It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch People Get Arrested For Selling Lemonade

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

So you thought the cops were only keeping you safe from drugs? It turns out the pigs are busy keeping you safe from lemonade as well.

Notice how everything is perfectly peaceful at the beginning of the video. The violence doesn’t start until the pigs show up on the scene.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Now now, if those cops didn't abuse those people who else wouldn't they be expected not to abuse next?

Child molesters, drug manufacturers, terrorists?.

Yup, if they didn't do what they did, things would quickly evolve into anarchy.

*I'm good.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I like the top-rated comment.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Maybe your thread will bring out more support than my thread on this incident. People seem to be in favor of the police which I find disturbing. Check it out...

Three People Arrested for Selling Lemonade in Washington D.C.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Man, those kids are making way too much money and not paying taxes. We have to assume that their first goal is to buy weapons with this money and Target the government, quick, arrest those middle-class mild-mannered terrorist children. Don't let them have ambition or motivation, it could lead them in the wrong direction.

/sarcasm

Well, now we kno what to use as a good decoy to rob a bank, get some kids to sell lemonade, call the cops, have a spotted tell you when they arrive, then take advantage of the time you'll have. Seems the cops are more concerned with children than adults, I'm sure that the ghetto on the other side of town had no crimes occurring at that time, none at all.
edit on 22-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

No offense to this crew, but the law is one-size fits all... Next thing you'd have is condom vendors, blow up dolls, and corn dogs sold for reasons other than eating.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hmmm. I hate government and cops but I also hate smug, arrogant #'s who do things like this just to get attention. Not sure who I hate more in this particular case. What gives them the right to sell lemonade THERE? Would you want a bunch of loud teens selling lemonade on your lawn? I wouldn't. This is a far cry from little kids busted for selling lemonade on their own property.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

Well, now we kno what to use as a good decoy to rob a bank, get some kids to sell lemonade, call the cops, have a spotted tell you when they arrive, then take advantage of the time you'll have.

Heck, you could set up a few lemonade stands out near the county line and rob the whole town.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

No offense to this crew, but the law is one-size fits all... Next thing you'd have is condom vendors, blow up dolls, and corn dogs sold for reasons other than eating.

Haha, I beat you to it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yeah, I watched this video earlier.

One cop told a little girl not to pay for the lemonade.WTF?

Yes, I understand there was no permit, no license to sell lemonade on public property, I understand some people believe there's got to be controls...........

This protest was inspired by little kids getting their lemonade stands shut down by overly intrusive regulations.

Now kids can't set up stands and try to make a few bucks, doing what little kids have done for decades!

And a few weekends ago, there was this 127 Yard Sale in my area. I noticed a guy who had a sign in his yard advertising various sorts of sandwiches, and a little girl with a lemonade stand set up for all the thousands of shoppers and visitors. What was the first thing that entered my mind? Yeah, I wondered if they had a license, paid their business tax, and if the health department had inspected them. Yeah, I was disgusted that those thoughts even crossed my mind, because I've witnessed too much intrusion.

Thank goodness I live in an area where little kids can still set up a lemonade stand, and when there's an infusion of a hell of a lot of people, and the restaurants are overcrowded, people can still sell a cheap grilled sandwich to others.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

These are getting really stupid now. They go places where they know they aren't supposed to be and then do something that looks so cute and innocent and then when they are told, they can't be there they get all "Free Speech. It's the Peoples Place" on the cops. Then when they get arrested, they post it on You Tube. "Oh poor me. Look at what they did to our freedom. Oh my gosh. Tell me what police state looks like. This is what police state looks like. Oh whoa is me. I'm being arrested for doing something so sweet and innocent."

Whatever.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

HAHA...wow, what a sweet video. Why do the cops just stand around for so long telling people not to buy drinks but still letting them buy the drinks?
"Don't give them any money"...lol, that young girl still bought some drinks!!

edit on 22-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

We live in a free market, capitalist economy. You can sell anything you want wherever you want, the product has to be either owned by you or authorized for your use. If its vulgar or a controlled product like tobacco and alcohol a permit is needed. Permits are needed for food sales as well. Location specificity can also come into play, legally, a persons yard can be a business as can the house. It's cruel to arrest people for having motivated children.

Personally, in these cases, I don't see anything wrong with children showing motivation and doing something like this, I think the cops should start with warnings and maybe provide a little information about permits and business licenses, not that I think either should exist. Regulation is the bane of the economy. It prevents sales, increases costs, and causes price competition that destroys quality. Regulation is a way for wealthy business owners to make it nearly impossible for competition to exist while also getting away with being a monopoly by creating he illusion of entrepreneurship. Business that pose a threat are often bought out.

I believe people should take responsibility for themselves, if you don't approve of what someone is doing hen walk away (as long as its not a violent crime or theft of property or vandalism). People need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that toleration is he only way to improve the economy, culture, and ultimately the entire world mindset. Don't get the cops into stuff, handle situations yourself nonviolently, the cops were probably called because of an agitated neighbor who has no proper communication skills.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I can see another side to this story that will most likely get me shelved as an "unsympathetic hard-ar$e" but....

Just say you own a small retail outlet that serves beverages.

To do this you need to have a business license, hold a certificate for hygienic practises, pay tax, pay the rent, pay for insurance, pay staff, etc...the list goes on(I know as I have managed a few retail outlets and the ongoing expenses can kill you if your not careful).

At the end of the day, you do the right thing, pay your dues and have a shop set up to sell to the public.

A hot day comes along and suddenly your not selling cold beverages due to the fact that a bunch of kids have set up a lemonade stand across the road and are undercutting your prices.

I can sympathise with a retailer who is in such a situation, having done all the right things and not making sales due to competition with kids trying make a few bucks on the weekend.

