It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switching Priorities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In my opinion....two much energy is wasted by too many people trying to bring PROOF of E.T. to the general public. Let's face it....1. The U.S. Government....or agency of....is NEVER...going to allow disclosure to occur. I know this more than most.
2. Some people will NEVER BELIEVE....even if they saw a little grey or tall scaley guy with their own eyes...they will chalk it up to a Hollywood type costume or as in A CHRISTMAS CAROL....chalk up what they saw to something they ate.
3. Voting in a candidate that promises to disclose all UFO related information....will not work. It didn't work for Jimmy Carter and a standing U.S. President does not have high enough Security Clearence Level....anything E.T. is on a NEED TO KNOW BASIS.
4. Getting the Media on board as far as researching UFO events. THIS....is the ACHILLlES HEEL. Although the agency has control of MAIN STREAM MEDIA....it can't control every aspect of media and free speach is a good defense. In the past claims of NATIONAL SECURITY have shaken even the most hard core reporter and his boss. With the advent of the INTERNET...and the raw speed of information transfer....the agency cannot hope to control this....but then again....they have surprised me before. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
May I ask why you want proof of aliens existing? Apparantly you already believe so you don't need to be convinced. I'm curious if you think something good would come from everyone knowing of their existence.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
May I ask why you want proof of aliens existing? Apparantly you already believe so you don't need to be convinced. I'm curious if you think something good would come from everyone knowing of their existence.

I am of the opinion that NOTHING good can come from full disclosure or irrefutable proof of E.T.'s existance. I was just providing a suggestion for all the people here who have a need for people to know and what in my opinion is the best way to go about it.

I know that seems contradictory but I have always been a person who is brought in to...FIX things....or provide a possibility for achieving a goal. Old habits die hard. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think it's obvious why they would want proof, people believe in a lot of things and even may have their own personal experiences. but the only real way to know something is true for sure if if it's supported in numbers of others that have solid evidence commonly shared.

This is how we as humans are conditioned to think from society. Even if you believe in God you still seek out other believers and seek to ensure that the rest of the world would believe God existed as well as this further serves as concrete evidence to support your own personal experiences.. (keeps us from thinking we are going crazy)

Or perhaps it's as they said above hahaI guess it wasn't quire so obvious .. edited comment here
edit on 21-8-2011 by JaxCavalera because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
In my opinion....two much energy is wasted by too many people trying to bring PROOF of E.T. to the general public. Let's face it....1. The U.S. Government....or agency of....is NEVER...going to allow disclosure to occur. I know this more than most.
2. Some people will NEVER BELIEVE....even if they saw a little grey or tall scaley guy with their own eyes...they will chalk it up to a Hollywood type costume or as in A CHRISTMAS CAROL....chalk up what they saw to something they ate.

I agree, there are those that want "proof", but what "proof" is it that would satisfy them? High ranking officials from around the world have come out and said they've seen them and/or heard stories, but for some reason if the American government isn't the one to say "they're here" it doesn't count. Yet, those same people don't want to believe anything that comes from the government

No amount of proof would be acceptable to some people, even if they were taken aboard a ship from space, they would chalk it up to a dream.

The only thing related to ET that I've seen was a very bright flash in the sky. I was showing my husband a particularly bright star, and all of a sudden, it got bigger, then vanished. At the same time we both went "WTF?"
It was something.....

I don't think I want any more proof than that, just like there are both good and bad people, the same would be said for those not from here. Some might be friendly, or indifferent, but some might think we taste good.

I just hope that the data that the government and scientists have sent out into space telling about us doesn't end up with the unsavory type.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The first time I saw an actual Alien Craft....and it was a very mind blowing experience....and I was fortunate enough to have another person with me....I quickly found out that some people don't want to know. My friend would not talk about it and I was VERY pissed at him.

I was young and my family lived right next to a massive USAF SAC base with many B-52's LOADED with Thermonuclear Bombs. Later...this base was the main launching point for covert bombing runs into LAOS and CAMBODIA. They were secretly carpet bombing these countries in areas where the North Vietnamese had infiltrated and were using as alternate routes because we were bombing the entire length of the HO CHI MINH TRAIL.

The general public had no idea and my MOM was the "Civilian Secretary" for the General who ran the base. This is how my connection was established at an early age with these type of Black Operations.

