It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "crapping their pants"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I SnF'ed this thread because I went to the link provided. Reading some of the calculations brought me back to my old engineering days at a prestigious mid-West Engineering school (IMHO #1). Although it has be over 40 years since I modeled equations similar to this, I am uncertain of there authenticity. Hopefully, [color=gold] someone more educated than I [color=gold] can study his formulas and theories, rendering an educated opinion.

That would require it's own thread.
I have been contemplating such a thread for a year now.

I haven't written it yet because my experience with ATS has
taught me that the reaction would be somethig similar to the following.
    too much math
    too many foregone conclusions
    too little room for debate
    one comment of "that's neat" or its equivalent
    the thread sinks into the abyss

How about something more trendy for the moment.
Here it is.

The term "Kepler's fourth law" makes about as much sense as a three dollar bill.

All his formulas show is how the gravitational constant is computed.
And even on that point I can show other more interesting variations.
Like why is a three dimensional radiating phenomenon only squared in the formulas,
and did you know that there is a pattern that works on gravity as a function of cubed radius.
There is even one that works on the fourth dimension.

Also the guy's language is hysteria and insinuation.

I can relate.
My own studies have show great hypocracy and secrecy in the astronomical community.
But I'm not running around writting in bright red font using all caps and splattering around phrases like "crapped their pants."

...There, wasn't that more fun than a lot of math.

David Grouchy
edit on 22-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
NASA has turned into a real joke mainly because it relies on and supports 'mainstream science'.Science is what it has always been, a false religion of human rebellion against his creator that attempts to and fails to explain the order and existence of the universe.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

A friend who works for Nasa posted this today on FB with the caption: Our moral boost every morning...

As Bill Engvall would say....here's your sign.... which say's Creating Langely's Future is Vital.
edit on 22-8-2011 by relocator because: added what the sign on the fence says.

edit on 22-8-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I find it amusing that people think NASA knows everything or should know everything about the universe and all its amazing contents.

Give it a few million years when they reach the edge and beyond then they might have a jolly good stab at making a complete hitchhikers guide.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
newton spent 20 years of his life fighting hard for the mathmatical calculations of the moon i remember reading somewhere in an autobiography of him .i can just pick up a copy of who built the moon by christopher knight or who parked the moon or moongate . tptb have known for a very very long time some strange truth .its good to read there work but i think they paid a dear price for the knowlage which was way before the time take ARTHUR C CLARK how could he know that LUPTUS looked like that wild guess ? dont think so . richard hoaglands enterprise mission website WHAT DID ARTHUR KNOW AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT has all the info .ive always thaught that mr hoagland was to informed when he wrote the monuments of mars .o what a tangled web we weave when we first practised to decive

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We can only hope. I'm still waiting for an explanation to this anomaly only visible in infrared. I was told CW Leonis, but a red giant is observable without aids.
i54.tinypic.com...

You can go to google sky and do a search for mercury. Zoom out a couple clicks and click infrared.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The problem with the orthodox school of thought is that theycall a cook anyone who challenges their authoritarian expertise on subject matter. Unhealthy and bias not scientific at all.
reply to post by Shirak

This statement is soooo true and it is the reason why we have not truthfully advanced as we should have. If everyone went in with an open mind.....non biased......we would be better off!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Always good to hear someone tell it like it is especially if you're someone who's figured out how to predict a major earthquake and rather than beat down his door wanting to know how he did it so many instead question and wonder if he's wearing a lab coat and holding a test tube.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Well that just about explains everything. We were in possible danger and who's to say we still arn't ? Really.
A comet hitting the earth, can be wimpy all day long and still be an earth shattering event. I guess we can't depend on anyone, to tell us crap, if ssomething wicked this way comes ? That's the only obvious information in all of this.

edit on 21-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Haven't you ever seen a doomsday movie?

That's how it ALWAYS goes, to "prevent panic and riots in the streets."

