It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 9
35
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


They are dropping green?
There's no change ON the tree they just drop, or the change is quick (like days) and they drop?
Do you show buds in place for next season?




posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nothing unusual is happening here in MN, but i would like to know why this phenomina is happenning in other places. This is why i believe it is the Sun poking it's bad rays thru our atmosphere. Our earths defenses are going down. The earth's shield is being pushed asside. WHY? What is causing this? The sun will bombard us with an unusual amounts of bad rays, why? This, LEAF thing, may be the sign of things TO COME.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by Iwinder
 


They are dropping green?
There's no change ON the tree they just drop, or the change is quick (like days) and they drop?
Do you show buds in place for next season?

No they are dropping brown and have been for the past 3 weeks and then some.
The two worst of our trees started dropping the odd leaf here and there about the first week of July.
Then as I said about the third week of July all hell broke lose here......bags and bags of leaves.
They are turning brown on the trees and it seems to be the NE facing area that starts then is slowly but surly goes across the tree to the SW.
When you grab a handful of these leaves and crush them up they look like "Special K Cereal" but a lot more dusty and would probably need a lot more milk to help get them down without choking.


Thanks for asking and if you have any ideas please add to the thread.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


I'm just outside Toronto.

Haven't seen anything that strange, but will keep my eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 



Look for unusual hole marks on the leaves, look at lots of leaves, including the green ones, especially the green ones. Look for a yellowing spot on green leaves or a dark area on a green leaf. THAT, is the smoking gun that the sunlight hit there and this is where the leaf started to die. Take pics of a whole bunch of leaves that look like that and post on here, ok.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sumgai
reply to post by Iwinder
 


I'm just outside Toronto.

Haven't seen anything that strange, but will keep my eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me here, I have heard from Montreal to Kentucky on this thread of the very same thing I describe in my opening post.
The more eyes the better they say.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Greetings all I am dropping in because a while back on the thread somebody mentioned my blog, witsendnj.

I am in a sad way rather thrilled that you have all noticed that vegetation is not behaving normally, because that is what I have noticed myself, beginning in 2008.

What I saw then was an abrupt and bizarre wilting of leaves on trees. As a life-long gardener and tree lover, this caused me great concern and so I began to search for any information I could find. For quite a while I was convinced that it was a result of long-term warmer and drier conditions (or more erratic, infrequent but heavier precipitation) from climate change...and I still do feel that eventually, that will likely doom our trees.

However, a number of empirical factual observations made that explanation premature. Something else is going on.

Along those lines, keep in mind these empirical facts:

1. There is a general, universal trend towards tree decline. All ages, all species, all locations.

2. There has been an enormous amount of scientific research that is largely ignored, which indicates that plants are even more sensitive than people are to air pollution. And only idiots deny that air pollution causes fatal conditions like cancer, emphysema, and heart disease, never mind is linked to asthma, allergies, ADHD, autism and diabetes. So imagine how the poor plants are faring.

3. Ozone damages foliage in very specific, visible ways (and also damages plants before this is obvious). Leaves are stippled, stomates that absorb ozone cannot produce chlorophyll so the leaves lose color, veins become pronounced, eventually they curl and shrivel up and turn brown...they can also turn fall color early. Pine needles turn yellow and the older, inner ones fall off.

4. Just like a person whose immune system is damaged by AIDS and they die from cancer or pneumonia, a tree with a compromised immune system (and they do have them!) is more vulnerable to attacks from insects, disease (bacteria), fungus. Because they are working overtime to produce more foliage, and also to produce more seeds, cones, and nuts in a desperate effort to reproduce, they allocate less energy to their roots and so are more likely to blow over in wind.

5. Those cankers someone noticed are the same as cancerous tumors in people. They kill the tree.

6. Most professional foresters, government regulators and of course lobbyists for energy industry will do anything to deny and bury this information...and most people let them - because the only solution is to stop burning oil and gas for energy, conserve like crazy, and switch to clean sources on an emergency basis.