The point is that E.T. is ALWAYS checking out our military capacities and there is NO WAY...that the U.S. or any other country will say anything about this issue. The public panic of disclosure would be....DISASTEROUS.

Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The first time I saw an actual Alien Craft...

Oh please, do tell...do tell......

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The first time I saw an actual Alien Craft....and it was a very mind blowing experience....and I was fortunate enough to have another person with me....I quickly found out that some people don't want to know. My friend would not talk about it and I was VERY pissed at him.

I wouldn't understand NOT wanting to talk about it. You cannot unsee or unknow something like that. I would be so curious if I saw an actual craft. I would want to know everything about it.

I would imagine people would be very nervous if they knew for sure, it would shake up a lot of people's belief system. This world might feel a little less safe for many people.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

The first time I saw an actual Alien Craft...

Oh please, do tell...do tell......

I can talk about my first experience but that is all. We lived right next to the base and one summer night...my friend and I were outside trying to catch Lightning Bugs....when all of a sudden three roadflare burning orange craft...like a large ball...yet it seemed to be almost on fire....shot across the sky and stopped directly over the base.

They did not move at all for about 2 or 3 minutes and were configured in an perfect tringular pattern. My friend and I were astounded. No sound...just sitting there in the sky at an altitude of about 1000 ft. They were so bright that it almost hurt to look at them.

Then they streaked east at an impossible speed rotating counter clockwise over each other as they traveled....leaving a streak across the sky....like when a person moves a Sparkler real fast with their arm. The speed of these things would....if they were normal aircraft....burn them up in the atmosphere.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

SNOW....the problem is....I know way too much about it....I wish I didn't. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

SNOW....the problem is....I know way too much about it....I wish I didn't. Split Infinity

I can only imagine that some of what you've seen is very disturbing. Stuff that you cannot unknow.

I would probably have a hard time sleeping.

I dreamed that I saw a craft once close up (just a dream), and I remember the absolute terror that I felt in the dream. I woke up feeling like such a big chicken, and I didn't even see the occupants. If I felt that way from a dream, I can't imagine how much fear I would feel if I met the kind that no one wants to meet....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

I can only imagine that some of what you've seen is very disturbing. Stuff that you cannot unknow.

I would probably have a hard time sleeping.

I dreamed that I saw a craft once close up (just a dream), and I remember the absolute terror that I felt in the dream. I woke up feeling like such a big chicken, and I didn't even see the occupants. If I felt that way from a dream, I can't imagine how much fear I would feel if I met the kind that no one wants to meet....

Snow...it's more of an issue of being sick and tired of looking over my sholder. I don't fear something like....an Alien coming to my home and probing me. A person might as well be terrified of being struck by lightning on a clear day as the odds are astronomical.

I just need to decompress. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

burning orange craft...like a large ball...yet it seemed to be almost on fire...

SplitInfinity,

Out of curiosity, do you remember what year this happened?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

burning orange craft...like a large ball...yet it seemed to be almost on fire...

SplitInfinity,

Out of curiosity, do you remember what year this happened?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

My friend,

You can U2U me anytime you want if you want to talk about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I apologize for the off topic.

Now, to answer your opening post, I agree with you. For the one who knows, no proof is needed. For the one who doesn't, no proof is enough.

S&F.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

My friend,

You can U2U me anytime you want if you want to talk about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I apologize for the off topic.

Now, to answer your opening post, I agree with you. For the one who knows, no proof is needed. For the one who doesn't, no proof is enough.

S&F.

There is only so much I can say. I can tell you this about me....I am in the Entertainment buisness.....I also help run several sucessful family buisnesses....and I have a third job that I get sucked into doing from time to time.

I am a Patriot of the highest order. I am also lucky to have a bit of autonomy since they always ask me and not the other way around. My family is military and other things and both of my parents...still living...are some of the smartest people on the planet.

I was taught to be self sufficient at an early age and was indoctrinated into a buisness first mentality....but I am not a stiff. far from it. I believe that is why along with family history...that my mental and moral flexability caught the attention of certain family...."Friends".

I have done and seen things most people wouldn't be able to do in several lifetimes....and I am always hungry for new experiences. Because of this....and my sucess....I run several charitable events. I feel that it is important to give something back....especially for young kids.

