It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first ghost photo..(edit)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A few months back i was walking my young son around an old army base, that was right down the road from our old house. Most of the old buildings are still there, some boarded up and some are still in use. I was taking some quick pictures. After reviewing the pics later on, i noticed a creepy-ass face in the top left window.

EDIT: Used the photobucket editor and zoomed to the window with the face. I also uploaded other pics of the house in question. Just created photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I see the face, are you absolutely SURE noone else was in the house? when was the pic taken? time of day? house's history?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You sure someone wasnt inside the building? Doesnt look like a ghost, just looks like a guy lookin out the window from inside the room.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is indeed a person looking from the window. But that house is occupied considering that there is an aircon installed in the lower right window.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I played with it in some editing software and sharpened it and highlighted it and you can clearly see a neck and shoulders and what looks like hair down to the jaw line. It sure is very creepy.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It was late in the day, after 4. It was a sunday and the building was empty. It has a sign out front that says it is being used for Civil Air Patrol, or something. I have other pics of the building from different angles and will upload them right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

was anyone else there when you were taking photos?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Nope, just my son and i. The closest people were pretty far from that spot, on the other side of the base almost.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

looks like a human skull. im assuming this was edited in

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

im gonna say some punk kid looking out for authorities !

go back take more pics see if "it" returns !

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Have you been inside the building?

It looks like it is a painting on the wall. If it isn't that person would be extremely short.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Hippo45 because: Saw new picture

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hippo45
It looks like it is a painting on the wall.

...i think it looks like a poster of david bowie...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
No, because i have been back to the house and snapped more pictures and captured nothing. I even went at night and shined a light up there, just to make sure it wasn't a mannequin, art or some statue and nothing was there.

i uploaded a few different pictures i took of the house during the same time. I have not been in the building. I wanted to go when someone was actually inside and talk to them, and show the picture to whoever was there, and possibly get some pics and do an evp session upstairs, but i was unable too. My family and i had to move on short notice and i did not get the chance too.
edit on 21-8-2011 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think it is "he who should not be named."

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Why would you go at night? If it was a painting on the wall you would be able to replicate the picture by going back at daylight.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure what this means, but something I noticed while looking at the other pictures you posted is that in one you can see the same "flesh-color" farther to the right inside the window. It does not seem possible to make out whether it is the same face, or even a face at all, and as long as the angle isn't throwing off my observation, I would guess someone was inside and moving around the window.

The "face" was still creepy in that I couldn't make out any eyes or individual lips/features, almost like a mannequin looks. Just strange-looking in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
...i was wrong... its not a poster of david bowie... its peter noone of herman's hermits fame...

www.corrieblog.tv...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Any clue why that particular section of the window is the only one that was clear. You cannot seen inside any other section of that window. It is as if someone wants to notice the face. I am going to suggest that this is a hoax. Not necessarily perpetrated by you. We have a few creepy house in my town, and sometimes the local kids like to put things in the windows, or even a flashlight in the middle of a room. Makes for a good ghost story.

On the bottom right window in the second tick tac toe square from the top there is a little section where you can see through. If you blow the picture up good I believe I see a tiny little eyeball.
edit on 8/21/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It probably was the custodian. People have to maintain old buildings so it doesn't become dilapidated.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hippo45

Why would you go at night? If it was a painting on the wall you would be able to replicate the picture by going back at daylight.

I went the same day i took the picture.

I had to wait until my girlfriend came home from work, as i said i had my son with me. I went because i was so surprised about the possibility of it being an actual ghost. I was curious and went back to see it again and i saw nothing.

The building was empty. I have been to that base hundreds of times and they do not work there on Sunday. It was completely empty. No cars in the parking lot, no visible lights coming from inside, no computer monitors, televisions, or a light bulb, nothing to indicate any "living" person to be inside.

The base is open to the public, If you are ever in Delaware, stop by and take you own photos and see for yourself.
I also have to mention This military base was active during the civil war and was originally part of Fort Delaware, or "pea patch island", the POW camp where a lot of death occurred. I am not saying they are related, just showing that area has some paranormal history.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join