It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Many Orbs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My grandma turned 100 today and we all had a huge party in the dining room of her assisted living facility. I took lots of pictures and this is the only one with all these little blobs of light in it. I have never taken a photo like this before ever, and have only seen them online or a TV show. It is a picture of the barbershop quartet hired to sing some old songs from about the turn of the last century to about the '30s.

Now I am sure there must be some explanation for these, but I don't know enough about photography to guess what conditions make them. I just know I've seen these in photos taken by others who claimed they were orbs. I suppose that if any place would actually have orbs, it would be in a place like this where death is a frequent visitor and they are playing music from an era that may have attracted any lingering spirits to come and enjoy it. I would love to think so.

Nothing unusual happened and the only feelings anyone had were love for my grandma and happiness that so many friends and family were all together. So...What do you think? Orbs or dust?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53b981ddd304.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

It looks completely non-paranormal imo.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Its just light reflecting off dust or something. Definitely nothing paranormal.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I actually think it was the feel good vibe.

I've seen similar orbs at seminars.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
in times like this i'd love to have the guts to ask a friend about the pics he took on my best friend's place. The balcony of my best friend's looks to a burnt church, and he took some pics of the church by night and the only thing you could see were orbs, orbs everywhere, i NEVER saw something similar.... but he don't believe on orbs, he just said: oooh, damn dust in the air, i wanted a pic of the church...
well... i'm going to ask him one day

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This has been proven to be dust so many times.

Have fun researching it yourself.

Go to a dirt road, kick up lots of dust at night, then take flash photography with the same camera - you will have orbs galore.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Mainly dust and other particulates reflecting.

www.ssprstn.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.thephotoforum.com...

A video:

and one more link

www.theorbzone.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Looks like you need a heavy duty vac and some furniture polish.
Oh, and open a window.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that it's all plain dust. I took lots of pictures of Orbs in Hitler's bunker at Berchtesgaden. Those bunkers aren't dusty because of the moist.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Read the links i posted a few posts up, they describe many reasons for orbs, including moisture and bugs.
Its amazing what a bit of research does.

edit on 22-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I caught this one myself in my brothers house. This is a close up:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
When I see these I typically say "Dust" like everyone else. What I have not yet been able to explain though, is when the orb is partly covered, when it falls -behind- an object in the photos.

new topics

top topics

join