And I do have a few issues that I have been working very hard to resolve. NOT EASY. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss; have you ever seen the Matrix? If you take the blue pill, you can live out your life in a blissful illusion, while if you take the red pill, you learn the truth about the world around you, and it's a miserable, sorry truth, especially compared to the life you could have had with the blue pill.

My point is this: You are suggesting it is better for everyone to take the blue pill.

I admit that there is something to be said for keeping people's perspective in consideration. You wouldn't want to spark some kind of anarchy or international war by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. But you have to admit - eventually, somebody is going to find out. If something so significant is actually as true as you claim, then to suggest that we could hide it forever and ever seems silly to me. Technology is constantly increasing, and the scientific community is "seeing" more and more of what's around us with every passing decade. The only way to prevent the people from learning the truth on their own would be to enforce some kind of martial law and bring our technological development to a standstill. Since you say you are a Patriot I assume this is not what you're suggesting.

So, are you suggesting we simply continue to hide such truths as long as possible? This seems awfully dangerous to me, because by the time countless citizens learn that they have been lied to, threatened, and smothered for a hundred years or more by the very institutions they thought they were entrusting with their own safety, I doubt they'll be very happy about it, don't you agree?

So it seems to me (and by all means correct me if I'm wrong or missing something, as I certainly don't claim to be an expert) that the only two remaining choices are:

1) Come clean and tell the people what's going on, and try to make amends with them as best as possible before it gets any worse, so that we can all find a way to trust each other again and move forward, or

2) Fabricate the greatest lie in mankind's history, and reveal the "truth" to the people under the mask of this lie, thus releasing the pressure of all those untold E.T. secrets while simultaneously protecting all those who contributed to that lie and to the decades of cover-up.

You say that most people, when they learn the truth, wish that they hadn't. I've heard this many times before and I believe it. But from your own posts here it sounds to me like the reason you are having regrets is not because of the truth itself but because of the very censorship you are proposing we continue. You said you are tired of looking over your shoulder all the time, and we are led to believe you are not referring to aliens. Are you saying that even if we had the kind of environment where you could talk about this stuff freely and comfortably, you still would wish you didn't know any of it?

Most people realize that not all truths are pretty pink frosting. I'm sure plenty of people would have been spared discomfort if they hadn't known about the war in Darfur, or about Bill Clinton's sex life. Just imagine how much more confident Americans would be if the intelligence community had lied and said, "Hey, we really DID find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, everything was totally justified!" But that doesn't mean the people SHOULDN'T know.

Ignorance may be bliss but in this case it would also be tyranny. Honesty, integrity, and humility should not die for the sake of some illusion of peace and innocence.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
Ignorance is bliss; have you ever seen the Matrix? If you take the blue pill, you can live out your life in a blissful illusion, while if you take the red pill, you learn the truth about the world around you, and it's a miserable, sorry truth, especially compared to the life you could have had with the blue pill.

My point is this: You are suggesting it is better for everyone to take the blue pill.

I admit that there is something to be said for keeping people's perspective in consideration. You wouldn't want to spark some kind of anarchy or international war by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. But you have to admit - eventually, somebody is going to find out. If something so significant is actually as true as you claim, then to suggest that we could hide it forever and ever seems silly to me. Technology is constantly increasing, and the scientific community is "seeing" more and more of what's around us with every passing decade. The only way to prevent the people from learning the truth on their own would be to enforce some kind of martial law and bring our technological development to a standstill. Since you say you are a Patriot I assume this is not what you're suggesting.

So, are you suggesting we simply continue to hide such truths as long as possible? This seems awfully dangerous to me, because by the time countless citizens learn that they have been lied to, threatened, and smothered for a hundred years or more by the very institutions they thought they were entrusting with their own safety, I doubt they'll be very happy about it, don't you agree?

So it seems to me (and by all means correct me if I'm wrong or missing something, as I certainly don't claim to be an expert) that the only two remaining choices are:

1) Come clean and tell the people what's going on, and try to make amends with them as best as possible before it gets any worse, so that we can all find a way to trust each other again and move forward, or

2) Fabricate the greatest lie in mankind's history, and reveal the "truth" to the people under the mask of this lie, thus releasing the pressure of all those untold E.T. secrets while simultaneously protecting all those who contributed to that lie and to the decades of cover-up.

