It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Destruction and Contamination of Our Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Any one old enough to remember the movie "Silent Running" starring Bruce Dern ?

In a future where all flora is extinct on Earth, an astronaut is given orders to destroy the last of Earth's plant life being kept in a greenhouse on board a spacecraft.

www.imdb.com...

I feel we are rapidly heading in that direction.
With the disaster in the gulf from Deepwater Horizon,to nuclear disaster at Fukushima,the GMO's and all the other crap we are doing,we are destroying our food supply.

An example from the gulf of Mexico.

Since the spill, fishermen have been reporting unusual problems with their catches: Lesions on shrimp, crabs with holes in their shells, red snapper with rotting fins. Meanwhile, dead dolphins have been washing up on Gulf beaches in unprecedented numbers, leading the federal government to declare an “unusual mortality event.”

www.louisianaweekly.com...

And the beef from Japan,not to mention what grasses and feed that has been contaminated around the world, due to the nuclear disaster from Japan.

Japan announced Tuesday that all beef detected with radiation higher than government safety standards will be destroyed as the probe into beef contaminated from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant expands.

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

And from all the radioactive pollution that Japan has dumped into the sea.

Our team of radiation experts has found high levels of radiation in seafood caught by Japanese fishermen off the coast of Japan. This, along with the news that the Japanese government covered up the true extent of radiation releases from Fukushima and so put people in danger, shows it is long past time that urgent, transparent action was taken by officials. At a press conference in Japan earlier today (video here and here), we explained how our radiation experts had visited ports in Iwaki prefecture between 22nd and 24th of July and conducted sampling of seafood with the help from local fishermen. The French laboratories ACRO and CRIIRAD analysed the radioactive contamination and detected high levels of radioactivity in a number of samples. This means that the contamination of the Fukushima coast is still very serious.

www.greenpeace.org...

Guess I'm going to start my hydroponic garden and put a cow in the garage.
What are your thoughts on this.

Our food supply is contaminated and we are in danger.
edit on 21-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I think about this everytime I go shopping. Where did the vegetables come from? Nope... no fishsticks... is this box of rice ok?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think about it too.
When you go to a restaurant,where is to food coming from?
When you go to the grocery store,is it safe?
I know we have the FDA here,but are the really checking everything closely?
The EPA said that they have stopped monitoring radiation fallout from Japan.
And there is nothing about the damage to the sealife in the gulf of mexico,so who do you trust?
Definitely not the government,that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah definitely
It's not just the food either.
It's our water - loaded with pharmaceuticals & toxins,
It's our air - filled with pollutants
It's the grass we play on - covered with pesticides
The clothes we wear - loaded with chemicals
The homes we live in, the products we own, the place we work....on and on.
edit on 21-8-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Yeah definitely
It's not just the food either.
It's our water - loaded with pharmaceuticals & toxins,
It's our air - filled with pollutants
It's the grass we play on - covered with pesticides
The clothes we wear - loaded with chemicals
The homes we live in, the products we own, the place we work....on and on.
edit on 21-8-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

Yes,and it goes on and on till we ultimately destroy ourselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I figure this was in the plans,if accidentally,of the PTB and the elite to ,as you might say,cull the herd.
Bet their food is safe.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well I didn't exactly expect millions of gallons of oil dumped into the oceans and spreading around the world, as well as radiation from the nuclear meltdown in Japan (which as far as I know is still happening) entering the atmosphere and spreading around the globe to add more protein to our diet. I wonder what the health consequences of eating radioactive seafood would be?

I don't think it's only our food, haven't babies in Japan been having all sorts of birth defects? How long before people start getting sick or dropping dead in large numbers?

It really sucks to live in this time period. We should have never been screwing around with nuclear power anyway, there's a nuclear reactor that puts out more energy than all nuclear stations worldwide: THE SUN! Solar energy should replace lots of other forms of energy.

