It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Goes Back To The Gold Standard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The U.S. will be back on the Gold Standard within five years in my opinion as the recent financial crisis and a stong push by supporters will finally convince people that the time has come to reverse this mess caused by Nixon.

If history is any kind of indicator, by 2013 we'll return to money defined in terms of something real. No currency in history has lasted longer than 42 years after its intrinsic backing has been abandoned, and it was 39 years ago that President Nixon severed the dollar's link to gold.

Over the ensuing decades the U.S. economy alone has suffered three dollar-driven oil "shocks," more than three recessions and a contraction of its capital base thanks to a unit of account that has collapsed in value.

www.forbes.com...

There will also be new television ads promoting the return to the Gold Standard coming soon.

New ads encourage voters to support gold standard

I believe the pressure will be too much for those opposed for a return to this and we will see it's implementation soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
5 Years?

So for every truckload of paper dollars you will receive one golden coin

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They had best get some gold then...because the last i heard Fort Knox didnt have any, and the USA sold huge chunks of there gold reserves lol

At this rate Libya will be the worlds new super power

en.wikipedia.org...

Gold holdings peaked during World War II at 20,205 metric tons (649.6 million oz. troy). Today, holdings are 4,578 metric tons (147.2 million oz. troy )

edit on 21-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Ain't that the truth. The dollar is becoming more and more worthless each day thanks to the Federal Reserve. The price of gold has skyrocket and I think it's at 1,800.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

by 2013 those who are left will be using the clam standard

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Haha point taken! Let me rephrase then.

The U.S. will being a return to the gold standard within five years with complete compliance expected in 20.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If the US returns to the gold standard, what happens with the Federal Reserve?

Would they hold our gold reserves (scary thought)?

Would the US Treasury print United States notes and the Federal Reserve notes become obsolete?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As much as I would like to see the gold standard return, I can assure you it wont happen, ever! For one people love their electronic payment and credit they get issued(so do the card companies) but the Dodd Frank bill would not allow it either. That bill was written in a way to reword the laws to their benefit.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I think this says a lot....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

I think this says a lot....

Hahahahaha.

Ben Bernanke is like a dear in headlights.

He must have nightmares about Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
so this is why you see cash for gold places everywhere!!

take back our gold so they can take all the wealth back while were stuck with nothing. nothing new there i supose!! they always and i mean ALLWAYS have things planned ahead....

its just a matter of putting the pieces of the puzzle together to get a picture of what their up to, and then try get a step ahead(which seems impossible lol)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I found it utterly amusing that Bernanke says neither gold NOR T bills are money. Even though he covets T Bills as trade currency and 'asset gurantee' for Fed Reserve notes. So if T Bills aren't money, then the Fed Reserve notes they borrowed against are equally as worthless.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't believe the U.S will go back to the gold standard because this whole mess that is our Current Currency War has been planned and is going exactly how they planned it, years ago..Please give my thread a quick skim to see what I've come up with as to why things are the way they are at the moment and why they will not go back to gold standard at least until the coming war is over..www.abovetopsecret.com...
I posted this a few hours ago and it just reappeared on the new topic page but hasn't received much attention, I'm guessing due to the whole Libya thing going on...Sorry OP I don't mean to redirect people from your thread but I don't want to re-post everything I just wrote in my thread which directly is in opposition to your thoughts in this thread.....

new topics

top topics

join