It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY Ron Paul WILL win in 2012. (&Why Trolls are a blessing in disguise.)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
“British person here saying Ron Paul 2012!
MrCrowbarFace 19 hours ago 43 likes”

“New Zealanders Love you Ron Paul!
There’s an old saying: COMETH THE HOUR, COMETH THE MAN'
THE TIME IS NOW, RON PAULS OUR MAN...
IF YOU WANT THE USA TO REMAIN A SUPERPOWER YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CHOICE
Ron Paul the Great 2012!
TheJayEffkay 2 hours ago 3 likes“

“Canadian here - supporting Ron Paul!!
korboismywaifu 3 hours ago 2 likes”

“Polish people support Dr. Ron Paul last hope America to return a normal value! They feed you in McDonalds, burger kings an other #ty place and food. They debt you as a society. They manipulated you in media-press. They low your education system. They give you false religions.
Did you have a enough inside power to fight for your freedom and brings to your homes?
We believe. YES YOU CAN!
chemik87PL 7 hours ago 2 likes”

“SUPPORT FROM AUSTRALIA!! PLEASE AMERICA!
milhuisen 17 hours ago 2 likes”

The rest of the world has woken up, have you?

Ron Paul is scaring The Establishment silly, because he speaks the truth. It has been made clear to me that almost always, the people who do not like Ron Paul are the ones who do not understand him and what he supports. There are a number of people trying to spread hate, fear, and lies regarding Ron Paul, and I always hear the same exact things coming from their mouths. “He’s too old,” “He’s Racist,” “He can’t win,” are some of the favorites among such people. I am here to explain why these, and some of their other lines, are ignorant statements that can be easily debunked if you know your facts. Let’s begin. (All of this is information is verifiable by simple Google searches).

1. Ron Paul is against gay marriage, supports polygamy, etc.

A. These are half-truths. Although Ron Paul personally does not support gay marriage, he realizes that the Constitution supersedes his individual religious beliefs. He believes that each state has its own right to determine the definition of marriage, in whatever way they choose to do so. This is constitutional.

2. Ron Paul wants to legalize [heroine, meth, coc aine].

A. This is twisting the truth. Ron Paul believes that the federal “drug war” has failed, and it is wasting our money as it imprisons otherwise innocent, nonviolent people. He also knows that the people fighting the drug war tend to target minorities, which completely goes against our countries values. Ron Paul believes that the issue of the legalization of any drug is an issue to be left up to each individual state, as per the constitution. Yes, this too is constitutional.

3. Ron Paul is a racist.

A. One of the most ignorant statements that could be made. Minority groups actually support Ron Paul, largely because of his stance on the drug war. The reason some people believe Ron Paul is a racist, is because he does not support the affirmative action laws we have here in the United States. Not only are the laws clearly unconstitutional, they actually foster discrimination, by forcing people to look at an individual’s skin color. As long as we recognize skin color as even a factor in determining something, our discrimination will not go away. Ron Paul wants to remove those laws so that people can be chosen for work or school based on who they are as an individual, not by the color of their skin.

4. Ron Paul is not “electable,” he is “not a good enough speaker,” he is “too fanatic,” etc.

A. Last I checked, we were voting for President here, not Homecoming Queen. Electable is a made up word, used to say that Presidential candidates have a good stage presence and can maintain their calm, “intelligent” composure even when speaking on issues that should get everybody as fired up as Ron Paul. This goes for being too “fanatic” and “loony” as well. Since when is a passion for Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness a mental disorder? Puh-lease.

By the way, if you want to talk “un-electable,” how about Mrs. Michelle – reeducate gays – Bachmann? That’s constitutional, right there.

5. Ron Paul is “too old” to be President.

A. Ronald Reagan, an American favorite, was elected at sixty-nine and ended his presidency at seventy-seven. Now I understand, Ron Paul is seventy-six, but that is beside the point. Older does not equal Worse, though society might have you think otherwise. Older actually implies more experience, in every area of life. The longer you live, the more you learn. In this sense, Ron Paul would actually be better than the other candidates because of his age and experience (which includes being a Doctor, being in the military, being an author, and having a seat in congress for over thirty years).

6. Ron Paul is just another Elite “Puppet,” Ron Paul is “just like Obama; promising things he never plans to do as president.”

A. Let’s take a look at some things Ron Paul has said and done.
- As a doctor, he lowered his prices or worked for free in order to not have to accept Medicare and Medicaid benefits. He also “refuses to sign up for the government pension he would be entitled to, in order to avoid receiving government money,” as he thinks it would be hypocritical.
- He believed the monetary crisis of the 70’s was caused by excessive government spending on the Vietnam War and Welfare (the same view he has on wars and welfare now).
- He has proposed legislation to decrease the Congressional Pay according to rates of inflation.
- He has voted consistently in congress for years, and he never changes his views to cater to a specific audience. His one true view is the Constitution, and that has not and will not change.
- A great number of his political views lean towards being “anti-establishment,” and he consistently speaks of reducing Federal Government intrusion in our lives. Yep, sounds like an Elite Puppet to me.