And sucking oil out of the earth?
How about a renewable source of energy: a bio-diesel fuel made from the hemp plant that emits 80% less CO2 than fossil fuels? You can grow hemp plants in around 90 days, it takes millions of years to "grow" oil.

These things need to be seriously pursued, and we need to scrap all oil and nuclear energy sources soon. Is the BP oil spill or the Fukushima meltdown (which I would like to reiterate is still occuring as far as I know. Total media blackout.) not enough to teach humanity that we shouldn't be messing around with that stuff? Apparently not.
edit on 21-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have the same thoughts regarding food, and what I am actually putting in my body as well as my family. You think you are eating healthy. You try to for the most part feed your family a healthy diet, try to stay away from additives, GMO foods, empty calories, etc. While I am preparing a salad, and veggies, and some meat,...I start to wonder how healthy it really is. Hell - even if I buy organic, I wonder what water was used on it, what chemicals from the air and soil have contaminated it...on and on....

Of course it makes me wonder what kind of issues this generation of children are going to end up with. The economy wont matter much when they are all to sick to work, and dying of cancer. And if this generation is able to have children, what kind of birth defects will come out of all this poison.

What I really have to wonder is this...why-WHY the hell would the governments knowingly do this. They have children/grandchildren. They have to breath the air, drink the water, eat the food....while they are walking on this earth among us (before heading underground), they may be killing us off, but they are hurting themselves and families as well
It just doesn't make sense...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I have the same thoughts regarding food, and what I am actually putting in my body as well as my family. You think you are eating healthy. You try to for the most part feed your family a healthy diet, try to stay away from additives, GMO foods, empty calories, etc. While I am preparing a salad, and veggies, and some meat,...I start to wonder how healthy it really is. Hell - even if I buy organic, I wonder what water was used on it, what chemicals from the air and soil have contaminated it...on and on....

Of course it makes me wonder what kind of issues this generation of children are going to end up with. The economy wont matter much when they are all to sick to work, and dying of cancer. And if this generation is able to have children, what kind of birth defects will come out of all this poison.

What I really have to wonder is this...why-WHY the hell would the governments knowingly do this. They have children/grandchildren. They have to breath the air, drink the water, eat the food....while they are walking on this earth among us (before heading underground), they may be killing us off, but they are hurting themselves and families as well
It just doesn't make sense...

Because they,the governments, are aware and they have a safe supply of food for them and their children.
Ever thought about the truth behind the seed vault?

The Svalbard Global Seed Vault (Norwegian: Svalbard globale frøhvelv) is a secure seedbank located on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen near the town of Longyearbyen in the remote Arctic Svalbard archipelago, about 1,300 kilometres (810 mi) from the North Pole.[1] The facility preserves a wide variety of plant seeds in an underground cavern. The seeds are duplicate samples, or "spare" copies, of seeds held in gene banks worldwide. The seed vault will provide insurance against the loss of seeds in genebanks, as well as a refuge for seeds in the case of large scale regional or global crises. The seed vault is managed under terms spelled out in a tripartite agreement between the Norwegian government, the Global Crop Diversity Trust (GCDT) and the Nordic Genetic Resource Center (NordGen). Construction of the seed vault, which cost approximately NOK 45 million (US$9 million), was funded entirely by the Government of Norway.[2] Storage of seeds in the seed vault is free of charge. Operational costs will be paid by Norway and the Global Crop Diversity Trust. Primary funding for the Trust comes from organisations, such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and from various governments worldwide.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Not to mention the "frozen zoo" aka Noah's Ark.

Stored material can be stored indefinitely[3] and used for artificial insemination, in vitro fertilisation, embryo transfer and cloning. Artificial insemination provides a remedy for animals who, due to anatomical or physiological reasons, are unable to reproduce in the natural way. Reproduction of stored genetic material also allows for the fostering of genetic improvements, and the prevention of inbreeding. Modern technology allows for genetic manipulation in animals without keeping them in captivity. However, the success of their restoration into the wild would require the application of new science and a sufficient amount of previously collected material.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join