It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thDimensionalBeing
reply to post by Iwinder

Dude I live in southern ontario too and our mape trees are losing their leaves like crazy aso. It must be from the heat, those sun rays have been deadly hot this summer. Very strange....

I agree 100% with what you posted, the sun here is just unbelievably hot when it hits you. Is this the cause? I have no idea at this point.
Thanks for the input there.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubba123
reply to post by Iwinder

Maybe this is related to the shift in Magnetic North? If the sun is in the same spot at this time of the year, but the pole is moving further into Siberia, then the other side of the world would "think" it was "moving north". Since mineralized water allows electricity to travel through it, (salt water = good / distilled = bad) then it would make a decent hypothesis that trees can be affected by the pole shift and that the leaves falling early show the effect.

cheers, long time lurker.
Wow thats a good thought for sure, earlier I posted that our trees are dropping leaves first facing the NE then it seems to progress from there towards the SW.....
Almost like bugs marching along but this is not bugs as we had our trees checked out here.
Good stuff and thanks
Regards,Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JayTaylor

Yes same here we have had some really dry summers here and hot too, but nothing compares to this situation. At least not in my life time here on this planet.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

also if it were heat stress the leaves would curl up in a paticular way and there is no sign of that in your pics...

peace
edit on 22-8-2011 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: bad spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Just because the well is working doesn't mean the tree might have water loss, the well could be getting water below the root level.

I wish it was that simple but our well here (sand point) draws from 25 feet down and it draws that water through pure sand as we live only about a quarter mile from the shores of Lake Huron.
Maples have a very shallow root system, so shallow infact that they will rob your lawn of moisture just to sustain themselves so I have read.
Thanks,
Regards,Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Iwinder

You think because you have a well that the trees have water?

Wells are ground water, usually resoivoirs or water tables. Trees gets theirs from rain, which is surface water. Completely different sources.

actually plants and trees get thier water from the hygroscopic water in the ground,they do not and cannot drink surface water.....i would go on but but i think it would be more appropriate for you to maybe goo read a book on soils and then get back me....

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Looking around this afternoon, there are some red maples on a berm next to a semi-busy street.
So we have the trees in a dry, hot wind, with little water. Even though we've had enough rain, the berm dries out first. And, it is between a concrete street and an asphalt parking lot.

There is evidence of leaf scorch. No leaf drop, the leave looks similar but the holes in the picture are spots on these leaves. Some dried out edges.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Maybe I was not clear on my last post, we are on sand here so when we water our yard the water goes down into the ground at a pretty good clip.
We can have a deluge here of 5 inches of rain in a couple of hours and it is gone just as fast as it fell.
No need for a sump pump here at all.
I am all ears though and thanks for the reply's to my post.
I want to know what is causing this so keep them coming here folks.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

hmm god knows what im doing then ! , my plants are in big buckets of water, albiet water with a kick. root osmosis is quite an interesting field of study... one thing roots cannot abide is sunlight, so , in that case there are no roots on the surface, but that depends if the surface is in darkness or not

greenBox

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I should have posted this link in my original post. Anyways this is a city that is over 50 miles from us here and the population there is around 350 thousand so its a fairly big city.
They claim it is drought causing this, our tree guy says it is heat stress, We just don't know here but I can tell you it is not drought here in our yard for a fact.
Link below.
www.lfpress.com...

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 22-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, the grapes harvest is well anticipated this year in Portugal. There are people who is responsible for the Porto wine production who had to finish earlier their holidays because of this.
edit on 22-8-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by funbox

hmm god knows what im doing then ! , my plants are in big buckets of water, albiet water with a kick. root osmosis is quite an interesting field of study... one thing roots cannot abide is sunlight, so , in that case there are no roots on the surface, but that depends if the surface is in darkness or not

greenBox

just curious but what are you growing buckets of water???
i was being pretty general in my last post,hygroscopic water is the water content actaully in the soil,the majority of plants drink this way ,but not all,look at figs and mangroves for example their roots are contantly submerged in water,water lillies live in water,here in australia the eucalyptus trees grow really deep roots looking for groundwater....

sorry op back to topic.....this weird weather we are having could maybe,probabely be better explained by the indiginous peoples of the world,according to an aboriginal guy i know this year in sydney we had 2 spring seasons and no real summerand he tells me this a natural cycle....so who knows...

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Tomatoes of course

and no worries , it makes me wonder if plants and trees are using daylight hours to gauge the season , because as far as i know there hasn't been any disruption to our collective daylight hours. maybe plants change to another stimuli or a combination.

bubbleBox

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by funbox

greenBox

Have you got any good links to share with us peons who's tomatoes don't do so well?
I think I am derailing my own thread here.....LOL
anyways I am serious as our tomatoes are toast this year.
Thanks so much.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Looking around this afternoon, there are some red maples on a berm next to a semi-busy street.
So we have the trees in a dry, hot wind, with little water. Even though we've had enough rain, the berm dries out first. And, it is between a concrete street and an asphalt parking lot.

There is evidence of leaf scorch. No leaf drop, the leave looks similar but the holes in the picture are spots on these leaves. Some dried out edges.

Here it is leaf drop like crazy and I wish we could figure this out, absolutely no lack of water involved here.....at least in our yard.
Thanks so much for your addition to this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666
Well, the grapes harvest is well anticipated this year in Portugal. There are people who is responsible for the Porto wine production who had to finish earlier their holidays because of this.
edit on 22-8-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)
[/quote

Are you saying that the grapes are ready earlier than usual there?
If so that is a very interesting post and I thank you .
This is what I wanted to hear is from people all around the world who take notice of things like our weather.
Much appreciated.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

a quick tip only
, plants like many things can be overfed, understand root osmosis, and never feed to much again !

Osmosis

bellamyBox

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Funny you should mention this because it was literally raining red and yellow leaves today! They are all over! It just makes me so sad to see all of this!

To add to it, I am in Northeastern Pa.
edit on 22-8-2011 by DonnaLynn because: moronic idiocy

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Here in Scotland(West Coast) we have had a problem this year with the cherry blossom trees. All was well, they were in full flower then they just withered away. We have 3 and all 3 are now without a leaf and have been like that since late July. My next door neighbors cherry blossom tree is the same.

Another interesting observation made by my wife, who tends our huge garden is that the grass is as green as she has ever seen it this year. She has commented many times especially as she has been having to cut the grass as often as 3 times a week this summer. Where we live we barely get a summer and this year has been no different.

Things are strange and I believe this blue planet we live on is telling us something.

Respects

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Thank you very much sir/madame this will make my wife and myself more enlightened for sure.
I am going to try this next season with our tomatoes.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join