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
NASA's own director claimed space travel outside the earths magnetosphere wouldn't be possible for many years to come, yet supposedly they did it with tinfoil models 42 years ago. NASA is what it is, a corrupted, bloated and totally useless expenditure. NASA has publicly stated that if a threat from a celestial impact were imminent that they would withhold that information from the public, they have no right to public funding.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

Originally posted by randyvs

Well that just about explains everything. We were in possible danger and who's to say we still arn't ? Really.
A comet hitting the earth, can be wimpy all day long and still be an earth shattering event. I guess we can't depend on anyone, to tell us crap, if ssomething wicked this way comes ? That's the only obvious information in all of this.

edit on 21-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Haven't you ever seen a doomsday movie?

That's how it ALWAYS goes, to "prevent panic and riots in the streets."

My brave fellow member, I've been watching doomsday movies even before this one. As Phage pointed out this one even goes dun dun dun duuuuun !

Dramatic, isn't it ?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

You have gone and done it now - how about making that thread and enlightening those of us who want to find out more?

be nice and share

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

WOW THANX that's a great clip!! I can't believe it's from '65 - amazing. Younger than me I admit, but still amazing. The FX were pretty realistic. It had everything - cool handsome dude, beautiful gal, scary scary - that train really had me going... aaaaagh!! How do I find the whole movie?? I bet it's not at the local rental place...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

That was more fun than math... but hey, we'd love to see the thread anyway....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

I doubt men of science read, much less care, about all cap rage posts.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there are many solutions to why the moon may change a bit or all those sort of things, without the need of changing the laws of physics.

In fact furthermore, I doubt they were worried about Elinen when any gravity simulator shows that by now most planets would be out of orbit if it was anything to worry about gravity-wise, or that it could just be blown up with a couple of our 5000+ nukes if it was a physical threat.

Pretty much rage post is rage post, and nobody cares about rage posts.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Hey that's cool you're interested. I think you can watch it on line. But if you want it for a collection? Man you'll play hell to find it unless you order that puppy here online somewhere.
Good luck

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Goood sheeple. Goooood sheeple. Now we're all just dandy. Thank goodness.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thanks Randyvs - I will look for it!

One thing about this Omer-guy. I've watched his predictions for months now and usually he genuinely "predicts" well in advance. But I noticed that the last set seemed to be added AFTER the imposing (is that a verb?) by Mercury. While I suspected the same thing, (that the quakes would diminish due to the Mercury interpose), I noticed he didn't actually say it until AFTER the date. Maybe he was just busy, it didn't make his website, it was in one of his articles and I couldn't understand it, OR maybe he wasn't really sure what would happen either and wanted his stats to look good. [I also suspect the sun's quiescience was related to Elenin's electrical pull on the other side - how would you say that in fancy scientific jargon? Anyway, we'll see, eh? It seems to be waking up as Elenin comes around the side]

Because he didn't really seem to be sure what would happen with the interpose, I'm not as confident when Omerbashich says that Elenin is not a major threat. Personally I suspect the Sept.Sun/Earth alignment is still a threat. And if not, I would expect that if there really are PTB, the economy should start a good recovery by the end of the year. Hopefully.

Good pic Hillybilly - I wish I could find more pics of Saturn when Elenin was between her and the Sun? I read that the weather was quite vicious, is that true?

As far as NASA not reading his stuff: I recall that Omer used to (maybe he still does, his website changes, I'm not sure) show his stats and somehow traced where his traffic was coming from and showed a good number of the readers coming from NASA. That's why I thought it was a hoot. Therefore I like what Luxordephi says:

Always good to hear someone tell it like it is especially if you're someone who's figured out how to predict a major earthquake and rather than beat down his door wanting to know how he did it so many instead question and wonder if he's wearing a lab coat and holding a test tube

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I found this and thought I'd plot here with you. It's from the 18th.

Just call me Randy if you like.
edit on 23-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Halley's comet has a period of 75 years. Elenin has a period of..um..no years. It ain't coming back. As near as can be told, it's on a hyperbolic orbit.

The fellow is confused. The shape of an orbit has nothing to do with the mass of the object. A very low mass object can have an highly elliptical (or hyperbolic) orbit and so can a massive object.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join