It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable in my opinion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would like to explore what "science" that posters to this thread see presented in this video though.

Would make for some good discussion

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallcheese
I would like to explore what "science" that posters to this thread see presented in this video though.

Would make for some good discussion

To EXPLORE the SCIENCE of something....one must use the SCIENTIFIC METHOD.

OBSERVATION....We can only observe what someone has video taped....we don't have the tape to test for any DOCTORING or SIGNS OF COMPUTER CGI or anything.....so that is out the window.

Since we have no way or have any viable data that can be authenticated....their is no possible way to use the Scientific Method and gain honest and verifiable results in any way.

All that can be do is guess and theorise. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I certainly agree that the video was interesting to watch, however your statement

It's real proof positive. You can no longer ever say it's people's imagination.

is a pretty bold statement. I read this OP believing that you might have, no matter how unlikely, found some evidence that
would leave little room for doubt that Aliens exist, and are visiting our lil blue marble. As I watched the video I couldn't help but feel as I have when I watched an Alex Jones video after he made such a claim. CHEATED.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Hessdalen phenomenon is strange in that in this case legitimate scientists are willing to study 'strange lights in the sky'. Why is the Hessdalen excepted from the usual ridicule and actually investigated? There is no universally accepted scientific or otherwise explanation for these lights but oddly enough they in particular are accepted as a real phenomena. They are UFO's in the truest sense of the term though.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Marfa lights as yet, which have a similar kind of history as Hessdalen in some ways.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

How about his: watch the documentary about the phenomenon. Its the most studied UFO phenomenon on the planet, involving scientists from around the world from many different fields of study. This area of Norway is under constant human, video, and radio observation and thousands of people have witnessed the strange lights there, among several other extremely odd situations and events. There have been soil samples taken, spectrum analysis conducted on the lights, and so on. Try looking into something a bit before saying its fake, a hoax, and unscientific. Hell, in one of the photographs taken from the area, you can clearly see a blue spiral in broad daylight. Sound familiar? (I must mention that I'm pretty sure the Norway spiral was a missile, but the Hessdalen photo of a long blue spiral is just strange)

Also, I can' seem to find where the OP mentioned aliens, and yet everyone attacks him/her for saying this is proof of aliens. A similar phenomenon can be seen at Brown Mountain North Carolina, though it is much more rare.

What I don't understand is why you people do this kind of crap. I think religions are the biggest hoax on the planet, but do you see me over in the religious forums saying "JESUS IS FAKE UR ALL DUMB!" No, you don't, because I'm secure in my knowledge that religions are control mechanisms, and I don't give a damn who believes me and who does not. What do you gain by this type of behavior?
edit on 21-8-2011 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives
reply to post by DeNaga

demons are more complicated then you have been led to believe

Of course - coming from a Christian and their one book.

When will it end????
edit on 8/21/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

It seems to me everyone here is using a different definition of UFO and therefore there's isn't much productive conversation. The original poster never said "alien spacecraft." The fact is the Hessdalen lights represent a new aerial phenomena. This isn't contentious. There are countless papers by numerous universities documenting the scintillation. No one knows precisely what it is or how it forms. Therefore it's an unknown.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Hessdalen phenomenon is exactly why the term UAP is used instead of UFO.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

They're probably top secret military stealth aircraft. Maybe some of them...I don't know

edit on 21-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

This is precisely what TPTB want you and everyone else to think. This is how the lie keeps itself. They flood forums like this with disinfo so that none of us know what is real and what is a blatant lie. We are NOT alone people. Our governments cannot keep this hidden for much longer. As much as they want us all to believe that these sightings can be explained away by swamp gas, Chinese lanterns, etc., don't for one second believe their stories. Soon we will all know the truth, and this is what they fear the most.

Why? Because we won't need them, we won't need our religious leaders, our history books will be a lie and we will all finally see this. Those that believe must stay the course. Soon, very soon, our creators will make themselves known.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by SplitInfinity

How about his: watch the documentary about the phenomenon. Its the most studied UFO phenomenon on the planet, involving scientists from around the world from many different fields of study. This area of Norway is under constant human, video, and radio observation and thousands of people have witnessed the strange lights there, among several other extremely odd situations and events. There have been soil samples taken, spectrum analysis conducted on the lights, and so on. Try looking into something a bit before saying its fake, a hoax, and unscientific. Hell, in one of the photographs taken from the area, you can clearly see a blue spiral in broad daylight. Sound familiar? (I must mention that I'm pretty sure the Norway spiral was a missile, but the Hessdalen photo of a long blue spiral is just strange)

Also, I can' seem to find where the OP mentioned aliens, and yet everyone attacks him/her for saying this is proof of aliens. A similar phenomenon can be seen at Brown Mountain North Carolina, though it is much more rare.

What I don't understand is why you people do this kind of crap. I think religions are the biggest hoax on the planet, but do you see me over in the religious forums saying "JESUS IS FAKE UR ALL DUMB!" No, you don't, because I'm secure in my knowledge that religions are control mechanisms, and I don't give a damn who believes me and who does not. What do you gain by this type of behavior?

Orchus....your preaching to the choir....I know as FACT that E.T. is a reality. I was just saying that although the video is compelling to watch....it just doesn't provide proof positive of anything as we have no way of independent verification or study of all aspects of the vid. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

Documentaries can be hard to watch for anyone depending on from what premise the entire piece derives from.

