It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

They want you to pay more taxes

page: 1
8

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
First off heres the link www.msnbc.msn.com...

Second the Republicans figured out we need to raise taxes to make more money to run the government. Instead of rasing the taxes on the more wealthy they would rather raise them on the less wealthy. Looks like the still believe in the trickle down effect.

Why they are against extending these payroll taxes because they say they would rather look to the long term and that these short term tax brakes will not make the economy grow.

I think this part of the story is intersting.

For decades the payroll tax generated more revenue than the Social Security paid out in benefits. The excess was used to fund other government operations. Last year, however, Social Security benefits began outstripping revenue from its designated sources, forcing the program to start tapping its "trust fund" of government obligations.


Why, would they not save the money for latter on sounds like big government wants to expand to fast and now we have the hole world shaking in fear because we are not growing as fast.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint
 


To me the real story is that Obama wants to extend the ten year income tax break GW Bush put forth, normally Republicans scream and stomp that they don't want to raise taxes...no one should pay taxes etc. Really at this moment they are screaming that they didn't mean you and I and your average american shouldn't pay taxes, just that the top tier and the corporate bastards that are destroying us shouldn't pay taxes.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


I agree they deffintly don't want to pay taxes but that the majority should. It seems as if Obama is already trying to get reelected with saying not to raise taxes. thats the question how many bs lies are we being told. or are the parties switching wouldnt be the first time it has happend.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint
 


I heard this on the news today. Economists have all said that cutting payroll tax on the working class is the easiest way to spur jobs, and I agree. The more money in an average workers pocket, the more they will spend. This spending equates to more jobs, all of which are funded increased spending, not government contracts. Its a pretty simple idea with a big impact. I wish they would just suspend all payroll taxes for a few years just to test the theory on a more dramatic scale.

But, yeah, what is up with the establishment Republicans that vote no for increased taxes for the rich, and when it comes to increased taxes for the middle class they flip them the bird.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto
 


It would be nice to put alot of economy ideas to the test but we would have to deal with the negatives if there were to be any so typicaly they try to stay out of the dramtic movements and then we end up with unconclusive results.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Doublemint
 


To me the real story is that Obama wants to extend the ten year income tax break GW Bush put forth, normally Republicans scream and stomp that they don't want to raise taxes...no one should pay taxes etc. Really at this moment they are screaming that they didn't mean you and I and your average american shouldn't pay taxes, just that the top tier and the corporate bastards that are destroying us shouldn't pay taxes.


They would not have to raise taxes for the rich or the poor if they would simply impose a penalty tax on businesses and corporations that are exporting jobs...If they would just bring back all the outsourced jobs from other countries than they would have enough money to run government. They would also be able to pay down the deficit, the unemployment problems of millions would be solved! and we would have a stable economy! This all could be done so easily! I really dont understand why they refuse to see it would be that easy!



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulenlightenment



They would not have to raise taxes for the rich or the poor if they would simply impose a penalty tax on businesses and corporations that are exporting jobs...If they would just bring back all the outsourced jobs from other countries than they would have enough money to run government. They would also be able to pay down the deficit, the unemployment problems of millions would be solved! and we would have a stable economy! This all could be done so easily! I really dont understand why they refuse to see it would be that easy!


What you fail to understand is that it's the Corporations that tell the government who to tax and how much. It's all about maximizing profits not social or economic responsibility.

We no longer live in a democratic republic...we live in a corporate oligarchy.
edit on 22-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Because our "leaders" think the gov't is a business.
Raise taxes to pay for their mindless spending habits.

Instead of doing what needs done.

The true solution is simple.
More jobs = more people to tax.
More jobs = more revenue.
Less jobs = less people to tax.

So, instead of focusing on the obvious solution, they think raising taxes on the people that do work now will be the answer to their needs. To me, is apparent they are all idiots and only care about their income.








posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's all part of the GOP plan to fight Obama every step of the way when it comes to economic recovery, or even just looking out for the little guy.

Even if it means the GOP has to vote no to cutting taxes.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Obama wants to extend tax cuts for payroll taxes.

The GOP wants to end this tax cut, effectively raising taxes on working stiffs who will see less in their paycheck. The corporations of course will not feel any pain from this tax hike.

Where are your Tea Party gods now?
One thing is for certain, you won't see any of the usual GOP-cheer leaders in this thread, because this shows the GOP's true colors.

Raise taxes on or end tax breaks for multi-billion dollar corporations? Oh the horror.

Jack up taxes on the lower income working class? Absolutely, they're just peons, no one gives a crap what they think.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
More good information available here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by soulenlightenment
 


I don't think so I think the corperations might just get up and move all together.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
When Obama lowered the FICA contribution by 2%, he put a little bit of cash in every wage earner's pockets. That's a positive thing, right? Well, it depends on how you look at it.

Social Security was sold and designed as sort of a savings account, or insurance (thus the "contribution" and "benefit" terms associated with it, even though it's nothing more than a tax). So, in effect, when he lowered the "contribution" amount he robbed the piggy bank and circumvented the whole reason behind it. You can't have a savings if you pull money out of it.

It's almost certain that even if anyone noticed that their paycheck was slightly bulkier, they probably didn't put it together that the 2% they just gained (and spent), is 2% they won't have when they turn 62. And it's even more unlikely that any significant amount of people took that extra 2% and put it aside for savings or, heaven forbid, invested it.

The way I've heard it from the Progressives is that grandma absolutely [can't live without even one dime being taken from her SS check. And yet our Lord and Savior Obama took 2%. Interesting, isn't it, that now that the GOP wants to restore that 2%, they get kicked in the teeth and called evil, greedy elitists by the very same people that that throw a hissy any time someone even hints at SS reform?

/TOA



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
First off heres the link www.msnbc.msn.com...

Second the Republicans figured out we need to raise taxes to make more money to run the government. Instead of rasing the taxes on the more wealthy they would rather raise them on the less wealthy. Looks like the still believe in the trickle down effect.

Why they are against extending these payroll taxes because they say they would rather look to the long term and that these short term tax brakes will not make the economy grow.

I think this part of the story is intersting.

For decades the payroll tax generated more revenue than the Social Security paid out in benefits. The excess was used to fund other government operations. Last year, however, Social Security benefits began outstripping revenue from its designated sources, forcing the program to start tapping its "trust fund" of government obligations.


Why, would they not save the money for latter on sounds like big government wants to expand to fast and now we have the hole world shaking in fear because we are not growing as fast.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)



When 51% of American citizen pay no taxes at all, I will side with the republicans.

Take responsibility for yourself and pay your fair share. Why should those more fortunate carry your weight?

Because you believe it's their moral obligation?!

I'm sorry to inform you of this but nobody owes you anything.



new topics

top topics



 
8

log in

join