It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unauthorized Photos From Inside Fukushima

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

This report is a first-hand witness, showing a glimpse of the workers' day inside at the Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant in the beginning of August 2011. The headquarter building is situated 200m northwest of the No. 1 Reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. In this building, I entered the area where the walls, the floors are covered in pink plastic sheets. A man passed by and his pocket Geiger counter dosimeter went off with high pitch beeps. In each of the rooms here, there are many signs of the radiation measurements. Most show a rather high measurement of above 15 micro sieverts/hour, though they are not from recent measurements. Some have not been updated since April.

Very interesting blog, including unauthorized pictures from inside Fukushima -

kazumaobara.com...

These people are heroes, just like the Chernobyl clean-up workers, may God rest their souls when they are done.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oh boy...

These are such interesting photos but it's just like viewing the Chernobyl video... such a sad, sorrowful feeling looking at these people and knowing beyond doubt they either are already dead or will be soon.

They are heroes for doing this, even though I believe their efforts are futile. I don't think this disaster can be contained anymore.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Probably not containable like you said....

I guess Tepco still has to put up appearances they are working on it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

The real problem is the Japanese's predilection for understating truth to avoid ridicule or contempt from others.

What I mean to say is, they downplay it again and again to avoid... I don't know the word... to avoid bad press I guess, and meanwhile, every hours that goes by without them accepting any and all outside help is another hour that this problem gets worse and the melting fuel penetrates deeper into the ground and water of the area.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey nice find, thanks for posting the link. I wonder what the pink plastic lining in the mens bathroom is supposed to do?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Is that dude seriously smoking?
Oh I shouldn't joke. Thanks for sharing. S&F

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Isn't it a shame we can't force the Tepco directors children to do the work instead of good humans

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
thy knew they cant do anything so they sent people in anyway, knowing that they gonna all die of cancer.

looking at the photos we can really see how devastating that tsunami was.

edit on 22-8-2011 by 2Unknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

thy knew they cant do anything so they sent people in anyway, knowing that they gonna all die of cancer.

Look, they can't put the genie back into the bottle, but those workers who have sacrificed their lives, or at least part of their lives, did so to at the very least limit the impact.

This could have been unimaginably worse if not for these brave people.

It does appear the worst case scenario has taken place, and it is quite possible that the core has escaped containment and is leeching into the ground. If this molten radioactive material hits a water table, it will more than likely produce a massive explosion spewing radioactive debris high into the atmosphere.

At this point, it doesn't look like we can do much more than hope.

But if those brave workers didn't go in and do the work they did and are doing, much more radiation would have been released, all reactors could have fully exploded, the entire area could have been rendered inaccessible.

Sure, those fire fighters on 911 couldn't stop the towers from coming down, but they STILL went in and tried to rescue as many people as possible.

At the very least these workers bought people time, time to escape, time to plan for the worst.
edit on 22-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
why arent we seeing photos of the core, why cant we see whats really going on ?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What are these workers exactly doing? The workers at Chernobyl were pouring Boric acid and concrete.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Probably too dangerous for humans to get close enough to snap a picture, and electrical equipment doesn't work that close either?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

My guess would be repairing electronics, structural damage to make containment work easier.

I'm puzzled by no concrete/boric acid shell being poured either..

My guess would be Tepco knows it's going to get worse (water table explosion) so it would be a waste of time and money?!?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
why arent we seeing photos of the core, why cant we see whats really going on ?

Try to watch "The Core" in a normal and stable working Plant

(afaik this is impossible, i can see the Fuel but only not working)

There must be a good Reason
why the Free World do not force the Japanese Government
to act directly in F'Shima!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I'm puzzled by no concrete/boric acid shell being poured either..

Because they discovered in Tschernobyl that both are stable only for
a specific Time-Frame,
in the Tschernobyl Plant the cold Corium is heating up
and maybe even go critical again!

Edit: afir the Tschernobyl Docu. reported about this when they investigated the "Elephants Feet"
edit on 22-8-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

edit on 22-8-2011 by Human0815 because: addional info

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I cant get over the last pic, of the pink bathroom...

Is that normal urinals for japan? Gosh they are tiny, and almost resting on the floor lol... It almost looks like they have to get down on their knees to make use of the facilities

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just me? or do those "protection suits" appear rather casual for the place that they are in. I was expecting full out hazmat suits.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

These people are heroes, just like the Chernobyl clean-up workers, may God rest their souls when they are done.

Very brave Earth Angels

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

It looks like a cross between western & eastern toilets, although I'm quite sure those are just urinals. Eastern toilets, you do a hover-squat, there is nothing to rest on. If we all did that we would not have near as much constipation.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Woah you might be right... I see the doors across from the "urinals" which kind of look like stall doors... But I just noticed what looks like toilet paper, which is sitting on a shelf above the "urinals"...

Weird

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join