Anything else is not going to save us from ultimately, ecosystem collapse. Remember that most trees would live for HUNDREDS of years absent human impacts. It is NOT normal for them to be dropping leaves, having branches break off, or fall over.

Oh, and it's also well established by the experts that BILLIONS of dollars are lost every year in agriculture from crop yield and quality stunted by exposure to ozone.

It's hard to imagine, I know. I had a hard time (to put it mildly) as I learned about this. Consider...you know that if you go in a garage and shut the door and leave the car running you are going to die of exposure to carbon monoxide. You can't see it or smell it - but then, you can't see or smell oxygen and you know you breathe it, right?

Well, the earth is like a giant, closed garage, and we've been running engines and emitting volatile organic compounds never seen in earth's history before the industrial revolution and the level of toxic tropospheric ozone is building up and up...and the trees and plants are being suffocated.

It's a big problem and it is going to take a huge change in course to fix. But the alternative is famine.

Anyone who wants to talk to me about this is welcome to email witsendnj at yahoo

And thanks for reading.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
From new york I am, and everyone I've been talking to is noticing all of the acorns are falling prematurely.

They are little tiny baby acorns, and my entire property is covered in them.

Never seen anything like this before, and neither has my fellow new yorkers.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Someone posted strange lights in melborne on here. I wonder with all these strange lights goings on in the world, i wonder if this has something to do with the o-zone our shield depleting. I will post on here what i find about strange lights. Maybe we can get to the bottom of this phenomina and what is causing this LEAF PHENOMINA also. I think it is the loss of o-zone and the suns rays are getting worse and i can only see in the months ahead of it getting even worse than one could ever immagine. pay attention to your cell phones people loss of signal. My theory.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hey OP - I live in Tennessee and a few weeks ago in Knoxville - I noticed the maple across the street turned yellow, and has dropped about 30 percent of the yellow leaves. My b/f noticed it two weeks ago and said how odd it was. I about forgot about it till tonight - seeing this post. Glad it isn't just our tree - but worried that so many are doing this. Our color changes usually last for a while, and certainly not this early. Thanks for the heads up.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitsEndNJ
Greetings all I am dropping in because a while back on the thread somebody mentioned my blog, witsendnj.

I am in a sad way rather thrilled that you have all noticed that vegetation is not behaving normally, because that is what I have noticed myself, beginning in 2008.

What I saw then was an abrupt and bizarre wilting of leaves on trees. As a life-long gardener and tree lover, this caused me great concern and so I began to search for any information I could find. For quite a while I was convinced that it was a result of long-term warmer and drier conditions (or more erratic, infrequent but heavier precipitation) from climate change...and I still do feel that eventually, that will likely doom our trees.

However, a number of empirical factual observations made that explanation premature. Something else is going on.

Along those lines, keep in mind these empirical facts:

1. There is a general, universal trend towards tree decline. All ages, all species, all locations.

2. There has been an enormous amount of scientific research that is largely ignored, which indicates that plants are even more sensitive than people are to air pollution. And only idiots deny that air pollution causes fatal conditions like cancer, emphysema, and heart disease, never mind is linked to asthma, allergies, ADHD, autism and diabetes. So imagine how the poor plants are faring.

3. Ozone damages foliage in very specific, visible ways (and also damages plants before this is obvious). Leaves are stippled, stomates that absorb ozone cannot produce chlorophyll so the leaves lose color, veins become pronounced, eventually they curl and shrivel up and turn brown...they can also turn fall color early. Pine needles turn yellow and the older, inner ones fall off.

4. Just like a person whose immune system is damaged by AIDS and they die from cancer or pneumonia, a tree with a compromised immune system (and they do have them!) is more vulnerable to attacks from insects, disease (bacteria), fungus. Because they are working overtime to produce more foliage, and also to produce more seeds, cones, and nuts in a desperate effort to reproduce, they allocate less energy to their roots and so are more likely to blow over in wind.

5. Those cankers someone noticed are the same as cancerous tumors in people. They kill the tree.

6. Most professional foresters, government regulators and of course lobbyists for energy industry will do anything to deny and bury this information...and most people let them - because the only solution is to stop burning oil and gas for energy, conserve like crazy, and switch to clean sources on an emergency basis.

