It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is on Life Support

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

More rhetoric and no substance. These are simply claims without substance based on fearmongering.

The fact is that more and more nukes will be built.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Originally posted by stereologist
The destruction of bat and bird populations by wind turbines has been gruesome in many places. Fish populations have been destroyed by hydro projects.

You made this comparison to nuclear power plants

You made it very clear you simply have no idea what you are talking about.

I get it - you're just uninformed

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
reply to post by stereologist

Originally posted by stereologist
The destruction of bat and bird populations by wind turbines has been gruesome in many places. Fish populations have been destroyed by hydro projects.

You made this comparison to nuclear power plants

You made it very clear you simply have no idea what you are talking about.

I get it - you're just uninformed

Haha exactly. Then he went on a rant about how it was in the wrong forum section! OMG THREAD DEBUNKED!

It's a pity that people have to react in such a way when all you are doing is bringing attention to a massively overlooked threat, even though the grave consequences of its failure are obviously and written in recent history.

I mean, my scenario is extreme, but think about how the North Anna Nuclear Plant was affect by the recent quakes, which weren't even shockers. The cooling system failed so it went to the backup generators, and immediately 1 of the 4 malfunctioned! You only need another minor malfunction or two and you have a meltdown on your hands. Worth the risk, I don't think so... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-8-2011 by RenegadeScholar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Nothing in this thread had anything at all to do with 2012. The thread is about fearmongering.

Have a nice day and please continue to make up wacko claims.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
I mean, my scenario is extreme, but think about how the North Anna Nuclear Plant was affect by the recent quakes, which weren't even shockers. The cooling system failed so it went to the backup generators, and immediately 1 of the 4 malfunctioned! You only need another minor malfunction or two and you have a meltdown on your hands. Worth the risk, I don't think so...

An event that would effect multiple plants is obviously extremely rare.

But the few "accidents" that have occurred in the last 30 years have already done catastrophic damage to human life and the environment.

A meltdown every ten years might seem rare but in reality it is completely unsustainable.

Human and Animal DNA and global ecosystem are permanently polluted.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Radiation might not be so bad after all..

Coulter: Radiation is 'Actually Good For You'
www.youtube.com...

Human Body Might Adapt to Radiation Exposure
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...the DNA changes are kind of a different issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
denmark Don't have Nuclear power plant..... if the blue are power plant on the map

im from denmark

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStar

Isn't there a Swedish plant not far from Copenhagen? You can see the cooling towers across the water; isn't that right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join