It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Police Raid Gun and Safe Store

page: 2
20
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex
 


It doesn't have to even be weapons or something exotic.

I saw Stormin' Norman in an interview after the Gulf War; when asked what weapon(s) had won the war he replied GPS and Night Vision.

There are more things than weapons that the military would want to keep out of civillian hands and off eBay.


edit on 21-8-2011 by [davinci] because: spelling




posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]
 


Reading the articles comments, one commentator said MRE's. That made me chuckle, but if it was a very large quantity, that adds up in cost.

During three tours in Iraq though, we used Garmins more often than the AN/PSN-13 as they were faster aquiring the sats and often more accurate. They're also smaller. One bad thing about them is you can't encrypt them if we had decided to lock the sats out for only military use.

I haven't heard, nor saw anything that we have recovered those weapons yet though.

I'm looking forward to see how this one plays out.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well some night vision tech is strictly regulated, remember the girl who tried to smuggle some to Russia? Some night vision gear isn't allowed to leave the states! Maybe someone stole a bunch of it?



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5
 


Actually I Live in vegas so this is something I can comment on. The AF was involved for one reason... One of the people involved was in the AF. Thus local police called in the AF security to be they were in the loop for the arrest and subsequent trials (if any).



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk
 


Thanks for the local perspective on the story. It helps to have someone on the ground provide us some feedback on current events. Is there any updated links on the story?



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Nuke Kids On The Block


Originally posted by byeluvolk
The AF was involved for one reason... One of the people involved was in the AF.

Or so the Air Force would have us believe.

It should be pretty obvious by now that an operation this size could only have been for something big. Or small, but big in a figurative sort of way.

The only logical explanation is that this was a high-sensitivity recovery operation. For a tactical nuke. Or maybe an alien. Or an alien carrying a tactical nuke in his hands. Or tentacles. Or whatever it is aliens carry tactical nukes with.

Yep, that's the only thing it could be.

Everything else is disinformation.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The local papers have some info but we can't link to them because of an ATS legal issue with the papers.


By Antonio Planas
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Posted: Aug. 21, 2011 | 3:38 p.m.

An Air Force raid conducted at a central valley gun store Friday was meant to recover stolen property, an Air Force official said Sunday.

Linda Card, spokeswoman with the Air Force's Office of Special Investigations based in Quantico, Va., said investigators who conducted Friday afternoon's raid at the gun store did recover property stolen from Nellis Air Force Base.

"It was nothing lethal," Card said. "There were no weapons involved."

She said she didn't know exactly what was recovered, but noted the store owner was interviewed and has been cooperative.

"Whatever it was came from Nellis, and they've given it back to Nellis," Card said.

The owner of the store had not been arrested as of Sunday afternoon.

Card said more interviews will be conducted on Wednesday. She described the investigation as "ongoing."

The gun store, Citadel Gun & Safe, is at 4305 S. Dean Martin Drive, near Flamingo Road.

Card said officials conducted the raid after obtaining two federal warrants for stolen Air Force property.

She said Las Vegas police and the FBI assisted in the raid because there were many unknowns prior to the operation.

"They didn't know what they were dealing with," Card said. "As it turns out, it was nothing more than just stuff stolen from the base."

Witnesses saw SWAT officers shouting "search warrant" enter the store with guns drawn.

One witness, Joe Gold, whose Bahama Mamas cigar office sits behind the gun store in the business park off Interstate 15, described to the Review-Journal Friday what he saw.

"We saw them break that door and everything," Gold said. "They were everywhere here."

Police were seen going in and out of an office behind the gun store that witnesses thought was not being used.


Las Vegas Metro has a large swat team by the way.

they use it from time to time.

LV has a lot of drug gang activity, and big buyer activity in the nightclubs.

LV metro area has 2 million+ population.

Nellis AFB is right on the NE tip of the city limits, near mountains.

lots of cool aircraft always around there.

EDIT: forgot to add that the store is close to the RIO Hotel and Casino (a few blocks away),
on the west side of the strip/I-15 freeway. Maybe a 1/2 mile from Caesar's Palace and Bellagio.
edit on Aug-21-2011 by xuenchen because:




posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude
 


Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this unconstitutional having the military raiding civilian on u.s. soil.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by wayouttheredude
 


If it was some spooky stuff, it wouldn't be on the news. The gunshop and its owner would cease to exist on any record or database. Air Force Security Forces and local cops wouldn't be handling spooky stuff. The spooky people handle the spooky stuff.
edit on 21/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: it



FYI, the spooky people were there. If someone can get a still from the news video of the Black Yukon XL and post it, I'll donate a star.
Here is one.


edit on 22-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


No weapons = sensitive / classified electronics equipment

If its highly classified, it makes snese to have military present in order to secure it without compromising what it is any more than has already occured.

Even though they say no weapon, I guess it could still be some type of item that can be used with explosive (nuclear material etc) that on its own would be just hazerdous.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


It was probably a cooperative effort with Air Force OSI, hence the black Yukon.

