It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMPORGs have same impact as the GDP of Namibia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Not that I havn't heard this before, but I found tis article worth shareing.
Seems we are so well off even our virtual worlds have more than the 3rd world. A shocking state of affairs!

news.bbc.co.uk
You may think that when you spend time in online game worlds such as Everquest or Star Wars Galaxies, you are just enjoying yourself.
But analysis of how long people spend in the games and what they do there has shown that game-playing has a significant economic value too.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am just trying to get my haed around this whole concept here !

I mean how woould i feel if I was a Namibian reading this...
I would want to emigrate to... ULTIMA ONLINE or EVERQUEST?!?! What would this do to your self-esteem if you find out a buch of pixels have more than you do?
Its just one big mess isn't it?

[edit on 20/8/2004 by Corinthas]

[edit on 8-20-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I suggest you either begin playing Everquest, or play more Everquest.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
I suggest you either begin playing Everquest, or play more Everquest.

All MMPORG blow chunks and are a waste of time and pick away at your brain until you fall down in a puddle of OOOZE!!!

[Edited on 20-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I suggest you play more Everquest to release some pent-up frustrations, hehe

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I was playing FFxi for about a year, I just quit playing the other day because my real life work is taking up more of my time then I would like. It was really becoming a job... I'll explain.

In FFxi I could farm enough gil each week that I would have 200k-1000k gil extra that I would sell off in the internet sites. Makeing me about 60-400$ Canadian each week. Put that on top of my wage from work and Iam a very well doing 22 year old, I averaged about 1000$ a month from FFxi. The problem is that FFxi takes up almost all of my time to do that. So for that sake of my life I have quit.... but I did pay off my student loan, my car loan, and my visa in 9 months playing that game, so it worked out in the end... Iam almost afraid to try WoW... might not, might just go back to FFxi in the winter and start investing into stocks or something.

Edit: Buy the way, gil selling is ilegal, and you will get booted if you get caught.

There will probley be alot of people that dont like this kind of thing that I have just wrote. But really its the peopl that buy the gil you need to be mad at, Ive done all the work, your just buying my time, in the sence.

[Edited on 8/20/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
HumptyDumpty

Sorry I must be slow or must have missed something, but how were you making money by playing FFXI? You got me very curious there.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
HumptyDumpty

Sorry I must be slow or must have missed something, but how were you making money by playing FFXI? You got me very curious there.

I make money in FFxi which ever way you see fit ~~~~> Then you sell in on playerauctions.com (or other sites, just search "FFxi Gil for sale" on google) to buyers (people that play FFxi), You receive your money from pay pal ~~~~~> Trade FFxi money to the buyer in game so they can buy their item in game, with real life money. To save playing time, or get uber gears.

Like I say, I paid my student loan, my car loan, and my visa in 9 months with the help of this money making method. Ive stopped now so I dont mind telling people about it. But I warn you it takes alot of your time. IT IS AGAIST PLAYONLINE TERMS OF SERVICE.

[Edited on 8/20/04 by HumptyDumpty]

top topics

join