It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Understand Genesis (Creation of Adam & Eve)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernRain55

would god's soul image be male or female or both?

according to this myth, if God is the alpha and the omega, i would certainly ascribe both genders to "his" beingness.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Population of the World...Exactly How Did It All Start?
The nations of peoples were inside of her, meaning the first woman. It had been intended for her to create these nations of peoples over an eternity, her being created to be immortal. Once they sinned and they were moved away from where that immortality was possible, she went into a period of sped up generation, where she produced them all in her allotted lifespan. They were rebellious and would not allow themselves to be ruled over by her husband but would depart from them to set their nations up in other parts of the Earth.
All that is in the Hebrew of the text if you leave aside the standard translation which does not even fit the story.
INTERESTING! I have never heard this before!
I hate to ask but could you expand further on this? I feel that we have lost so much from translation...
Not really. I can't expand on the story as such but could on where this comes from. The reason is that the ancient writings were actually hieroglyphics and then later written in a newer type of Hebrew, then later rewritten in the current standardized Hebrew we have to this day. The specific place is Genesis 3:16 where the popular term for the section is The Curse, which it is not at all but the explanation from the Lord of what her future was. The history of how this verse went through various phases of translation is a horror story of distortion and hatred and it completely misses what the actual story is.
edit on 21-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

link   
After the Human Genome Project had been completed and the DNA of man had been completely mapped scientists learned that Man's DNA had been manipulated by some form of bacterium, but they cannot say how the bacteria was introduced or how it turned modern man from homo sapiens neanderthalensis into homo sapien sapiens. it's almost like the bacteria that transformed us just magically appeared and the change ocurred very quickly, almost like the bacteria caused a genetic mutation.

link   

Originally posted by mythos

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by mythos

Well explain Lilith then, Adam's first wife. If he was a hermaphrodite why would he have had a wife in the first place. Lilith is acknowledged in the gnostic writings and in the sumerian texts.

Lilith was a demon... a creature, and not human like Adam.
Well it depends on who you ask. Some stories say Lilith was Adams first wife whilst most say that Lilith was a demon, possibly the snake and/or first demon made by God.
edit on 21-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

would god's soul image be male or female or both?

according to this myth, if God is the alpha and the omega, i would certainly ascribe both genders to "his" beingness.

I would have to agree with you. I personally believe God has both male and female attributes. I believe men and women weren't meant to be seperated as in "not equal"...that was "man"made.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

which is more or less the point i was trying to make... when dealing with ancient folklore, meaning and context morph. we can interpret (as is the intent of OP) the meanings, but we cannot truly, iron-clad, define.

the exercise (and wisdom, imo) lay in the interpretations. in understanding the mythic intent of these profound stories. then we are not bound to literal interpretations, nor trying to make sense of the inconsistencies, and instead can delve into the metaphoric intent of the human conditions these stories are attempting to communicate. Jospeh Campbell made a career of such things.

PS it is possible that Lilith is actually a carry over from Mesopotamian myths, and Adams consorting with her is a metaphor for the ancient hebrews early relations with their neighbors.
edit on 21-8-2011 by mythos because: type-o

edit on 21-8-2011 by mythos because: and another

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Well the version i heard was Lilith was made from dirt like adam and because of this she was equal with Adam, and when they went to have sex Lilith wanted to be on top and Adam was appalled by this notion that a being he considered lower than him would try to dominate him so he refused and Lilith being spurned, ran into the woods and said God's secret name and became a succubus and disappeared. Adam then complained to God whom then put adam asleep and removed one of his ribs and formed Eve and said "and she shall be called woman, for she came from man", which many theologians theorize is the reason why men have a sexual longing for women and yearn to be united with them.
edit on 21-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Genesis 1:1

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

The very first verses of the Bible names the four fundamental properties of the universe, (noted by Einstein around 1916). In Genesis, light energy from weak and strong nuclear force generates all matter to form. These fundamental interactions of matter and energy result from the duality of light as both particle and wave. In Exodus, Moses asks for God's name. He called Himself 'I Am'. This is a reference to consciousness. These three (Particle / Wave / Consciousness) are where the other four originate (Time / Space / Matter / Energy).

