It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
wow I was just saying today how it was unusual for the leaves to be falling this early. didn't know this was so widespread.

Join the club here

You are not alone for sure.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilishlyangelic23
im in southwestern ontario, and the maple tree in the front yard is still (for the time being) full of leaves. theres the odd leaf here and there on the ground, but the trees around here still look good

Whereabouts are you without divulging your personal information?
Here it is actually Sarnia and I tell you this city is a mess right now and so is London if you read my links.
Any input is appreciated for sure.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
FUKUSHIMA PREFECTURE

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I think it's a mix of both solar flares and radiation via Japan; however, blossoms are already flowered in Australia telling me Spring and Summer is arriving earlier this year.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Iwinder

I think it's a mix of both solar flares and radiation via Japan; however, blossoms are already flowered in Australia telling me Spring and Summer is arriving earlier this year.

I wanted to say I hope it is just solar flares, then I thought what is worse solar flares or radiation from Japan?
I have no idea, I hope your spring Down Under fairs better than our late summer here.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm in middle eastern Manitoba (not far from the Ontario border) and our elm trees started changing colour and dropping leaves about a month ago... the middle of July for crying out loud... and I noticed our maple trees followed suit about 2 weeks ago. But the poplars and oaks still have full green foliage, go figure.

My first thought was "Crap, we're in for one hell of a long cold winter."

And I have to admit my second thought was "Fukishima"... (I cringe at the thought of that one)

But what makes me think "early fall-long winter" is the fact that we already have thousands of geese feeding all around (for the past few weeks now, usually we don't see them until September) and dozens of bears in town at night searching for food. It seems the animal kingdom is already on a high gear feeding frenzy.

We don't normally get bears in town (very rarely), but this year they're so rampant to the point that you can't sit outside on the back deck at night for fear of coming nose to nose with Winnie The Pooh... which tells me this has been a terrible growing season and thus they're resorting to scavenging in town for lack of enough munchables in the surrounding forest.

I think we're in for a long cold winter folks.
Bundle up.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here, near Santa Barbara, in a shooping center where my officeis there are several red maples. One in particular started to change color last month. It was the only one to change so early. It hasn't dropped any leaves yet. Now in August the others are starting to turn. This is very very early for these trees to turn and have never seen them turn so early before. My office has been in this shopping center for several years now. WE have been having trouble with the sprinkler system so it's possible it could be a water issue.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
West Europe here,

Our oak and chestnut trees started loosing leaves in the beginning of august. Yesterday I even found fallen off chestnuts on the grounds, they shouldn't be doing this untill october. Also a lot of squirl activity in my garden collecting the fallen fruits.

I wonder if I should start preparing the garden for winter early this year.... the trees seem to think it's fall already.
And yet, yesterday it was bloody hot outside.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Iwinder

Radiation Radiation Radiation

Get yourself a geiger counter.

I agree - especially those leaf pics with the holes punctured in them - the rain is bringing the radiation down.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I have to challenge your statement that it is all of Southern Ontario. Here in Windsor I do not see the same problem. My neighbor across the street has several maples; both the Manitoba variety and large leaf type and all are fully leaved and lush green.

But things are not right. I have a garden mum that isn't supposed to flower until the fall that has been in flower for two weeks already. At the same time I am still waiting for the giant Dahlia and some other flowers to bloom which should have been blooming a long time ago. The trees around here seem OK, but the flowers are acting strange and confused; blooming at the wrong times.

Something is definitely not right.

p.s. I will confirm that the squirrels here are very busy hiding their treats; but then again there is a good harvest of fallen fruit about for them.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Daily Mail UK Announces 'Autumn Has Arrived Early"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Corexit + Fukushima + Gulf Stream change + Atlantic Ocean Currents changing from the oil in the Gulf=

Something bad.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
witsendnj.blogspot.com...
I believe its likely increasing levels of ground level ozone killing the trees.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Come to think of it, same thing seems to be happening down here in the southern U.S. as well. We've had temps in the mid to upper 80s for about 2 weeks here most days.

What you've got to understand is that it's usually the mid to high 90s here until the last week in September, first week in October. About 5-10 degrees below normal.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I am in the southern hemisphere, and August is normally our coldest and darkest month.

We have had 25 + degrees every day (nice summery temperatures) for at least a month now and all the trees in my garden have new shoots. The jasmine and honeysuckle flowers are all out - typical spring-behaviour.

The weather on our side of the world has been bizarre - to say the least. I would imagine that what we are experiencing is a "hastening of the seasons" all around the globe this year?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

we are in the upper corner of NJ not far by car from both NY & PA borders. we've a few incredibly huge old trees in the yard. my apology for my lack of knowledge as to what type they are.

we've had a few leafs falling for two weeks now. so few they drew my attention when i took our dog friend out, and i said to myself "what the heck is that on the lawn?"

in our area we have had a lot of rainfall this year and some uncomfortable heat too.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

SE Michigan again, and on my morning walk was paying attention to the trees.
I did see one maple that is changing, and not sure it that is its norm or if it is the beginning of an early change for all.....will keep monitoring as we walk the same area daily.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I Live in Wisconsin and have noticed the trees dying for the last few years...The evergreens are yellow to dead brown and there are burnt spots on most leaves of other trees. Some tree varieties look very sick. I believe that it is environmental and having to do with chem-trail spraying.....I have lived in the area for 45 years and this is the worst that I have ever experienced...Even the garden that I am growing looks sickly with burnt leaves and white cilantro and parsley. I imagine that the cilantro and parsly are picking up the toxins from the soil as this is what they do in the body....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Southern New England here and I have been posting about things being "off" including the fact that we've been about two months ahead or behind depending on what you're talking about i.e., trees, garden, temp, sunlight and even the smallest things like the cicada's buzzing in the trees since June. Usually don't hear them at all until mid August and signs of foliage in mid July.

The changes I have noticed recently are very dramatic yet very random.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

You think because you have a well that the trees have water?

Wells are ground water, usually resoivoirs or water tables. Trees gets theirs from rain, which is surface water. Completely different sources.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join