It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I live in Southern Ontario and the flowering crabtree in my backyard has been dropping its leaves since mid July. I shouldn't be able to see my neighbours back porch through my kitchen window until September but i've been able to for the past couple of weeks. The Basswood has been doing the same and the leaves on the Lilac look strange, kinda crispy, for want of a better word.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Found this on a local news channel

www.wgme.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonnaLynn
Funny you should mention this because it was literally raining red and yellow leaves today! They are all over! It just makes me so sad to see all of this!

To add to it, I am in Northeastern Pa.
edit on 22-8-2011 by DonnaLynn because: moronic idiocy

Thanks for the input Donna and the fact that your gave you location, I personally just me I mean thinks that something major is going down and we all are going to be witnesses to it.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 22-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It's chemically linked. Ergo, some chemical that triggers leaf die off is more abundant for whatever reason.

The tree isn't dying. It's simply preparing for winter.

For all you know, this is indicative of a wild early winter.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Interesting thread. Here in Scotland(West Coast) we have had a problem this year with the cherry blossom trees. All was well, they were in full flower then they just withered away. We have 3 and all 3 are now without a leaf and have been like that since late July. My next door neighbors cherry blossom tree is the same.

Another interesting observation made by my wife, who tends our huge garden is that the grass is as green as she has ever seen it this year. She has commented many times especially as she has been having to cut the grass as often as 3 times a week this summer. Where we live we barely get a summer and this year has been no different.

Things are strange and I believe this blue planet we live on is telling us something.

Respects

Thanks very much for the input captiva.......sorry to hear it is not just here in North America but seems to a world wide problem.
"withered away" is the same as our Maple trees here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by i8miceb4
I live in Southern Ontario and the flowering crabtree in my backyard has been dropping its leaves since mid July. I shouldn't be able to see my neighbours back porch through my kitchen window until September but i've been able to for the past couple of weeks. The Basswood has been doing the same and the leaves on the Lilac look strange, kinda crispy, for want of a better word.

This is what I have been noticing my post was about Maples and I do believe that they are the hardest hit right now.
But our neighbours cherry tree has looked like crap now for over a month......Yellow leaves and no fruit.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Iwinder

It's chemically linked. Ergo, some chemical that triggers leaf die off is more abundant for whatever reason.

The tree isn't dying. It's simply preparing for winter.

For all you know, this is indicative of a wild early winter.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

I wish I was as positive as you are about my Maples here, we have many many thousands of dollars invested in our yard and I cannot sit back and just think that this is an early winter coming.
No I cannot as I know and the wife knows this is a first time occurrence, trust me here I know my yard and I know my plants and trees and something is really really hokey this year.
Thanks so much for adding to this thread, don't think I am all negative to suggestions but I do know Gardening 101
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FedSen
Found this on a local news channel

www.wgme.com...

Thanks for the link, now is it because of a wet spring or because of a drought or because of the sun or or or.....
Great information but it all seems to conflict with the next bit of imformation.
Again thank you for the post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Hi Iwinder,

This seems to be happening on a large scale because even here, on the West Coast of Canada, we are experiencing what can only be called weird weather...we had NO summer this year -- I mean not even a teeny, tiny one. It wasn't even warm. And I live inland in one of the usually hotter spots in the valley (where all the teens head to party on long weekends), except I am 3500 feet up in the mountains.

While last year, my hubby and I used to be so grateful for the 10-12 degree difference we enjoyed up here under our tall shade trees (especially after a trip into town), this year we had only one occasion to say that. No on-going heat, minimal sunshine...just a lot of rain, cold (even through June and July) and clouds and...weird weather.

Just the other day, I pointed out to that same hubby that one type of crawling ground ivy was dying...a good 6 weeks before it did last year. And that some of the trees on our property are turning and even dropping their leafs...but isn't that supposed to happen in late October?...unless they moved Halloween up on me? (Hey, I'm getting old...anything's possible.) So the trees are behaving rather oddly, too...and the fact they are turning in my yard doesn't mean the same thing is happening everywhere, as would be expected. Nope. Some turn here, others haven't changed and still others...are spring-time brilliant green. Hmmmm....change begins in your own back yard?

I have also noticed the shift in the eastern rise in the sun and a few other addities so if I see flowers begin to bloom, I am going to a psychiatrist. Seriously.