I have had the Ancient Aliens running for a while today and was dumbfounded to find that now EVERYTHING that I had ever studied that was of mysterious nature is now presented as some kind of proof of aliens.

I did quite a bit of research on Oak Island many years ago now and was rather irritated that Ancient Aliens has apparently decided and proclaimed that it was aliens that buried the ark of the covenant?

No one that I know of from the study of the Island ever even remotely thought that there was anything alien nor mystical about it then and can't seem to make sense of EVERYTHING being cataloged as proof in such a way.

There are other areas where lights in the sky are witnessed by many people and to my knowledge there is still no concrete evidence that the phenomena are from anywhere other than earth.

The video itself shows little to my eye of any real scientific proof and would love to see all the data regarding the spectrograms and what they have used as comparisons using the same identical video equipment

I have seen others making such claims with no data presented on how they come to the conclusions.

The question that arises for me regarding this particular area and the seemingly regularity if events is simply why has no one attempted to fly to the events to investigate the lights?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I like how in the video, at 5:22 the narrator says:
"so, it's still too early to say for certain what the origin of these lights is, and what these flying objects really are."

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I've seen this video before and basically a group of university students who have captured UFOs flying through
the sky, but real proof would be alien communication up close, being inside ufos, government disclosure

and quite frankly I don't think the government wants to come out with the truth

I think theres more proof by watching multiple videos and merging the important sections together.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't know much about earthquake lights, but what I do know, is that they don't occur at near the rate UFO sightings are reported. What a lame excuse. I have seen some very real things, which I can't explain, nor does the opinion of most scientists. All I do know is that it wasn't from here. Or at least the technology isn't.
edit on 22-8-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DeNaga

Hey, here's a theory. Those who are meant to see a 'UFO' are meant to see it. And those who do not were not. If you have never seen one, then don't believe in them. At the same time, you can't tell someone who has that they do not exist.

I've thought about that too. Other than something like demons like our friend JesusLives suggests, what do you think might be the nature of the connection between UFO and the witness. You sound like you are suggesting interaction on some level prior to the sighting.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Definitions of UFO are enough to drive someone crazy. UFO means aliens or UFO means flying saucer to many. As soon as someone mentions 'UFO,' someone else has to come over and laugh at them for 'believing' in aliens and besides, 'the Solar System is too vast' for 'space aliens to be visiting us.' Sooner or later someone adds that it's 'arrogant' not to believe because the 'universe is so vast....'

All these arguments miss the point of what the U means in Ufo.

The video is great and makes the same mistakes! They take us from unknown (unidentified) phenomena to a collection of flying saucer pictures. That's a jump. Throwing in the mysterious cut-out of earth done with 'laser precision' was a red herring too...razors and lasers get a lot of abuse in the paranormal.

Whatever Hessdalen Lights eventually become known as, the phenomenon will probably go on to explain a number of UFO sightings reports and the descriptions therein will, once more, be seen as accurate. Chances are it will join the podium with weather balloons, sundogs and superior mirages reflecting Venus of a cow's ass. I guess it'll be fair enough too if it helps to identify something accurately. The person who reported it won't need to be called a liar or a crank either; they'll be considered lucky.

Funnily enough, there's an idiotic example of debunkery in the comments on the video.

And yet not ONE SINGLE close up image of these UFOs exist. No close up videos, NOTHING. Not ONE SINGLE image captured is worth anything. NOT ONE. MAJOR fail.

The guy hasn't read a word on Hessdalen Lights and just had to make a comment. Before the video, he probably used Argument 1c: Not one good image of a UFO...so they don't exist.

In the face of video footage of Ufo activity, he has to change to 'no close up,' so they don't exist. He's thinking of 'space aliens' instead of light phenomenon. Given a close-up, the next step would be, 'it could be film of anything.' The guy's got a phallic-shaped head (T&Cs).

Apparently, Ted Roe and others have been observing a similar area in Arizona where a lot of this activity is present. I think he's described daylight activity too, but that's another subject altogether.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I've seen this observatory on another video before.

Some of the pictures they have of lights flying up and down the mountains are amazing!

Thanks for putting this out there.
I'm noticing more and more people being turned onto the topic of UFO's.
Infact i'm certain that the media is responsible for introducing this to people in a "not so unbelievable" way.

It really is like we're being prepared.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The only proof that is exposed about UFO's with little aliens in them is that people in this modern society are losing their marbles. Insanity is now a genuine illness sweeping the globe (and ATS)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Though earthquake lights maybe real, we don't know enough about the underlying physical mechanisms to use them to explain some reported UFO lights. If we can't can't explain when or why they occur, then how can we be sure that it occurred when a UFO was reported -- see the problem.

In any case, some reported UFO's from military officials and commercial airline pilots don't fit the description of these earthquake lights:

www.nicap.org...

Apparently in 12-11-55 Navy Jets had a dogfight with a "UFO"

Also, these UFO's appear to be intelligently controlled:

www.nicap.org...

Also, these sitings occurs over areas that may not be seismically active.
edit on 22-8-2011 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Xtraeme

Definitions of UFO are enough to drive someone crazy. UFO means aliens or UFO means flying saucer to many.

Leslie Kean described it pretty well in her book in my opinion.

Defining the Indefinable: What Is a UFO?

There exists in our skies, worldwide, a solid, physical phenomenon that appears to be under intelligent control and is capable of speeds, maneuverability, and luminosity beyond current known technology.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join