The remainder of creation of matter in Genesis is a temporal development over ages of time. Each age is referred to as a day. We see this development as evolution. In reality, it is alchemy. All forms of life start out as the essence of their ultimate point of growth. The essence is information. Information generates form through union. Two become one and then repeat. Example:

An oak tree is enfolded into an acorn. When the acorn gains union with the soil, it unfolds by the encoding within the essence of the monatomic reactions with the elements in the soil. DNA gains union from the sperm and the egg. The sun and the moon gain union to produce the process for life on earth. The soul gains union with the spirit as the final stage of development on earth. All of this is entangled as one aspect of God in an image. God sees the image in totality. We see the image as a temporal speck of dust.

All of this sums up the creation element of Genesis.

In Chapter 3, God gives man a choice. Man is placed in the garden. The garden is filled with living creatures that have reached their perfected state of development. Man is just beginning when he is planted in the garden. Development is the goal. Gaining union with the spirit of God is the end-game. Envision the body as the tent that we reside in while traveling a wilderness. We were first placed in the mansion of our perfected body but we lacked sentience and autonomy.

God gave us two choices for education: Either we eat of the fruit of knowledge as we walk with God as the teacher, or we walk alone and toil the ground to earn our way back to perfection. We made the choice of pride. Ultimately, this was the plan all along. One of our purposes was to defeat the being known as Satan. There are various stories describing why this was the case, but the Bible eventually gets to the mystery in Ephesians. A greater purpose is in store for man if he succeeds. My thought is that we are the 1/3 of heaven that fell with Satan. The veil over the temple is the veil over our minds. We are not permitted to remember the former estate of our soul. We must live by faith. Baptism is the immersion into the water of the material world. Spirit is the higher state of existence.

As history unfolds, we see the education of man as a seeking journey to discover the pearl of great price. This pearl is love. Jesus is the Son of God. In John 1, He is the LOGOS. The Logos wrote the story of reality that we currently experience. The Word is the wave of the duality of light. Light is both a particle and wave. All particles have an associated wave. Jesus is the second person of the trinity, is God, and spoke reality into existence. All three person of one God represent the one who spoke. "Let US create man in OUR own image." "Let US confound their language."

The trinity starts with God and light. Light is the prima materia for creation. Light is carried by the second person of the trinity to man. This is the wave of creation. The third person of creation is the Holy Spirit. This is consciousness. Man has a spirit (consciousness) that is fallen. Only by living the story of opposites in this world of material substance allows for the growth necessary to gain knowledge of love by experience. We must rightly divide the darkness from the light, just as God did in Genesis. This is the journey of enlightenment. LOVE is the point.

Man is all three persons of the trinity just like God. Man has a body that is both particle and wave. Man has a spirit. God offers the Holy Spirit (Pearl of great price) as the prize for finding love. This allows man to gain union with the spirit of God and transcend the material reality.

In v. 27 of Genesis, God says that we are in an artificial image. 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

We are two things. We are 'in' the image. This is comparable to me being in the image of the computer here on ATS. We are also the image of God. This is the part where we are the trinity of God by creation. God is one person and so are we. The projection point is from God to us by the work of the trinity. This is comparable to us being projected in a 3D environment of the computer by the process of energy, information and light. The reflection is the same and cannot be any different on our side of reality. As for God, the other side is not comprehensible to us as a temporal speck of infinity. We can only collapse indeterminate possibility by making choice. God can think the universe and it appears. There is a vast difference between us and God.