Anything involving munitions, weapons, or anything else military related that has been stolen from the government will usually involve OSI on some kind of level.

OSI will typically cooperate with local authorities to investigate the suspects and retrieve the stolen property. That's especially important when you're dealing with stuff like automatic weapons and 50 caliber ammunition. It happens! Sometimes it happens and people don't get caught.

Then a year or two later some drug dealer will get busted and have crates of 50 cal API ammo in his living room or something. I know this happens because I worked in Munitions in the USAF for 6 yrs.

The OSI is really meant to be a "shadow" task force of sorts. Every Air Force installation has an OSI office.

Sometimes, people in the guard/reserve/active duty will get recruited into the OSI to basically "spy" on other soldiers in their units without anyone in their unit knowing they're actually OSI. It does happen. We used to joke about it all the time but it does happen. Especially involving units on an Air Force base that are tasked with overseeing things like Munitions, weapons, etc...

The U.S. Army's version of "OSI" is "CID".

-ChriS
edit on 22-8-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to post by Violater1
 


It was probably a cooperative effort with Air Force OSI, hence the black Yukon.

Anything involving munitions, weapons, or anything else military related that has been stolen from the government will usually involve OSI on some kind of level.

OSI will typically cooperate with local authorities to investigate the suspects and retrieve the stolen property. That's especially important when you're dealing with stuff like automatic weapons and 50 caliber ammunition. It happens! Sometimes it happens and people don't get caught.

Then a year or two later some drug dealer will get busted and have crates of 50 cal API ammo in his living room or something. I know this happens because I worked in Munitions in the USAF for 6 yrs.

The OSI is really meant to be a "shadow" task force of sorts. Every Air Force installation has an OSI office.

Sometimes, people in the guard/reserve/active duty will get recruited into the OSI to basically "spy" on other soldiers in their units without anyone in their unit knowing they're actually OSI. It does happen. We used to joke about it all the time but it does happen. Especially involving units on an Air Force base that are tasked with overseeing things like Munitions, weapons, etc...

The U.S. Army's version of "OSI" is "CID".

-ChriS
edit on 22-8-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)


Agreed, one can never be too careful.
btw, that's "my" Yukon



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Stuff like this happens all the time , it just rarely makes the headlines because the government likes to keep these sort of things "hush hush". I'm not saying it's alien tech or some super secret squirrel device , it's probably something mundane and has had active investigation going on for a while.


We had 2 armorers that stole close to a dozen AN/PVS-7B's , (6) M16A2's , and (2) M240G's they were finally caught because they were trying to build a MK19 piece by piece by ordering replacement parts and it finally raised a red flag.(I don't know how they'd get around a new receiver)
The sad part is that this went on for almost 6 months and no one knew a thing.

Back in 2000 when we swapped from flaks to the interceptor vests , supply guys were selling interceptors on ebay @ $1000 a pop. If you were cool with the supply guy , he'd sign off when you EAS'd and guys were taking their interceptors home with them... A funny thing started happening though , all military members began being "randomly" searched when flying back to CONUS from HNL (Honolulu International)

edit on 22-8-2011 by EyesWideShut because: .



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by xuenchen
 


No weapons = sensitive / classified electronics equipment

If its highly classified, it makes snese to have military present in order to secure it without compromising what it is any more than has already occured.

Even though they say no weapon, I guess it could still be some type of item that can be used with explosive (nuclear material etc) that on its own would be just hazerdous.


Pretty good guess.

Nellis AFB extends for hundreds of miles.

most of Nevada is govt land including Area 51.

a lot of weapons and aircraft testing takes place all the time.

it would not to hard to smuggle things away since the test ranges are open desert.

although the whole area is constantly monitored, its still a giantic land area with lots of hiding places.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude
 


Not yet, I will keep a look out and see if anything pops up.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by minesweeper
 


The military did not raid them, the military where only there in an advisory role. The SWAT team did the raiding. AF security forces were only present as an AF member had stolen AF property and was trying to pass it off to the Gun store. Thus the local SWAT team had them on hand to ensure the items were recovered and that any AF personnel that might have been involved had the AF police there to deal with them in any way that was necessary outside of the local law.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


Yes black Yukons around. As that is the standard vehicle for OSI, which as mentioned a few posts up is the AF security “Office of Special Investigations” the equivalent of the FBI to local police. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of them, as I did not know you collected them.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude
 


I Guess some in the military are geting tired of the lies and are and will leak out secretive files? interesting thread OP



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
reply to post by Violater1
 


Yes black Yukons around. As that is the standard vehicle for OSI, which as mentioned a few posts up is the AF security “Office of Special Investigations” the equivalent of the FBI to local police. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of them, as I did not know you collected them.



Is “Office of Special Investigations” like the Navy's NCIS ?

I think NCIS use federal agents, not actual military personnel ?



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by wayouttheredude
 


I Guess some in the military are geting tired of the lies and are and will leak out secretive files? interesting thread OP


I don't think anyone is leaking out "secret files" to a Gun Shop....
I'm just sayin



new topics

top topics



 
20
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join