It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch People Get Arrested For Selling Lemonade

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well apparently they weren't selling bacon which is what most of Washington DC is used to so of course they had to be shut down. That being said, uhmmmm lemon-aid and corn dogs.....homer drools......

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by mnemeth1

I saw Adam Kokesh in the background

Why are cops making six figures? The cop does have a point about "your squabble is with the law makers." It really is, however, the police need to stop enforcing stupid laws that create resentment towards officers. An offense such as that should have carried no more then a small fine for operating without a permit. Jail should never have been an option.

With cameras and sensors tacked to almost every inch of the police transport vehicles it prevents them from being able to make these decisions. They have to enforce the law, regardless, otherwise they can be suspended or fired.
edit on 22-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

I watched up to the point where an officer said you need a vendor permit to sell anything. This was followed by something to the effect of give it away instead. This crew was begging for confrontation knowing full well they hadn't applied for a permit and being informed for several minutes (depending on film editing) to acquire one. End of our common sense discussion...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I understand the dilemma of choosing to be disciplined or ensuring Americans are free. It is a shame that people have to chose between providing a decent life for their family and being tools used by others for their own will. Still these officers had discretion in not arresting these people, they chose to arrest them when they did not stop selling lemonade.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Yeah, I watched this video earlier.

One cop told a little girl not to pay for the lemonade.WTF?

Yes, I understand there was no permit, no license to sell lemonade on public property, I understand some people believe there's got to be controls...........

This protest was inspired by little kids getting their lemonade stands shut down by overly intrusive regulations.

Now kids can't set up stands and try to make a few bucks, doing what little kids have done for decades!

And a few weekends ago, there was this 127 Yard Sale in my area. I noticed a guy who had a sign in his yard advertising various sorts of sandwiches, and a little girl with a lemonade stand set up for all the thousands of shoppers and visitors. What was the first thing that entered my mind? Yeah, I wondered if they had a license, paid their business tax, and if the health department had inspected them. Yeah, I was disgusted that those thoughts even crossed my mind, because I've witnessed too much intrusion.

Thank goodness I live in an area where little kids can still set up a lemonade stand, and when there's an infusion of a hell of a lot of people, and the restaurants are overcrowded, people can still sell a cheap grilled sandwich to others.

The first time you get served warm lemonade by a tatted up kid you'll think again...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

I understand the dilemma of choosing to be disciplined or ensuring Americans are free. It is a shame that people have to chose between providing a decent life for their family and being tools used by others for their own will. Still these officers had discretion in not arresting these people, they chose to arrest them when they did not stop selling lemonade.

We both know they had plenty of time to pack it up... Give the remainder away as good will towards fellow man.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

The first time you get served warm lemonade by a tatted up kid you'll think again...

Wait.

Why would he purchase goods from someone who would warm up his lemonade?

Isn't that bad for business?

Wouldn't he have legal recourse to sue mommy and daddy - yes he would.

I welcome the day some little turd pisses in my lemonade. I'll sue his mommy and daddy.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

It's a tough call and I am not trying to bash kids for doing something constructive....but...at the same time, I can see how the lemonade stand could also hurt a legitimate business trying to make an honest dollar.

I think you missed the point. This is government or police behavior that is along the same lines as hiring all those extra TSA agents to check out poop in grandma's diapers or check the underwear of children to get them used to the ideas that are contrary to our mores.

We have become so over regulated and so indoctrinated that we (you) are stupid enough to defend these actions because you have been sold though a constant barrage of propaganda that it is necessary. Too many laws & too many rules means we spend too much effort & money producing nothing useful.

How many people really get sick from kids lemonade stands every year? I doubt there is enough to even keep track of. Lemonade stands that 99% of will be set up one or two weekends a summer that present little or no real threat to any legitimate brick and mortar business - just another weak argument.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Americanist

Wait.

Why would he purchase goods from someone who would warm up his lemonade?

Isn't that bad for business?

Wouldn't he have legal recourse to sue mommy and daddy - yes he would.

