It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking to the dead, while awake, an everyday thing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
hello, im new here, and have been browsing for some time now. im dave, and im in this with my dad. here's our story:

here is some very breif information on how we met. my name is david. i lived in Massachusetts for 16 years of my life. i was a very truent child in school, and misbehaved a lot. my biological father died of cancer when i was young, that didn't help very much. as things got worse, i was assigned a social worker, who is my father today. i'll spare the readers the story for another time.
since i was a little boy, since i can remember, i have always been deeply intrigued by the dead, death itself and angels. most of the time, when i go to sleep at night, i find myself waking up talking to someone. they are always new people, and not once ever the same. i thought these were intense dreams, untill i recently found a way to do it conciously. yes, while i was awake and aware. im not a schitso because i can tell the different, and i don't have two personalities. i can control this. the most simplistic way i can put this is by saying that i have figured out there are open doors within my mind. it's like answering a telephone, and most of the time it is someone different calling. i can't stop it from ringing, but i can decide whether or not to pick it up. people come to visit me, in my mind, and i talk with them. there is no voice, i just happen to know what they are saying. they are always dead people, never people from the future. it's like i have become a place on the highway to stop for these people. but it's all in my mind. they tell me they're story but get offended or pissed off when i ask about heavan or a god. i guess this is the shade of gray in which the dead are, before they are judged to go to hell or heavan. sometimes i will start day dreaming and they will come knocking at my minds door. just recently my dad and i figured out we both have the same experiance. neither of us are bull#ting each other, tears and love don't lie. i know this is real, and i know this is true. my father and i have an extremely close bond. let me tell you about an experiance, an experiance in which created the bond that will last forever, and shows just how creative lifes plan is. the other night, my family got way out of hand. my mom was telling me her problems left and right in her marriage, which is in no way my responcibility. as great as my brother is, he wasn't helping the situation by his sarcastic and rude remarks, but that's okay, because he's my brother. my father on the other hand was doing the worst out of all of us. we have all had these days where we feel like we're defeated. thrown down and can't get back up. paralized by whatever it may be. all of the sudden, i felt a strong urge to straiten things out. after i got the family to like each other again, my father and i had a long discussion. a discussion in which lead to us talking about our minds ability to communicate with the dead. it's almost fate. chaos' theorie plays a role in this. there's more to it than the information i have given you, so lets put this in a classic linear time format. the beginning, if my mother never told me all her issues, i wouldn't have cared enough to straiten things out. if my brother wasn't being an ass it wouldn't have lead up to the point of me sitting the family down and talking, and if my father never said anything to me about feeling down none of this would have happened in the first place. nature, or life, put he and i in his room for a reason, to have the talk we had. shortly after i got everyone in the room, the dog barked at my mother. my mom is afraid of the dog, which lead her to sleep in the other room. my brother was sent up stairs before he was about to walk out of the room; for being a wise ass. i have noticed, the little things that happened, lead to my father and i having our conversation.
he started telling me about the things he experiances in his everyday life, in which are some of the exact same things i go through. accept he has it more fine tuned and it happends to him frequently. after sharing each of our experiances, we succeeded unbelievably. there is much more to share, and many questions to be answered. we're wondering, is there anyone else out there, that has this happening to them?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
First off, welcome aboard! Good to have you posting. I lurked for quite a while myself before taking the plunge. As you no doubt know, if you think your life is nuts, browse through our gallery of the unusual.

As far as I know, there is nothing inherently wrong with speaking to the spirits of the dead. And they do at least seem to be considerate enough to �knock� before coming in. However, if it's a constant and involuntary thing, that can be a problem, and maybe a sign of other problems.

I�m concerned that perhaps you, your father and the rest of your family, for that matter, are not getting the space you need. There seems to be much despair among you, and that is a symptom of underlying problems with your situation, not necessarily with you as individuals (although we all carry many burdens through life).

The good news, and this isn�t just a hollow platitude, is that almost any problem can be solved, once you realize that there is a problem.

My question for both you and your father, is this: Are these conversations with spirits interfering with your life, in your opinion?

Edit: But...