From Genesis 4 to the end of the Bible, we are walked through life. When man sinned, he was hiding in the garden with fig leaves covering his newly exposed body. The light body had faded into the dermis body. Where was God? God was waling in the garden. This is the point. God never stopped walking us in the garden. He is the good shepherd (Father) of man.

In the ancient Hebrew pictographs of the Hebrew language, God is the father. The father is represented by these root words: AB - Father - tent pole, fruit, desire, enemy. In Hebrew, root words come in three forms: Parent, Child and adopted. All words branch from the roots they originate from. Each root tells a story that relates to all the worlds on the branch. It is like a tree. Why is God represented by enemy? He is infinity at rest. He has divided the light from the darkness. Since nothing existed before God, He is the light and has eliminated the darkness. We experience both here and are expected to do the same. The enemy must be vanquished. We are to forgive our enemies. Do we forgive God? How can we forgive Him for preparing the way for us? We must soften our hearts to the process. Forgiveness comes to us in the form of grace. While we were yet sinners (dividing the light form the darkness), God loved us. LOVE is the point. We cannot have love apart form dividing the darkness. God knows this and is a good father for allowing us the opportunity.

Genesis is the story of these roots: LINK For the best understanding of the entire Bible, it is necessary to get a grip on the root story Hebrew words tell. A person can literally explore the pictographs to see the overall simplicity in the story that the LOGOS tells. This is the programming language for reality.

The main message in the pictographs is that God is a loving father. We are prodigal sons who are welcomed back in the Father's arms after we have experienced life on our own. We travel into the bondage of Egypt and experience persecution and toil. By learning the message from the monument at the border of Egypt (Isaiah 19:19 - Pyramids), we receive the knowledge to transcend this world as a type of exodus form this current fallen state. The kingdom of God is the universe. Our new body can traverse the universe. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Deuteronomy is our guide to the stars and the law of God in His kingdom is LOVE (Agape). Love God and love your fellow man if you plan on gaining freedom.

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. If you put yourself first in this life by pride, you get out last. If you put yourself last in this life by humility and love, you get out first. "You must be born again." This is not an option. It is the way of the universe. Your soul cannot die. It can rise or fall. That's it. We gain a new body in the water or in the spirit by choice. John 3 explains this clearly. We are not listening.

When Christ returns, those who died in Christ will rise from their essence to form once more. We will live in the millennial kingdom with Christ as He teaches us about the universe and reality. We will learn by walking with God instead of against. At the end of this 1000 years, those who didn't get the message, living by their own pride, will once again live and have a chance to finish Satan or perish with him. Satan is loosed for a time and the God comes to judge the entire exercise in the final judgment. A final judgment implies other judgments. Read Hebrews 9:27-28 and ask yourself who is waiting and where they are waiting. The end of Revelation tells the rest. Earth is remade into a world of light. The universe is also changed by the life of Christ, the first fruit. We are the fruit in the new tree of life. The LOGOS prepares the next story for us.

John 14
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

I would say THE END, but it is only the beginning.

edit on 21-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The post that my idea of learning how each perceives Genesis and Creation...
It answered some of the most nagging questions that I had and I thought it important to entertain other's views.

Link to original thread containing this post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Shane
But why was Lilith left out?

This is a question which can cause nothing but undue stress and conflicting arguements which can never be answered, but only pondered.

We must remember one thing here, when considering this.

What is the Bible about?

Genesis chapter 1, deals in specific with "The Creation Story" or "The Recreation Story".

On the 6th Day, along with the multitude of Living things "Created and/or Recreated" man, (both male and female) where created. This encompasses the Global "Creation/Recreation" day. The Fishes and the Fowls and the Beasts and the creepth things, ALONG WITH MAN.

Lilith is part of the SIXTH DAY CREATION. She may very well have had interaction with a man created after the day of rest to till GOD's Garden. That man was Adam. He is unique from the Sixth Day Creation/Recreation Man in one way. He was a farmer. Not the Hunter/Gatherer, which is clearly noted on the Sixth Day.

