It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong tornado hits Goderich Ontario Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by Iwinder

I haven't heard yet how much damage the Ben Miller Inn took, but I know sustained some. It had just gone through some renovations by the new owner as well.

Yes... it's a gorgeous spot and I hope it's not too badly messed up. I've friends that live along the river there too, so I'm anxious to hear from them.

Well its quite obvious that you live or holiday in that area, please keep us informed of what is happening there if you can.
We hope your friends are safe and sound.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Yes... I've lived near Goderich for much of my life and know the area very well. The dawn is bright and clear, so a better understanding of the damage should not be long in coming. Right now, I'm waiting for the CKNX news broadcast at 8AM.

Last evening we noted orange Medivac helicopters going over our house to and from the Goderich direction, likely transporting the injured to Kitchener/Waterloo hospitals. No doubt the Goderich Hospital is swamped.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

An employee at Benmiller Inn and Spa says the hotel suffered damage in the storm and is closed until further notice. Gayle Timm says it was a scary few minutes for the staff and guests as the tornado hit the facility which is surrounded by trees.
Timm says staff is cleaning up and hopes to have a dozen rooms open by the end of the week.
She adds a number homes in the area were also damaged.

www.am920.ca...

Some new pics

Most of the north side of Goderich (including the core area) is in lockdown with no-one but first responders allowed in.

Volunteers are waiting to get involved in the cleanup, but officials are asking them to first register and then wait until the area is deemed safe.

Another update from officials is expected at 11AM EST and then a news conference will be held at 4 this afternoon.

The Sifto Salt mine took a severe hit and no word yet on how soon it can get back in operation. This mne is the main source of mineral salt for all of North America, so I hope that they can get back up and running soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I hope this link works here, its from the London Free Press and its a slide show of the damage done in Goderich.
Link below
www.lfpress.com...
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just posting to let everyone know there is quite a few very good videos on U tube at the moment.
I won't link any but there is one video of a guy driving down by the grain elevators as the storm lands.
Pretty scary stuff.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I think this is the video you mean.

yes, it is a scary drive up from the beach, considering the downed wires all over the place.

Maybe the best place to be would have been the beach since there are more than 50 foot bluffs just inland.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by Iwinder

I think this is the video you mean.

yes, it is a scary drive up from the beach, considering the downed wires all over the place.

Maybe the best place to be would have been the beach since there are more than 50 foot bluffs just inland.

Yes that is the video, no wonder you wanted to get off of the roads when you did.
Your very lucky that you somehow out danced that storm.
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join