GreenIrish

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I believe farmers know more than I could know on these things, I'll tell you that. But I am hopeful. Reason mainly being that as every year goes on, at least for myself in the city and urban areas, it's been feeling colder and colder every year. Then again, I'm part Russian and walk around in shorts when its snowing lol. So maybe I'm just strange.

Here's wishing and praying you a healthy crop next year as our economy gets more worrying.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi,
I live in Canada (Montreal) and in fact here too the trees are dropping their leaves early this year. Usually it is like you, in October, but they are dropping now (August).

I am 30 years old, i lived all my life here and I have never seen that happened. We don't run out of water here, plus we don't have extreme heat. Around 80 to 85. We had a 3, 4 days of huge heat, around 95 but it was in June. In fact, I believe the prophecies are really true and we are really entering a new age.

Peace to all.

reply to post by Iwinder

edit on 22-8-2011 by Blinded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenIrish

Brilliant post, I thank you for the information from the top of my Maples to the bottom of my heart here.
I can't add anything to this post and I hope a lot of people read it for what it says.
Take care there,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Iwinder

I believe farmers know more than I could know on these things, I'll tell you that. But I am hopeful. Reason mainly being that as every year goes on, at least for myself in the city and urban areas, it's been feeling colder and colder every year. Then again, I'm part Russian and walk around in shorts when its snowing lol. So maybe I'm just strange.

Here's wishing and praying you a healthy crop next year as our economy gets more worrying.

Thanks so much for the kind reply to my skeptic reply to your post.
This is what makes ATS so good we can have civilized conversations without resorting to name calling.
Yeah I have seen some videos of those crazy Russians walking around in shorts in the winter.
I am not calling you a crazy Russian..........maybe a frost-free Russian.

Thanks for the input.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 22-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blinded
Hi,
I live in Canada (Montreal) and in fact here too the trees are dropping their leaves early this year. Usually it is like you, in October, but they are dropping now (August).

I am 30 years old, i lived all my life here and I have never seen that happened. We don't run out of water here, plus we don't have extreme heat. Around 80 to 85. We had a 3, 4 days of huge heat, around 95 but it was in June. In fact, I believe the prophecies are really true and we are really entering a new age.

Peace to all.

reply to post by Iwinder

edit on 22-8-2011 by Blinded because: (no reason given)

Thanks for chiming in here, you are the second poster from Montreal to say the very same thing as I see happening here.
It gives my concerns some credit and it should make people realize the scope of the situation here.
Great post my friend.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
SUN'S rays causing burn holes in leaves and causes the leaves to die suddenly and fall off with holes in the leaves. The holes in the leaves is where the suns rays hit it first. SUN is creating havoc and the trees leaves show the proof. It will soon get hotter and we will have a brown christmas this year. All indications point to the suns devastating power and will only get worse by the month. Looks like santa clause will have no snow this year and will have to dress according to the oncomming heat we are about to recieve. SHOCKWAVE, comming to earth and will cause our earths defenses to go down/ all of them and the sun will fry you and everything outside. This process has already started with the suns rays penatrating the earths defenses and these rays you can see what it does to healthy leaves that are green and then die. Our earths sheilds are going down and pretty soon we will start to fry. You will definately know when it happens. Your cell phone will no longer work and that will be the start. Your key to get underground, Next you will loose t.v transmissions, then a power outage, then all electronics as we know it will not work. No water, all electronics will no longer work to pump the water to your home. People will get confused, then riots , then all mayhan will errupt. Watch the signs and take cover. This is what i think might happen very soon. Only a theory of mine, so don't panic, until the cell phones die. Only a theory, but be watchful.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My apples and cherries turned at the end of July, my walnuts, my basswood and quaking aspens are turning now,
I think alot of it has to do with the deep rain we had in spring and then the quick dry and heat we had after,
the important part to me is IF next years buds are in place now, like they should be.
If not then you'll have a dead tree come spring.
Have a look, your buds should be there now for 2012.

Leaf drop or abscission involves complex physiological signals and changes within plants. The process of photosynthesis steadily degrades the supply of chlorophylls in foliage; plants normally replenish chlorophylls during the summer months. When fall arrives and the days are shorter or when plants are drought stressed, deciduous trees decrease chlorophyll pigment production allowing other pigments present in the leaf to become apparent, resulting in non-green colored foliage. The brightest leaf colors are produced when days grow short and nights are cool but remain above freezing. These other pigments include carotenoids that are yellow, brown, and orange. Anthocyanin pigments produce reds and purple colors, though they are not always present in the leaves but are produced in the foliage in late summer when sugars are trapped in the leaves after the process of abscission begins. Parts of the world that have showy displays of bright autumn colors are limited to locations where days become short and nights are cool. In other parts of the world the leaves of deciduous trees simply fall off without turning the bright colors produced from the accumulation of anthocyanin pigments.

