It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best combinations of weapons that works in reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
is this weapon combination: M4A1 Carbine, M249 Saw, Barret M107, XM25 CDTE, and FGM-148 Javelin are the best combinations of weapons that will works on Reality?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
how are you gonna carry all that gear man?
My fave, bazooka with a chainsaw bayonette

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
how are you gonna carry all that gear man?
My fave, bazooka with a chainsaw bayonette

how many people that it takes to carry these gear as teams: M4A1 Carbine, M249 Saw, Barret M107, XM25 CDTE, and FGM-148 Javelin
edit on 21/8/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

That's not to survive Armageddon, that's to become it!!

Damn, here I live in a country where customs inspects any sort of weapon, even if it's a 2" folding utility blade from chine... only cost $2.60 with free shipping..

Javelins, aye....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The best weapon combination for ground ops occurs in the air & is comprised of either an AC-130 or Apache. No troop weapons system, whatever its composition, can easily stand against or match these technologies.

As for ground weapon system proper, the overall best for reliability, manueverability, & firepower goes to the M240B (in my opinion). Some say, "Oh, but a kalashnikov is so reliable!" Panzees.

It really depends on what your role and/or objective is, which is why weapon systems are tailored to meet specific OBJs. So long as you can employ it well, then that's the best combination to be had.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Axebo because: edited for clarity.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The best weapon you have that works in reality is right between your ears. Unfortunately a lot of people have no grip on reality and thus can not use what they have been given! This is not meant to deride anyone here as the people here tend to at least question reality if not see through the illusion.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i always found crying like a girl and running away works quite well.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thats quite the gettup you want for a combination there son. But ya know what weapon is the best of all? It's about 4-5 lbs. So quiet that a fly's fart is louder, so easily concealable that no one, not even airport security can detect it, has infinite range, and has been known to cause the death of millions. --- THE HUMAN BRAIN -- This little piece of magic you can bring anywhere, and if you know how to use it, it can get you out of anywhere as well. You don't want the life expectancy of a heavy weapons operator do you? I sure don't

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

All you need is a paperclip.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Take into account the technology of common body armor, the only things i can think of to circumvent these defenses are fire and electricity. Well, theres a couple weapons I didnt recognize in the OP.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
how many people that it takes to carry these gear as teams: M4A1 Carbine, M249 Saw, Barret M107, XM25 CDTE, and FGM-148 Javelin
edit on 21/8/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

M4A1 - 1 person
M249 Saw - 1 person
Barret M107 - 2 people (shooter and spotter)
XM25 - 1 person
FGM-148 Javelin - 2 people (shooter and loader)

If I were looking to outfit a squad, I would choose a different setup. I would probably go with:

Kimber Desert Warrior
HK416
HK21
M21 SWS
Mk. 19 Grenade Launcher

The Kimber Desert Warrior is a modernized 1911 chambered for the .45acp round. It also has an accessory rail for a laser or flashlight.

The HK416 is a bit more reliable and maintenance free than the M4. Reliability is key.

The HK21 fires the 7.62x51 round. It has better range and accuracy than the M249 Saw and weighs less than the M60.

The M21 is an accurazed M14 which also fires the 7.62x51 round. It can't take out targets from a mile away but will make an excellent designated marksman rifle.

The Mk.19 Grenade Launcher with require a team of at least 2. Firing 60-round link belts of 40mm grenades. You should be able to do some damage against whatever armor or helicopter support comes your way.

top topics

join