Anything else is not going to save us from ultimately, ecosystem collapse. Remember that most trees would live for HUNDREDS of years absent human impacts. It is NOT normal for them to be dropping leaves, having branches break off, or fall over.

Oh, and it's also well established by the experts that BILLIONS of dollars are lost every year in agriculture from crop yield and quality stunted by exposure to ozone.

It's hard to imagine, I know. I had a hard time (to put it mildly) as I learned about this. Consider...you know that if you go in a garage and shut the door and leave the car running you are going to die of exposure to carbon monoxide. You can't see it or smell it - but then, you can't see or smell oxygen and you know you breathe it, right?

Well, the earth is like a giant, closed garage, and we've been running engines and emitting volatile organic compounds never seen in earth's history before the industrial revolution and the level of toxic tropospheric ozone is building up and up...and the trees and plants are being suffocated.

It's a big problem and it is going to take a huge change in course to fix. But the alternative is famine.

Anyone who wants to talk to me about this is welcome to email witsendnj at yahoo

And thanks for reading.

If I could I would star this post 100 times and then some, I am almost speechless here but not quite.
You are my friend and you obviously know what your talking about and you know what I am saying.
Beautiful is all I can say and please add more to this thread if you can.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DunkdaMonk
From new york I am, and everyone I've been talking to is noticing all of the acorns are falling prematurely.

They are little tiny baby acorns, and my entire property is covered in them.

Never seen anything like this before, and neither has my fellow new yorkers.

I agree, here we really have no Acorns to speak of they are so small they really can't be called acorns.
The squirrels here are going mad eating all or our budding plants or just eating the flowers themselves here.
Thanks for the input and thanks for mentioning where you are from.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by karendva
Hey OP - I live in Tennessee and a few weeks ago in Knoxville - I noticed the maple across the street turned yellow, and has dropped about 30 percent of the yellow leaves. My b/f noticed it two weeks ago and said how odd it was. I about forgot about it till tonight - seeing this post. Glad it isn't just our tree - but worried that so many are doing this. Our color changes usually last for a while, and certainly not this early. Thanks for the heads up.

More and more people adding to this thread and they all have a common theme here.
Leaves dropping dead or turning very early in the season.
I almost feel vindicated that I was found not to be the only one to notice this, however I am greatly saddened to discover the scope of this problem.
Thanks very much karendva for the information!
excellent post indeed.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
its the same here in the UK


my grape vine in my back garden is turning purple, never seen that before so it maybe a a nut problem not sure, the leafs are dropping on all trees too, looks like an early /very early fall is in full swing



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
its the same here in the UK


my grape vine in my back garden is turning purple, never seen that before so it maybe a a nut problem not sure, the leafs are dropping on all trees too, looks like an early /very early fall is in full swing

This is indeed scary/worrisome to say the least and I thank you very much for adding yet another area of the world where something is not just quite right.
I put more faith in people who like to garden then I ever will in the news reports.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here is some of strange lights in sky, some of these are well known and talked about, some are not. watch Transformers exploding all over in some states. www.youtube.com... also, www.youtube.com... and the well known norway spiral www.youtube.com... and this www.youtube.com...
Also, this older woman, www.youtube.com... very strange.
edit on 22-8-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I would guess it's the silent killer......radiation! Do we really expect to see no issues in North America, or though out the world for that matter?



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
I would guess it's the silent killer......radiation! Do we really expect to see no issues in North America, or though out the world for that matter?

Yes that has been thrown about on this thread and I take the possible cause/threat very seriously here.
Thanks for adding this to the thread.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe because of this is why we have this sun problem and other weird phenomina now days follow what this person says lanl.arxiv.org...

edit on 22-8-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting how someone can start a thread showing some dead leaves with holes in them and everything from aliens to radiation from Japan is the obvious cause?

Along the same line, I've noticed that since the release of radiation at the Japan electric station and the recent landing of a strange craft in our beckyard, my cat has been expressing itsself more...





new topics

top topics



 
35
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join