I welcome the day some little turd pisses in my lemonade. I'll sue his mommy and daddy.

Which goes to illustrate the fractures in our society. Where money is involved... People generally act crummy or resort to the lowest bidder. Where unsupervised kids are involved... Pranks that'll make you sick to your stomach are loads of fun. It only gets worse.

Good luck in court.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Are you American?

Some people pretend to be American on the internet to undermine our way of life.

They want to ban lemonade stands and keep them banned because in their backward homelands they were taught such things are normal.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Are you American?

Some people pretend to be American on the internet to undermine our way of life.

They want to ban lemonade stands and keep them banned because in their backward homelands they were taught such things are normal.

I'm a true blood, but I subscribe to common sense over patriotism.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I don't think that you have a good grasp of what 'common sense' actually is.

Common sense would dictate that the market regulate these kids.

Do you know what that would entail?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I don't think that you have a good grasp of what 'common sense' actually is.

Common sense would dictate that the market regulate these kids.

Do you know what that would entail?

First define the market and what set of rules you're playing by.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I cannot tell if you are serious or just trying to avoid demonstrating your alleged grasp of common sense.

If the police refused to stop the children from selling lemonade and one of the customers got sick - what would, or rather should happen?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'd pitch in 100$ for bail for about 20-30 folks well trained in MMA to sell lemonade and teach those thug cops a lesson when they tried to arrest them. The idiot making the excuse that he doesn't make the laws he just enforces them is the worst kind of idiot. He is harming people and he is responsible for his actions and he enables tyranny.

I admire what these people did but they do not know who they are. When she said there is no vending and claimed the constituted vending without a permit they did not challenge it. Tthe proper response is am not a vendor I am a man or woman. Vendor is a commercial/legal term. They let them label them as vendors and treated them as legal fictions not men and women.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
Imhoo think the main problem here is that one cannot exchange their cash for goods or services (or the reverse) without the permission from the thieves (government).

Yes, exacttly,. it's government bureaucracy and regulations interfering with free enterprise. They do it for our own good though, to protect us from harm of unregulated lemonade.
That's what Liberal Fascism is about. Protecting us from ourselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I don't wanna be the damper on this little parade here, but would any of you tolerate someone setting up a lemonade stand on your property.

I don't think that anyone would unless it was thier family doing so, or you gave them permission to.

I think its pretty much the norm if you dont have permission or a permit you cannot sell goods off someone elses property.

Now if people are getting arrested for doing so on thier own property then I can see the issue.

What if these people were psychotic and poisoned the lemonade? It could happen and it probably already has hence why laws are set in place.

These cops didn't do nothing wrong but thier jobs. The officer at the end of the vid was right. He just enforces the laws he doesn't make them.

Ironically we make most of the laws because we cry for them, so reap what you soe for once.

Freedom doesn't mean your free to do what you please now does it. If they had a permit and showed it the officer would have said, "Have a nice day" and left.

Such passion over lemonade and while we speak we are getting cooked by radiation, the economy is collapsing, and who knows what else just lerks around the corner.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Are these kids setting up shop on thier property or on other peoples property. When I was a kid and did the lemonade thing I did it on the lawn at my home.

Didn't make much because of the location but it was enough to get some candy and some baseball cards.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idotwhat
I don't wanna be the damper on this little parade here...

You aren't. Don't worry.

Anyhow, the police will nail you for setting one up on your own lawn.

Google it if you don't believe me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Idotwhat

Now if people are getting arrested for doing so on thier own property then I can see the issue.
I'm fairly sure that's exactly what these people were protesting by doing this. A permit is required.

What if these people were psychotic and poisoned the lemonade? It could happen and it probably already has hence why laws are set in place.
Please see my 2nd post on the 1st page and get back to me.

Such passion over lemonade and while we speak we are getting cooked by radiation, the economy is collapsing, and who knows what else just lerks around the corner.
It has nothing to do with lemonade. It's the principle obviously. One should be able to sell a product or service without the permission of the Government.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join