" because as it stands we attempt to measure the immeasurable, and are satisfied because the clock just keeps ticking with no end in site. we are content living in a reality that simply doesnt exist or is at least created in our minds.

We are intelligent energy. When intelligent energy becomes excited into action to initiate a kinetic, this excitation is joy which is synonymous with love.

Now that doesn't necessarily mean that this love is experienced as happiness as you understand the term love. Love (Joy) in this context is specifically defined as what excites intelligent energy into action and/or the excitation of intelligent energy. So love is ever-present. It is the way you experience it that changes.

For example, at the big bang, the intelligent potential energy became excited by love. This form of intelligent energy had not developed in any such way as to be able to experience this love (joy) in the way that you experience/know it today. It is by the evolving complexity of your intelligent capacity that you experience love in an ever-increasing purer way.

What I'm saying is, love is all around you and because your intelligent capacity for discerning this 'life force energy' is not acquainted with love in a way to be able to discern it as it is, you only experience and know it as an emotion. The feeling of this emotion is nothing more than your intelligent resonance with this phenomena. When you stop feeling it, it has not left, it is just no longer being observed.

The way that this is relevant is by understanding that it is love that is pulling you towards intelligent infinity. So its not that our perception of time is flawed, it is our perception of love.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

The root of all energy is the infinite. Our universe is a compressed energy mass of the infinite.

Pressure, expansion, Chemical changes and Circulation.

Life is supposed to serve a purpose, and it was always meant to be from the beginning. The foundation for all life was formed when existence appeared from nothingness. Our universe is like a growing seed.

The human race has a purpose to wonder about all these questions, to enjoy and explore the scenery.

Is everything aware?

In its own way everything is aware.

Our I am aware function gives us the curiosity to ask questions.

Are we the only ones?

Yes, we are the only ones.
Earth is but a small dot within the large dots of our existing universes. But earth is perfectly tuned to its surroundings. We are tuned to earth with our shape and size. To find some one with the same attributes as we have is unlikely to ever happen.

Why do we evolve?

We are not evolving. We haven't changed, we have only changed our surroundings and made use of it.

God (the infinite) evolved/changed when he created existence "Our finite universe". But our finite existence will become what it used to be at a point in time. But the experiance of creating existence will always be there like a memory. Our existence will be a memory because our existence will pass.

There is no heaven where we will ever know that we preexisted as human beings.

Our awareness is not even our own. We are from one awareness who experiences existence from many different bodies.

What is evolution?

Changes that take place in stages as our universe expands and changes.

Yes, When our universe has expanded back to what it used to be.

Yes, time will stop when finite expansion stops.

No, there is nothing we can do about the outcome of time. It will happen if we like it or not.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
"there are more things in heaven and earth horatio,than are dreamnt of in your philosophy"...nothing is as it appears...all is illusion...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think the first approach to the theory of everything is to realize that we're in a physical realm and in the physical realm, the shape(s) of things is what matters most. Shape(s) determine what types of energies can occur in a particular form in my humble opinion. In my theory of everything life as we know it is potential energy, which can take any form, but once that energy becomes physical, it has to take a certain shape. Once it takes that shape, it becomes kinetic energy, and the form is confined to the energy(ies) which are bound to its particular shape. So, there you have it. My theory of everything. Now, of course, there is much more to it than just the shape of things but this is how it starts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join