It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's Great Martha's Vineyard Adventures, Day 3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Barack Obama's Great Martha's Vineyard Adventures, Day 3

www.examiner.com

As the nation watches its vacationing president during troubles at home and abroad in Libya, President Barack Obama reportedly began his third day at Martha’s Vineyard with a brief briefing on the troubled country of Libya.

Following the business part of his morning, it was back to the vacation the president had planned. Obama spent morning-time at the beach with FLOTUS Michelle Obama and his two daughters, Malia and Sasha. Then, he golfed with Chicago friend Eric Whitaker, Robert Wolf w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

President Barack Obama and his family enjoy the good - make that elite - life on Martha's Vineyard as Rome - make that the economy, jobs, and Libya - burn. As the headlines from Wall Street, the job markets, and Libya continue to depress our nation, Obama golfs, goes to the beach, and mingles amongst the commoners like a celebrity at Martha's Vineyard. And our country claims not to have royalty!
Many are "hoping for change" all right.

Your thoughts on this 'royal' vacation during such a time? Will it hurt him in the polls? (He reportedly has 39% more approval rating to lose before he hits rock bottom.)

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
His wife always looks evil to me.I imagine she looks down on the staff and enjoys the luxury a bit too much.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Every time a US president dares to take a holiday it seems someone, somewhere whines about it.

Apparently there's always something that only he (so far) can fix - although the people who whine always seem to be the ones to think the president of the time isn't actually any good and can't actually fix anything anyway.......

Shouldn't this be in US politicial silliness rather than breaking alternative news??

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
He's stealing as much as he can, because he knows that he's a one term POTUS.
I feel sorry for the patriots assigned to him for protection. They see what is happening to our country, and feel the disrespect when he looks down at them. I'm dog-on-sure, they can't wait until the election is over, or they've rotated out.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
He doesn't seem to be paying attention to what's going on when he's not on vacation - so what's the difference?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I was down in chatham last week and put the weather for chatham as a location in my iphone. As of Friday the weather was straight up rain on the cape for the next week. I woke up Sat morning and it showed nothing but clear skys and sunny for the rest of the week... seems fishy. Anyone else notice this?

edit on 21-8-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

I don't begrudge our POTUS for taking a vacation. And when you consider, he's the POTUS, there's got to be lots of security, and well, lots of press and differeing opinons on it all.

Now I go crazy.

When I was in Saudi Arabia and preparing for the mother of all battles, so it was said by Saddam Hussein,

I saw photos of George H W Bush having a yachting weekend at Kennibunkport, or some place.

I thought, gee, he's the commander in chief of the military and he's not here in the sands and eating MRE's. I didn't like it at all!

I('ve got my own idea of how a POTUS should live while he/she has military folks involved in a war.

Stay at your post! Sleep on a cot, or on the floor using a sleeping bag and one of those mats they give us.
Eat MRE's.
Don't see your family.
Just stick to the job of being in that war and stopping that war..........then you get to see your family and enjoy a soft bed, and lobster dinners and such..........

Yeah, I obviously went crazy, yes?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

President Barack Obama and his family enjoy the good - make that elite - life on Martha's Vineyard as Rome - make that the economy, jobs, and Libya - burn.

Been wondering when someone else wold make this connection - except Nero (supposedly) fiddled while obama is actually golfing. Sure must be a lot of fun for obama to be president ...

And for someone concerned with his re-election above all else, you'd think obama would get that none of this news and these photo-ops are doing him any good.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Every time a US president dares to take a holiday it seems someone, somewhere whines about it.

Apparently there's always something that only he (so far) can fix - although the people who whine always seem to be the ones to think the president of the time isn't actually any good and can't actually fix anything anyway.......

Shouldn't this be in US politicial silliness rather than breaking alternative news??

Your confused about this? Let me break it down for ya. He is an employee ok? He has a job to do, and taking vacations whenever he wants ain't getting the job done. This goes for all the president's. Can you take a vacation whenever you want? Would you still be employed if you did? What if you took a vacation in the middle of a project? Or in the middle of a project? Or in the middle of a busy season? Oh, and make it on the companies dime too. Make sense now?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Personaly, I'm very glad to have him in my own back yard

It means, at least as long he is here, I don't have to worry about an Alien Invasion, nor do I have to worry about a stray nuke while he's here.

In fact, I may take the ferry and go look him up. (The problem is, I don't trust myself, and I would likely ask him if he indeed IS the Antichrist
of the Bible) I have nothing to do anyway. I wonder if he would laugh or turn his head a full 360 degrees around

Anyway, I do feel saFER

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Say he comes back to D.C. - Congress isn't there. I don't see you whining about them.