Pennsylvania too by the way.
edit on 22-8-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
be prepared for exscuses, like fireworks killed the birds. Watch for that too. Bugs in the trees. I don't think so. If so, then why has this not occurred like this in vast quantities of trees before? What, the bug populations just suddenly exploded and is killing the trees. NNNNNOOOOOOTTTTTT.
Water , floods and then heat. Why has this not occurred before, IN LARGE NUMBERS. Do not just give me a pic, show large numbers.

edit on 22-8-2011 by cloaked4u because: spell error

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
SUN'S rays causing burn holes in leaves and causes the leaves to die suddenly and fall off with holes in the leaves. The holes in the leaves is where the suns rays hit it first. SUN is creating havoc and the trees leaves show the proof. It will soon get hotter and we will have a brown christmas this year. All indications point to the suns devastating power and will only get worse by the month. Looks like santa clause will have no snow this year and will have to dress according to the oncomming heat we are about to recieve. SHOCKWAVE, comming to earth and will cause our earths defenses to go down/ all of them and the sun will fry you and everything outside. This process has already started with the suns rays penatrating the earths defenses and these rays you can see what it does to healthy leaves that are green and then die. Our earths sheilds are going down and pretty soon we will start to fry. You will definately know when it happens. Your cell phone will no longer work and that will be the start. Your key to get underground, Next you will loose t.v transmissions, then a power outage, then all electronics as we know it will not work. No water, all electronics will no longer work to pump the water to your home. People will get confused, then riots , then all mayhan will errupt. Watch the signs and take cover. This is what i think might happen very soon. Only a theory of mine, so don't panic, until the cell phones die. Only a theory, but be watchful.

Nice post, and thanks for the input to this thread here.
I rule nothing out at the moment because this problem so far has many answers and they all conflict with one another at the moment.
I often post in threads regarding the the Government hidey holes (bunkers) so I rule nothing out here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
My apples and cherries turned at the end of July, my walnuts, my basswood and quaking aspens are turning now,
I think alot of it has to do with the deep rain we had in spring and then the quick dry and heat we had after,
the important part to me is IF next years buds are in place now, like they should be.
If not then you'll have a dead tree come spring.
Have a look, your buds should be there now for 2012.

Leaf drop or abscission involves complex physiological signals and changes within plants. The process of photosynthesis steadily degrades the supply of chlorophylls in foliage; plants normally replenish chlorophylls during the summer months. When fall arrives and the days are shorter or when plants are drought stressed, deciduous trees decrease chlorophyll pigment production allowing other pigments present in the leaf to become apparent, resulting in non-green colored foliage. The brightest leaf colors are produced when days grow short and nights are cool but remain above freezing. These other pigments include carotenoids that are yellow, brown, and orange. Anthocyanin pigments produce reds and purple colors, though they are not always present in the leaves but are produced in the foliage in late summer when sugars are trapped in the leaves after the process of abscission begins. Parts of the world that have showy displays of bright autumn colors are limited to locations where days become short and nights are cool. In other parts of the world the leaves of deciduous trees simply fall off without turning the bright colors produced from the accumulation of anthocyanin pigments.

Pennsylvania too by the way.
edit on 22-8-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

Fantastic information in this post, I thank you for the excellent post and including your location which helps some.
The problem here is that our leaves are not turning at all but dropping like flies on dog poop.
It is in the news and every article or video I read/watch is saying a whole different thing about what is causing this.
Thanks again.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
be prepared for exscuses, like fireworks killed the birds. Watch for that too. Bugs in the trees. I don't think so. If so, then why has this not occurred like this in vast quantities of trees before? What, the bug populations just suddenly exploded and is killing the trees. NNNNNOOOOOOTTTTTT.
Water , floods and then heat. Why has this not occurred before, IN LARGE NUMBERS. Do not just give me a pic, show large numbers.

edit on 22-8-2011 by cloaked4u because: spell error

I agree 100% with your post and that is what swayed me to create this thread, why? and what is causing this?
Nobody can say here on this thread that this is not happening because of the responses and the links provided.
Scary times indeed .......especially if your a Maple or any kind of plant.

Regards, Iwinder

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join