You say that most people, when they learn the truth, wish that they hadn't. I've heard this many times before and I believe it. But from your own posts here it sounds to me like the reason you are having regrets is not because of the truth itself but because of the very censorship you are proposing we continue. You said you are tired of looking over your shoulder all the time, and we are led to believe you are not referring to aliens. Are you saying that even if we had the kind of environment where you could talk about this stuff freely and comfortably, you still would wish you didn't know any of it?

Most people realize that not all truths are pretty pink frosting. I'm sure plenty of people would have been spared discomfort if they hadn't known about the war in Darfur, or about Bill Clinton's sex life. Just imagine how much more confident Americans would be if the intelligence community had lied and said, "Hey, we really DID find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, everything was totally justified!" But that doesn't mean the people SHOULDN'T know.

Ignorance may be bliss but in this case it would also be tyranny. Honesty, integrity, and humility should not die for the sake of some illusion of peace and innocence.

In every other subject with the exception of DISCLOSURE OF E.T....I would agree with what you have posted. That being that people should be informed and to lie to a populous is self defeating...and against American ideals...still...this topic is too much for the populous. I don't say that because I am being a judge or trying to impose my concepts of right and wrong....I say it because...I KNOW it to be true...from examples.

Besides....it really isn't the big secret that people think it is and it is not so much the Agencies fault or efforts that keep it secret....it is PEOPLE IN GENERAL! There is PLENTY of evidence out there....most people ignore it on their own without any influence of any agency. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

In every other subject with the exception of DISCLOSURE OF E.T....I would agree with what you have posted. That being that people should be informed and to lie to a populous is self defeating...and against American ideals...still...this topic is too much for the populous. I don't say that because I am being a judge or trying to impose my concepts of right and wrong....I say it because...I KNOW it to be true...from examples.

Besides....it really isn't the big secret that people think it is and it is not so much the Agencies fault or efforts that keep it secret....it is PEOPLE IN GENERAL! There is PLENTY of evidence out there....most people ignore it on their own without any influence of any agency. Split Infinity

Well, I'm not sure what your examples are. If you're talking about the Orson Welles incident, it's easy enough to dismiss, not only because it happened so long ago, but because the newscast specifically described an "alien invasion," not just a simple disclosure of an alien presence. It doesn't matter if it's aliens or Eskimos; if you tell people that their city is being invaded, they are going to freak out.

If you're referring to the Heaven's Gate / Hale-Bopp incident, it does make a stronger case, but I still don't think it really exemplifies the entire populace. If you get right down to brass tacks, anybody who really wants to start a suicidal cult can find a way to do it. But there really aren't that many people who want to join a suicidal cult. To use Heaven's Gate as an example would be like saying that if we disclosed the existence of a continent-sized stash of cheese and bacon, everybody would turn into Paula Deen.

But I will say that I'm glad to read that you're at least basing your position on examples rather than principals alone. I also agree with you that most of the taboo about UFO's probably comes from the populace itself, with little help required from the agencies. It goes without saying that if everybody really wanted disclosure, they would be electing officials who want to do something about it, and there would be congressional hearings, etc. Or at least there would be more protests and public support akin to the Civil Rights movement, I would think.

Nonetheless, I wonder if it is holding our society back and stifling the progress of science to continue to keep such a tight squeeze on this. It's one thing to keep military secrets under wraps, but if certain rumors are to be believed, it goes beyond that, with the silencing of civilian scientists who have stumbled upon some of these technologies through their own honest studies. If that is true, then I believe that's taking it a step too far. That is to say, keep your secrets if you must, but at least don't intrude into the honest advancement of our civilization. It's one thing to acknowledge that humanity is still a child in the sandbox... it's another thing entirely to KEEP that child in the sandbox whenever he tries to crawl out into the world beyond.

P.S. On your point that it isn't such a big secret... if it wasn't a big secret, it wouldn't be such a big deal to keep it a secret. It wouldn't be that hard for the Air Force to simply change their website's statement about UFO's. Yet every official currently holding office refuses to even acknowledge them. Seems like a big secret to me. As to WHY it's such a big secret, your guess is as good as mine.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Magnus47 because: post-script comment

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
SplitInfinity, what do you think should be done with any advanced ET tech we get our hands on? From what I have read on the subject, the technology displayed could solve A LOT of Earths issues. But than I also think what could happen if terrorists or extremeists get a hold of very powerful energy generating devices, they could really wreck the planet. Make nukes ending up looking like a firecracker.....

new topics

top topics

join