So what!? So he went to Martha's Vineyard. My hipster sister and her broke-ass friends go there all of the time. Besides it's not like he has a ranch like Bush or Reagan, who by the way, spent 25 days at his ranch once.

I get that people are frustrated and that, as a country we seem to be listing, but the reality is that the office of the President travels with the President. Apparently he can fail to lead from anywhere in the world. But his gray hairs are a clear indication that he needs a break from the constant crises. If he rejuvenates and refreshes and comes back with a new and more effective approach, it will be 9 days well spent.

Now onto the next manufactured outrage please...

edit on 22/8/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Your confused about this? Let me break it down for ya. He is an employee ok? He has a job to do, and taking vacations whenever he wants ain't getting the job done. This goes for all the president's. Can you take a vacation whenever you want? Would you still be employed if you did? What if you took a vacation in the middle of a project? Or in the middle of a project? Or in the middle of a busy season? Oh, and make it on the companies dime too. Make sense now?

Why did I write "In the middle of a project" twice?
that's what happens when you post first thing in the morning....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

There has been plenty of whining about Congress on break during these times. However, during break, at least one of the Congresspersons in my area is doing townhall meetings, conference calls with the public, etc. And as far as I know, none of them are taking multi-million $ vacations to Martha's Place... I'm just sayin', my friend.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The uproar over this is absolutely ridiculous. He isn't the first or last president to vacation

He isn't getting a damn thing done while on the job so what's the difference?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Besides it's not like he has a ranch like Bush or Reagan, who by the way, spent 25 days at his ranch once.

So, are you saying that having a ranch is somehow a bad thing? You know, the kind of places where food is raised that people can eat? I'll admit it's quite different than a Martha's Vineyard golf course, where only "fertilizer" is produced.

Or is it because to some people ranchers = those bogeyman aka "the rich"?

And that part of coming back refreshed, etc. Come on. IF obama really has a plan to help us out of this economic mess, why in hell wouldn't he tell us all now what it is so that we can get started implementing it? Instead the very real perception is that he is partying while the rest of us suffer. How intelligent is that?
edit on 8/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
The uproar over this is absolutely ridiculous. He isn't the first or last president to vacation

He isn't getting a damn thing done while on the job so what's the difference?

Because if obama was still in DC, there's at least the possibility he could get something done.

If he's playing golf on Martha's Vineyard, there's absolutely no chance.

This is far more than a perception issue.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm sure he is working...working on a plan to start yet another war. I'm sure Syria is his next target and he doesn't need congressional approval for that so it doesn't matter if congress is in session.

Maybe he is busy figuring how many votes from illegals he can count on since he refuses to uphold the law and deport them. Please don't tell me that illegals can't vote when even the dead vote in Chicago, some several times it appears

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
did anybody do a day by day account of bush's 6 week vacation ?

these guys need time off. every morning starts with a briefing of who is trying to kill them or start WWIII

every president, regardless of party, needs time away

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
did anybody do a day by day account of bush's 6 week vacation ?

these guys need time off. every morning starts with a briefing of who is trying to kill them or start WWIII

every president, regardless of party, needs time away

Here you go - a vacation comparison for Bush and obama ...

source

For some that perpetually want to talk about Bush while obama is the president, reading this may hurt a bit.

Mr. Bush did spend time on “vacation.” But Obama and Michelle closing down Bar Harbor, Maine to dine in upscale restaurants with a “Latin flair” is quite different from G.W. fishing on his family’s estate in Kennebunkport prior to hosting a “Lobster Summit” for Vladimir Putin.

According to CBS reporter Mark Knoller, a vacationing President Bush would go into town for an annual cheeseburger. On the other hand, every chance he gets, Barack relaxes seaside, sipping sunset cocktails and eating lobster while the Secret Service keep peons at bay.

Maybe scorekeepers could refresh America’s memory and cite the instance when Mr. and Mrs. Bush nearly brought the Big Apple to a halt while they leisurely took in dinner and a show.

Intermittently, George W. did head home to conduct business from the “Western White House” in Crawford, Texas. For fun, Mr. Bush would be seen with a “power saw in his hand going after brush and dead trees.”

President Obama has got to know that no one would condemn a decision to head home to his Tony Rezko-acquired property on South Greenwood Avenue in Chicago, instead of his $4,000 a night “Winter White House” in Hawaii.

And that's just part of the truth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join