7. Ron Paul’s supporters are all “internet” supporters, “too young to vote,” “unwilling to get up and campaign for him,” etc.

A. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being popular on the internet, and as far as I’m concerned, that is actually a good thing. The internet is the fastest method of communication that we have, and it is also the best method to reach people outside of your own community. As for his supporters all being too young to vote, it is clear that that is not true. Let’s look at some statistics.
- Ron Paul placed second in the Iowa Ames Straw poll, taking 27.6% of the roughly 16,000 votes cast. He fell behind only Michelle Bachmann, who - in her own state - got 28.5% of the votes.
- Ron Paul holds the record for the largest amount of money raised in one day by any presidential candidate.
- Although Time Magazine never followed through with telling us the results of its Bracketology poll where voters picked who they thought we become the GOP Nominee, plenty of people saved pictures of the results, where Ron Paul won over half of the votes cast. (If anyone has seen where they officially announced the results, please let me know.)
- Today, on Ron Paul’s birthday (August 20th) his supporters have organized a money-bomb. Half-way through the day, he has almost cleared the two-million-dollar mark. Although this is only a third of the amount that allowed him to set the record for fundraising in one day, the day is not over, and it is telling nonetheless. His supporters are giving him the best birthday present he could ask for, and I guarantee you that they are not twelve-year-olds.

I would like to add, that just because “Ron Paul’s supporters have a zeal for [voting in online polls],” does not invalidate any results that come of those polls. What it means is that the people really do like Ron Paul, and are dedicated enough to his message to actually vote in such polls. Maybe the reason none of the other candidates receive such online support is because they don’t have it? Anyone consider that? I believe if anyone else had such support, the media would glamorize the heck out of it. We the people are doing our job in supporting Ron Paul, and will continue to do so until the Election is Over.

8. Ron Paul can not win.

A. This one is quite simple. The more people believe this, the less they will do to put Paul in a position to win, and the more they will fulfill their own prophecy. If you support Ron Paul, do what you would want anyone to do for you if you were running for president, and get the word out about what he believes. Know your facts, so that you can easily debunk the lies of all the Trolls out there. This is key. Nobody has ever accomplished anything by truly believing that they could not do it. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy; don’t fall into that trap.

Ron Paul will win in 2012, but he can’t do it alone. We the People need to help him. Here are some suggestions for those that are unsure of how to help.

- Register Republican, so that you can vote in the primary of your state. (If your state has an open primary, you do not need to do this. Here is a site listing every primary, Open and Closed.
- Make a campaign contribution. In today’s world, money is necessary for everything, especially Media Time. (The media is not only powerful, it is everywhere. A very useful tool.)
- Tell your friends, family, and acquaintances about Ron Paul. Most people who don’t like him don’t know their facts. Know yours.
- Get Ron Paul’s name out there. A great way to do this (while monetarily supporting Ron Paul) is to use the RonPaul2012 website to buy things like t-shirts, ball caps, buttons, bumper stickers, yard signs, bracelets, and more. Window chalk for your car windows is great visibility, too.
- Social networking sites such as Facebook, Youtube, and internet forums are extremely useful places to get the word out to many people at once.

That should at least get you started, any comments, criticisms, or ideas are welcome. (:
Ron Paul 2012!

edit on 8/21/2011 by nihonjindesu08 because: Link For Primaries

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You clearly missed my point.

Ron Paul does not want to LEGALIZE any drugs, he just wants to end the FAILING Drug War, and let states choose for themselves what is illegal or not, AS PER THE CONSTITUTION.

Tenth Ammendment says: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"

As I believe I told you in an earlier thread, friend.
(:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
see, I'm a BLESSING in desquise. great aye.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

Is a troll anyone who does not think he will win?
People prefer the evil they know over the evil they don't.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

No Sir/Ma'am, a troll is a person who makes clearly unresearched, ignorant statements regarding Ron Paul in order to spread disinformation and, often on ATS, derail threads from their original point.

Anyone is welcome to not like Ron Paul, for valid reasons, though.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Great thread. S and F for you. Two things; Do you have to be a registered resident of a state to vote in their primary? and nice try again Kro. What you just said is exactly what she's talking about. I'm so sick of seeing your comments in threads.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08
reply to post by newcovenant

No Sir/Ma'am, a troll is a person who makes clearly unresearched, ignorant statements regarding Ron Paul in order to spread disinformation and, often on ATS, derail threads from their original point.

Anyone is welcome to not like Ron Paul, for valid reasons, though.