There is also the other concern when speaking of "These Days". 24 Hours? 1 Week? 1000 Years? 1 Progression of the Equinox?

The main point here is that Lilith, is a Sixth Day Creation.

When we look to Chapter 2 in Genesis, what is the Topic? The need to have one to tend the Garden. It is ALL ABOUT ADAM. It ends with the "CREATION" of Eve. The topic here has been mentioned in passing, but the relevant matter that must be remembered is, there was none LIKE Adam to be his mate/wife.

The Topic now could devolve into some areas of racial fingerpointing, but I wish everyone to remember, if GOD looked and found the Creation/Recreation Man, [both male and female, which he made in "OUR" (collectively speaking) image], was GOOD, then who has a right to argue otherwise. Adam had no one like him, because he was created seperate from the Sixth Day. He was not part of that time, SOOOOOO, his interactions with Lilith, or anyone else for that matter, would have little bearing on the TOPIC of Genesis Chapter 2.

Genesis Chpater 3 deals with the TWO SEEDS, and how they got along. Cain and Abel didn't end up very good.

Genesis Chapter 4, deals with that SEED of the Serpent, and his Bloodline thru his son Cain.

Genesis Chapter 5 Deals with ADAM's Bloodline thru his son Seth.

And the balance of the Old Testament follows that specific Bloodline thru to Christ.

Some may argue it's not quite as simple as this, but it really is. The Bible (Old Testament) gives us a Family Line from Adam to Christ. Of course there are the Teachings, Laws, and Moral Stories we are to learn from and follow, but the general simple fact is, from Noah, [the only one left which had a pure pedigree from Adam, unblemished by Sexual Activities spoken about in Chapter 6, with the Fallen] thru to Abraham, and then Moses, and David to Christ is the main story line.

Now, why was Lilith left out?

She's not part of that Story Line. She has nothing at all to do with anything that GOD had to tell Moses (The Books of Moses). She has nothing to do with Christ or his family.

SO why include someone who has little to do with the Family Line?

Just my few cents on the subject. I did not note anyone had considered this, and whether there is merit in looking at this from this perspective.

Ciao

Shane

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

God gave us two choices for education: Either we eat of the fruit of knowledge as we walk with God as the teacher, or we walk alone and toil the ground to earn our way back to perfection. We made the choice of pride. Ultimately, this was the plan all along. One of our purposes was to defeat the being known as Satan. There are various stories describing why this was the case, but the Bible eventually gets to the mystery in Ephesians. A greater purpose is in store for man if he succeeds. My thought is that we are the 1/3 of heaven that fell with Satan. The veil over the temple is the veil over our minds. We are not permitted to remember the former estate of our soul. We must live by faith. Baptism is the immersion into the water of the material world. Spirit is the higher state of existence.

edit on 21-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Wonderful post and I thank you for taking the time to write this. I truly enjoyed reading this and I especially was drawn to your thought that we are the 1/3 of heaven that fell with Satan. I have never entertained this thought before, nor have I heard anyone else speak of this.
I definitely want research this more..thank you again for sharing.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

thank you 4 this thread i will elaborate my mind on later ,but 4 now i want to address this quote

What I would like to ask you all is to explain to me in as much detail and you can how YOU understand/interpret the creation of man and other aspects of Genesis. Feel free to just state how you understand it, or even seperate from Chapter to Chapter...completely up to you.

everyone that is an adult here should do just that AND NOT PUT OTHERS DOWN 4 ther point of view ..if you have a theory that is want i want to read so i can open mi mind more . then not only do i have my view ,but everyone that will post the mind AND NOT HAVE SUCH SMALL CLOSED MIND 2 JUMP ON OTHERS only because they do not share the one u have been in bondage with SOME OF US HERE WANT to get to the highest plateau then from ther we can forge r spirit n 2 take flight (':

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

So he created the heavens and earth before light? Which means he created the heavens and earth in the dark!!!!!!!!

