It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Oil prices should fall with Gadhafi overthrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
source
It was all about the Oil and loans

On Sunday night, rebel forces pushed into Tripoli without meeting much resistance, hours after they overran a major military base that defended the capital. The opposition's leaders said Gadhafi's son and one-time heir apparent, Seif al-Islam, has been arrested.

The European refineries have struggled to make up for the production loss despite an increase from Saudi Arabia. As a result, European markets should see the first and most significant drops in oil prices, Lipow said.

"They do have a good cadre of educated people, but they don't have a long record of competent self-government," Lynch said. "It would not be a bad bet to think there might be a chaotic period for a few months till they get organized."

Oh sure educated people from the west

edit on 21-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It was probably part of it.

Now they can get away from dependence on Russian oil and gas. The EU can be free.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The East Is officially completely encircled Japan is now a puppet to america with the EU Puppet state countries in the west and in the same thing in south america.

I read a article on the CFR web site Obama wants his own staute in libya, hmm rather then the staute why not send him there?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

link   

NATO is bringing the Shanghai Coop into check.

NATO will be in a position to herald a new era of peace and security, as long as the SCO doesn't force NATO to put the SCO into checkmate.

link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Lockerbie Lies www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGuzIHwkAf4

plane-truth.com

No need to spam it i already know from my study.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Whoohahahaha

2nd.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hmmm...let me see where have I heard that before? Oh I remember. IRAQ. Gas price before IRAQ: $1.68 per gallon. What is it now?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives
Hmmm...let me see where have I heard that before? Oh I remember. IRAQ. Gas price before IRAQ: $1.68 per gallon. What is it now?

For some reason we let China buy up all of the Iraqi oilfields.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

LOL do you reckon the US is China's puppet? The US goes to war and secures the oil fields while China sits backs and buys the oil fields!

edit on 21-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The European refineries have struggled to make up for the production loss despite an increase from Saudi Arabia. As a result, European markets should see the first and most significant drops in oil prices, Lipow said.

Unfortunately that there oil has its price settled in dollars, so it won't make a damn difference.

All anyone can hope for is demand destruction and specs closing out positions in commodities to cover their asses on global bourses tanking to drop oil prices, because inflation along with funds abandoning usual safe havens and piling in to commodities is really up #ing pricing.

Even then fuel prices have an inverse relation to gravity and rarely come down once up. Still we can hope, because I'm really getting pissed about triple figure refills.
edit on 21-8-2011 by unsolicited because: noob

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I'm more inclined to think we made a deal.

I couldn't begin to guess what we got out of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Unfourtunatly my friend but oil prices have been dropping, but unless your car or the heat to your house runs on crude oil you won't benefit. Again the american public who takes so much pride in themselves fail to see this simple fact and so no sign of concern. Our lathargic attitude about EVERYTHING going on will be what leads us to NWO and eventually an escapable prison. Good luck

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Why would it be about oil and money when Libya is not any where near as important on Oil than, say, Nigeria. A nation with proven resolves, and right next door.

This would quite literally be like walking to Morodor when you could have taken the express route by eagle flight. Oh wait, yea...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives

I wish I could teach Econ 101 to ATS members, it would save the world so much trouble.

Oil prices go up and down due to anticipated speculation ("supply and demand") as to their prices. Hence why on a basic level the price increases when there is conflict (because supply is reduced). Following Fukushima demand dropped due to Japan's disaster and hence prices dropped some. That's admittedly not the whole story since prices are driven by human emotions largely in relation to such events, but it's a good summation.

But to stay in line with typical philosophy and paradigms here...IT'S A ZIONIST, OCCULTIST, NWO, NATO (AMERIKKKA) INVASION OF A SOVEREIGN COUNTRY TO GAIN ACCESS TO THEIR OILZ!!!!!!! LEAVE LIBYA ALONE! FREE LIBYA! FREE GADDAFI!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Nigeria is already in western hands, this a clear incasion of a sovereign country which the elites didnt have control upon it now they do and will.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Well I don't actually care who owns what. Nations come and go like dust in the wind. Sovereignty is a made up term when every nation that exists today was founded by stealing land from someone who came before.

I asked why would Libya matter if we had Nigeria. Your reply is not an answer to this question.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Makes sense seeing as one of the reasons they prices went up was because of the war in Libya.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Indeed. In fact, even in 2010, Libyan Oil production was falling and at it's peak, it didn't exceed the production of the UK or Norway! Then there is the fact that prior to the rebellion, the West's Oil firms were already set up in Libya and the rebels have said any contracts will be renegotiated, so the argument this is about Oil is ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Breaking:Oil prices should fall with Gadhafi overthrow

I wish I could say something like... oil just ain't that important.

But we know better. Our whole world is captive in a vaseline jar... with practically no hope of getting out anytime soon.

*sigh*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join