I like Ron Paul and think he is one of the best candidates out there but if he was given the GOP nomination I would fall over. Reince Priebus is looking for more "corporate welfare sponsors" and MIC friendly candidates. No corporations are going to back him and without the military industrial complex behind him - I don't think you can push him over the line. Can you write in a President? That you might do.

Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate in the field that can get the Democrat vote.
This is enough to make him undesirable to a large faction of your party and unfortunately for you (and probably me) those illustrious members are the ones with enough money to "buy" the nomination.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
on the topic of drugs:

Ron Paul believes in personal liberties, having the right to decide and be in control of our own bodies.

Ron Paul believes it is up to the state to decide (not federally decided) whether or not certain drugs are to be illegal or not.

Ron Paul wants the government to get out of the war on drugs, which is a failure and money pit.

So anybody that states that Ron Paul wants to legalize drugs to scare current and potential Ron Paul supporters and paint Ron Paul in a negative light, I do believe it is trolling.

In my opinion, it is very easy to debate Ron Paul because there isn't any dirt on him and it just makes things so easy....so easy...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I never stated anything about his stance on federal laws so why throw the 10th amendment at me?

I simply pointed out his stupid logic by a quote he made.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugged

I would assume you would probably have to be a resident of the state to vote in the primary, and actually I just looked it up and it seems I'm right.

So MODS, I have a question. My post earlier that said, "Yes, Trolls are a great opportunity to research and know your facts. (:" Was deleted. It was not intended to be rude; I was actually agreeing with the person. Plus, its true. People saying things you don't agree with is a way to build your argument, by understanding why you don't agree with them.

Was it removed cause I used the word Trolls?? I've seen other people use that word numerous times.. Please explain! I don't want to do whatever I did again!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You've only had 1 removed? I've had like 6 today

But you shouldn't really ask for reasons in open disucussion as you may get a quicker answer by messaging them.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thank you, sir, I will do just that. And unlike some, I do not aim for getting posts deleted.
I truly do not want it to happen again.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

This is an awesome thread!!! If I could give you an 'applause' I totally would. Well written, very articulate and very educational! Very glad to have read it. Since we share a common goal, and if I may, I would like to link to a thread I authored to help our candidate get into the White House.

Helping Your Candidate Win In 2012 - Information You Need To Know

This is in NO way intended to hijack, derail or in any other way steal from this wonderful thread. I hope the points made here, along with the points in my thread (which is fully made possible by the work of MANY ATS members who contributed in a previously closed thread), will help Ron Paul win the GOP nomination and the Presidency in 2012.

Awesome thread, OP!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

My motto recently is that cooperation is always better than competition, so thanks for linking to your thread! &thank you for your flattering compliments. I will try not to let it build up my ego too much

Ron Paul 2012, friend. (: We can do it.

P.S. I didn't know about the delegate part of things until I read your thread, I plan to look into it and possibly try and be one, so thank YOU for the info!
edit on 8/21/2011 by nihonjindesu08 because: Spelling, Grammar Nazi Here

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Bummer. Thanks for the answer though. I only asked because I didn't see Kansas or Missouri on the list you provided and was thinking of road tripping to the closest primary.

EDIT: I must have missed Missouri earlier, but I still don't think I can participate since I'm a Kansan.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Plugged because: Found it!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I wonder why...Get a real job man. I'm sure the pay isn't bad and working from home is fun, but seriously, have some integrity.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugged

Bummer. Thanks for the answer though. I only asked because I didn't see Kansas or Missouri on the list you provided and was thinking of road tripping to the closest primary.

EDIT: I must have missed Missouri earlier, but I still don't think I can participate since I'm a Kansan.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Plugged because: Found it!

Just adding this as I heard about it in another thread:

Kansas Primary Canceled

No, given precedent, the fact that Governor Sam Brownback (R) signed HB 2080 into law today, canceling the Sunflower state's 2012 presidential primary, should not come as a surprise. Kansas has not held a presidential primary since 1992, opting instead for cost savings and party-run caucuses. 2012 will now be no exception. The state stands to save $2 million by suspending the 2012 primary and waiting on 2016.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So, after reading EagleTalonz' (hope I spelled that right) thread, I figured I should add this to my own.

Voting in primaries is apparently only one part of the Primary Puzzle.
There are people called delegates, which is who you are "voting for" when you vote in a primary. Based on the amount of votes a candidate gets in your state, they will get a certain number of delegates to go on and THEN actually vote for the nominee. It is my understanding that the more delegates there are, the better? Though it could be different based on states.

Basically, a candidate not only needs people to vote in primaries, they need delegates. Requirements for becoming a delegate are different by state, but it seems like it isn't TOO complicated of a process? Haven't read through everything yet so don't quote me on that (Ha. Ha.) I plan to do it if I'm eligible and will have the time.

Anyone with additional information on this process, feel free to post!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join