It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My only and much loved uncle died at three o clock this afternoon.

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And i dont understand my feelings. I believe 100 percent in an afterlife but i feel so sorrowful and empty. I know that they say that there are two definites in the world, death and taxes. i lost my mum when i was 25 but theres a different element to my emotion this time, i dont know if its because im older (43) , also someone very close to me that i dont want go into is slowly destroying themself with liquid substance abuse.
Sorry to be a whiner, sometimes i think its good to write things down.




posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My thoughts are with you. My favorite Aunt died just over 3 years ago from a long battle of alcohol abuse. I hope with all hope that the person in your life struggling with addiction can work through their issue before it is to late. When stuff happens like this in life you have to remember that there are no wrong feelings and that you ARE allowed to have those feelings.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I wish to extend my sincere condolence to you and your family. I know it's hard to appraise one's emotions at a time like this. The reaction to the loss of a loved one is unique in each and every case.

Losing someone you love is very painful. After a significant loss, you may experience all kinds of difficult and surprising emotions, such as shock, anger, and guilt. Sometimes it may feel like the sadness will never let up. While these feelings can be frightening and overwhelming, they are normal reactions to loss. Accepting them as part of the grieving process and allowing yourself to feel what you feel is necessary for healing.

Peace be with you.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss. My Aunt passed away years ago from a long battle with breat cancer. She was such a wonderful person. The sad thing is that my Grandmother (her Mother) had it before her and beat it. Then she had to watch her own daughter perish from the same disease. Death seems so final. Best wishes. ~SheopleNation



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife
 
From my experience, a big factor is how many plans you had for future events that were dependant on that person being a participant. If that person is no longer available, your future would look all of a sudden empty. I had my best friend die and then my girlfriend die and right when we had plans. Another thing is that you can't just replace these people. You feel left behind. It's not something you get over, at least I don't find it being that way. I found myself crying every single day, so don't feel bad or that it is just you, if you feel sad. I don't feel that having that empty feeling is a reason to get depressed and that those you love do not resent you being alive, and I am sure they expect you to join them in what would seem a very short while to them.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I wish to extend my sincere condolence to you and your family. I know it's hard to appraise one's emotions at a time like this. The reaction to the loss of a loved one is unique in each and every case.

Losing someone you love is very painful. After a significant loss, you may experience all kinds of difficult and surprising emotions, such as shock, anger, and guilt. Sometimes it may feel like the sadness will never let up. While these feelings can be frightening and overwhelming, they are normal reactions to loss. Accepting them as part of the grieving process and allowing yourself to feel what you feel is necessary for healing.

Peace be with you.


Thankyou so much, im trying to cheer myself up so can i just say your tinfoil hat is really rubbish



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why are we here? are we here just to die? Sorry stupid thing to say, one thing todays made me realise is that life can be taken away in a milisecond.
Im ok, thanks everyone.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Whatever you are feeling is okay, hon. One goes through a plethora of feelings when dealing with the grieving process. Being the Doctor's Wife, I'm sure that you're aware that there are 7 Stages of Grief, and one generally goes back and forth through these stages...
Know that I am sorry for your loss, and for what it's worth, here's a cyber hug ( )...



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Why are we here? are we here just to die? Sorry stupid thing to say, one thing todays made me realise is that life can be taken away in a milisecond.
Im ok, thanks everyone.
Because it is better than not being here.
People were created and then there seems to have been a conflict that arose between the gods for some reason, which wrecked our world. In the mean time, while all that gets sorted out, we keep being born, and then unfortunately dying.
God will eventually win out and all the dead who want to can start over, and all that unpleasantness will be compensated for. Or that is at least one way to look at it.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
Whatever you are feeling is okay, hon. One goes through a plethora of feelings when dealing with the grieving process. Being the Doctor's Wife, I'm sure that you're aware that there are 7 Stages of Grief, and one generally goes back and forth through these stages...
Know that I am sorry for your loss, and for what it's worth, here's a cyber hug ( )...

Im no doctors wife, theres no doctor, and if there were, in this country theyd probably stick me on valium on something.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Why are we here? are we here just to die? Sorry stupid thing to say, one thing todays made me realise is that life can be taken away in a milisecond.
Im ok, thanks everyone.
Because it is better than not being here.
People were created and then there seems to have been a conflict that arose between the gods for some reason, which wrecked our world. In the mean time, while all that gets sorted out, we keep being born, and then unfortunately dying.
God will eventually win out and all the dead who want to can start over, and all that unpleasantness will be compensated for. Or that is at least one way to look at it.


PLease let that be true.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife
 

PLease let that be true.
This is the religion section.
Sometimes threads get moved here by the mods from other sections so I don't know if you intentionally put it in here yourself, but that sort of thing would be expected here, religion.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So sorry to hear of your loss.
I see you 'around' ATS & always enjoy reading your posts, so I feel like I 'know' you in a way,

Its never an easy time losing someone you dearly love, & the fact you are older now and feeling it differently, is probably due to the fact you had a deeper appreciation of the ones you love, after the loss of your mum.
I hope you can find some solace in the many fond memories you must have with your uncle.
Sending you love & hugs at this sad time.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
So sorry to hear of your loss.
I see you 'around' ATS & always enjoy reading your posts, so I feel like I 'know' you in a way,

Its never an easy time losing someone you dearly love, & the fact you are older now and feeling it differently, is probably due to the fact you had a deeper appreciation of the ones you love, after the loss of your mum.
I hope you can find some solace in the many fond memories you must have with your uncle.
Sending you love & hugs at this sad time.


Cheers off to see auntie now with flowers and big box of choclates, i feel better today. The one consulation (and only brit members will appreciate this is) he was a lifelong swans supporter and he got to see them go into the premier league



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join