Wow, this God dude is GOOD!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaplateausFlight

in my address to ur quote
i was trying to back u up on what u were saying i would have edited it but i wanted everyone 2 no that i did not change after some one posted !!! n i forgot 2 let u know i feel in my heart that we will some were b on that last (mega) plateau

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaplateausFlight

thank you 4 this thread i will elaborate my mind on later ,but 4 now i want to address this quote

What I would like to ask you all is to explain to me in as much detail and you can how YOU understand/interpret the creation of man and other aspects of Genesis. Feel free to just state how you understand it, or even seperate from Chapter to Chapter...completely up to you.

everyone that is an adult here should do just that AND NOT PUT OTHERS DOWN 4 ther point of view ..if you have a theory that is want i want to read so i can open mi mind more . then not only do i have my view ,but everyone that will post the mind AND NOT HAVE SUCH SMALL CLOSED MIND 2 JUMP ON OTHERS only because they do not share the one u have been in bondage with SOME OF US HERE WANT to get to the highest plateau then from ther we can forge r spirit n 2 take flight (':

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaplateausFlight
reply to post by MegaplateausFlight

in my address to ur quote
i was trying to back u up on what u were saying i would have edited it but i wanted everyone 2 no that i did not change after some one posted !!! n i forgot 2 let u know i feel in my heart that we will some were b on that last (mega) plateau

Thank you so much.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Again, read that link. It explains that the creater EaEnki was the G_d, A Genesis Scientist. A permanent power struggle with his brother made the brother turn everything about him to look evil and outlawed his name. He was the serpent.

It is the most all encompassing summary I have ever read.
edit on 22-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by visualmiscreant Actually, the author of the book "The Seven Daughters of Eve" who is a Genetic Scientist traces all of us back to one woman through mitochondrial DNA,

that i s a great read ('
') you have to leave to 2 a great mind to bring that to the table ('
') on this discussion of this thread and i wish that u would have brought up more more of that book cause u are good with words . the thing that i found i want u to explain is the alien DNA

as 4 this next quote by lonewolf19792000

and all men back to one man (doesn't work that way for women because of the chromosomes). It's a good read... You can't trace men back through mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA can only be traced through the females line. The mitochondrial DNA in a man would read the same as his mothers, there is nothing traceable from the fathers line.

i did not think that it was a man that was mentioned in DNA it is best by this quote from visualmiscreant

and all men back to one man (doesn't work that way for women because of the chromosomes).

so it is the chromosomes 4 the man
FURTHERMORE why not just give us ur take on the matter and not waist energy to arguing the master of this thread already said

PLEASE, if this is NOT discussion to look down upon anyone for their own personal belief

i am interested in seeing others minds even yours
THANKS
i want us ALL 2 be on the last plateau were are spirits forge the last flight

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I understand it as a coded means of communicating the sacred geometry of how everything came to be:

seeing how u understand will u give me a summary of with your mind in on cus i can only get 1/2 the page then i only still have my mind and without ue side ur data no double the space on my mind

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Again, read that link. It explains that the creater EaEnki was the G_d, A Genesis Scientist. A permanent power struggle with his brother made the brother turn everything about him to look evil and outlawed his name. He was the serpent.

It is the most all encompassing summary I have ever read.
edit on 22-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

I was actually just reading it. I still have quite a ways to go to finish it, but hoping to before I go on to sleep. Thank you for sharing an interesting read with me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
All of mankind started in heaven. They did not interact like the angels did in heaven in the beginning. More so like a placeholder. When God in Genesis said be fruitful and multiply in number, he was talking to all of mankind at once in heaven, as Adam and Eve was not on the Earth yet.

Also, the Bible is not a history book, it does not tell everything specific thing that happened. Other people were put onto the Earth after Adam and Eve in close proximity but not too close. This is how you seen Adams son go off and have children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join