I don't think they(the kids) should be stopped from selling their lemonade but maybe they could be restricted to only selling it in residential areas as long as its a prescribed distance from businesses that sell 'like' products. Maybe the local legislative authority could have a law that allows them to only operate directly outside of their own homes?

It's a tough call and I am not trying to bash kids for doing something constructive....but...at the same time, I can see how the lemonade stand could also hurt a legitimate business trying to make an honest dollar.

Maybe we should be introducing the next generations to e-commerce.....Making trinkets and selling them on their parents eBay account.?????

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
I can see another side to this story that will most likely get me shelved as an "unsympathetic hard-ar$e" but....

Just say you own a small retail outlet that serves beverages.

To do this you need to have a business license, hold a certificate for hygienic practises, pay tax, pay the rent, pay for insurance, pay staff, etc...the list goes on(I know as I have managed a few retail outlets and the ongoing expenses can kill you if your not careful).

At the end of the day, you do the right thing, pay your dues and have a shop set up to sell to the public.

A hot day comes along and suddenly your not selling cold beverages due to the fact that a bunch of kids have set up a lemonade stand across the road and are undercutting your prices.

I can sympathise with a retailer who is in such a situation, having done all the right things and not making sales due to competition with kids trying make a few bucks on the weekend.

I don't think they(the kids) should be stopped from selling their lemonade but maybe they could be restricted to only selling it in residential areas as long as its a prescribed distance from businesses that sell 'like' products. Maybe the local legislative authority could have a law that allows them to only operate directly outside of their own homes?

It's a tough call and I am not trying to bash kids for doing something constructive....but...at the same time, I can see how the lemonade stand could also hurt a legitimate business trying to make an honest dollar.

Maybe we should be introducing the next generations to e-commerce.....Making trinkets and selling them on their parents eBay account.?????

If your that retailer then I suggest coming up would better business tactics because if those children wanted to they could do all the right things right next door and deliberately undercut your prices, just the child entrepreneurs alone would take the customers. Their children, let them be, maybe one of them could have founded a booming business one day but now that they've been told they can't even sell lemonade they've lost their interest in business. This is the perfect way to show the world that we are no longer in the free world.

Also, the retailer can ask politely for the stand to be removed before making tax dollars fly out the window. It's called common courtesy. How can one fix a problem if he/she is not informed of that problem. Police do not need to be involved in this matter.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

We live in a free market, capitalist economy. You can sell anything you want wherever you want, the product has to be either owned by you or authorized for your use. If its vulgar or a controlled product like tobacco and alcohol a permit is needed. Permits are needed for food sales as well. Location specificity can also come into play, legally, a persons yard can be a business as can the house. It's cruel to arrest people for having motivated children.

Personally, in these cases, I don't see anything wrong with children showing motivation and doing something like this, I think the cops should start with warnings and maybe provide a little information about permits and business licenses, not that I think either should exist. Regulation is the bane of the economy. It prevents sales, increases costs, and causes price competition that destroys quality. Regulation is a way for wealthy business owners to make it nearly impossible for competition to exist while also getting away with being a monopoly by creating he illusion of entrepreneurship. Business that pose a threat are often bought out.

I believe people should take responsibility for themselves, if you don't approve of what someone is doing hen walk away (as long as its not a violent crime or theft of property or vandalism). People need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that toleration is he only way to improve the economy, culture, and ultimately the entire world mindset. Don't get the cops into stuff, handle situations yourself nonviolently, the cops were probably called because of an agitated neighbor who has no proper communication skills.

I follow you here trust me... But for the sake of argument, let's say people don't take responsibility and more children are being forced to raise themselves. Add to the mix some vendor sets up shop on the first 4-6 feet of your yard (owned by the city), and you have traffic backed up for blocks day in/ day out. You'd more than likely ask for their permit then call the cops.

Common sense don't fail you now.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Imhoo think the main problem here is that one cannot exchange their cash for goods or services (or the reverse) without the permission from the thieves (government).

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Here's something interesting to think about. Some people may claim it's unsafe to buy lemonade from just any random person and therefore they need to be licensed and inspected and so on. But what if the person(s) is offering a simple service such as to mow the lawn or feed your pets? Would the Government demand it's cut of that too? Would you need a permit to feed someones pet everyday while they are at work? Where does it end?

Now lets take it a step further into something more "professional". As a web designer I often ask myself this question. Should I register a legit business and should I do everything as the Government would dictate I do it or should I just simply provide my services to people who need it (and can pay me obviously). In the virtual world I don't need to set up a shop anywhere to seek out work. In fact there are websites dedicated to freelancers looking for work such as freelancer.com.

SO it brings up some interesting questions imo. In the eyes of the Government an income is an income and it needs to be taxed. Thoughts?
edit on 22-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I follow you here trust me... But for the sake of argument, let's say people don't take responsibility and more children are being forced to raise themselves. Add to the mix some vendor sets up shop on the first 4-6 feet of your yard (owned by the city), and you have traffic backed up for blocks day in/ day out. You'd more than likely ask for their permit then call the cops.

Common sense don't fail you now.

Like you said, that's government owned property, not the vendors, that alone can have them removed. You wouldn't have to have a lack of a permit to be removed. Now, if the state was to give these people permission to do this then, with all permits and requirements you would be powerless to have them removed. A vendor must own or have permission to use he property, yea, these kids arw on the side of the road, request for them to get in their yard. Let them know what thy are doing wrong, let them finish out the day, then let them know thy are no longer able to do it without proper requirements, no arrest is needed.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I saw Adam Kokesh in the background

Why are cops making six figures? The cop does have a point about "your squabble is with the law makers." It really is, however, the police need to stop enforcing stupid laws that create resentment towards officers. An offense such as that should have carried no more then a small fine for operating without a permit. Jail should never have been an option.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join