[edit on 8/20/2004 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
thats incredible, but it would be intruiging if you logged and posted all of your latest 'ghost interviews'

post the questions you asked and the answers received

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You know what you should do? Talk to Abe Lincoln or John Lennon. That's who I would be talking to if I could talk to the dead. I imagine that I would have great conversations with Abe, because come on, it's Abe.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Before you open the door, always remember to protect yourself with the White Light. Subconsciously say " I surround myself and this person in the white light"
It's a psychic barrieer so any Evil is barred.
Not everyone on the Other Side has good intentions.

Also, contact a local psychic or find classes in your area to help direct what you are getting, that way it won't drive you crazy!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If you are really talking to the dead then you need to seek out the advice of a good medium who can teach you the techniques to keep you safe while doing this. Remember if there is such a thing as a spirit world that world will contain lower entities who can and do lie and decieve, mediumistic abilities such as the white light mentioned by tesla will be the psychic equivilent of checking someones ID at the door. Try to find the address of a good local spiritualist church and talk to one of their members.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hi Dave,
I find that they here for us at will and need. The more we need, the more they are here to help.
When I am lonely or distraut they are here non stop, when I am happy, healthy, busy, in good heart/spirit - they are in and out.
Angela

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm glad you have the ability to control them- when I get an OBE, it's like a complete paralysis, and I haven't yet mastered them.

Do the people give you their names?

-Becs

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Remember if there is such a thing as a spirit world that world will contain lower entities who can and do lie and decieve.

This site www.activator1000.com... states that same thing.

Please use caution. Understand that you will be speaking to a large part of the Spirit World, Good and Bad. If you are asked by a voice to do something that you would not normally do then please don't do it. Although a Spirit cannot harm you they may ask you to harm yourself or others. Use your best judgment when communicating.

I guess they don't want to be responsible for Son of Sam types. Woof!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
wot religion ar u .and if a spirit ever tries to hurt u command him to go in the name of JESUS CHRIST and dont mutter it shout it and next time say to 1 of them do u believe in jesus christ bacause demons have smart ways of playing tricks on people

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becs
I'm glad you have the ability to control them- when I get an OBE, it's like a complete paralysis, and I haven't yet mastered them.

Do the people give you their names?

-Becs

It's the first thing I asked. Sometimes, like for a gal here once - all I got was 'grandfather'. But I'll get a clue as to who they are.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hello Dayzer, a very intresting ability indeed, I used to watch my children when they were very young, apparently talking to someone who wasnt there while they were in bed at night. Sometimes they would be talking with their hands(sign language/finger spelling) at the same time.
This was interesting because my grandmother and my father, both deceased when i was young, were both deaf and used sign language and finger spelling (this was before modern Auslan etc), so I wondered if they were talking to them. mostly their hand signs and fingerspelling were abstract movements, as though they were copying, as small children copy things adults say, but occasionally they did form words of everyday use, which in itself is amazing because at 2 and 3 years old they had never seen or learnt sign language! They often seemed to be having a good old yarn (chat) and it was mostly amusing but sometimes disturbing, although they were always happy and smiling.
This behaviour became less frequent and stoped altogether after they turned 5 or 6 yrs. They both did it and at different houses.
I dont personally beleive channeling etc is real but this makes me wonder.
Thankyou for a very interesting read.
Do you mind if i ask you what do you speak to these people about? Do they know they have passed on? why are they communicating, unfinished buisness?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The brain and mind are very intriguing mediators to our everyday life. They work hand in hand to filter out anomalies in our reality that would otherwise effect us. Some people are naturally desensitized to things such as your topic about speaking with the dead. These peope are then usually diagnosed as schizophrenics because what they perceive we do not. It's distressing to know that what you see and feel isn't exactly so, in terms of whats actually there - which is an infinite complex system.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
The brain and mind are very intriguing mediators to our everyday life. They work hand in hand to filter out anomalies in our reality that would otherwise effect us. Some people are naturally desensitized to things such as your topic about speaking with the dead. These peope are then usually diagnosed as schizophrenics because what they perceive we do not. It's distressing to know that what you see and feel isn't exactly so, in terms of whats actually there - which is an infinite complex system.

Interesting reply.
I also think that more people could communicate if they were to slow down and be aware. It's just learning to feel and hear in different ways thatn my our ears and hands.

top topics

join