Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The amphibious operation is now reported as being Operation Mermaid Dawn, according to Al Jazeera.

Still havn't mentioned what ships were involved though.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
BBC reporter is in a Tripoli hotel still controlled by pro Gaddafi forces and reporting some fierce gun fights just outside the hotel (the hotel that the state tv network has been ran from since the tv station was bombed)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I hope the Rebels are not walking into a trap. They could get into central Tripoli and find themselves surrounded by Gaddafi soldiers.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I love the way the people on the streets are chanting "god is great" - yeah, because he has been pretty great for you up to now hasn't he???

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I hope the Rebels are not walking into a trap. They could get into central Tripoli and find themselves surrounded by Gaddafi soldiers.

Thats what I would do

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by seiva7

Looks like disinformation to me. It could be older than we know.

Don't say that, Seiva7 and Agent_USA_Supporter will jump on you claiming that YOU are disinfo and that you're wrong for supporting freedom and democracy in countries where its own people are demanding it and celebrating every small victory they get against the oppressors in government.

Hey
Listen Libya will be a puppet state to west, democracy is sure falling in Eurpore.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Thats off topic insult

that you're wrong for supporting freedom and democracy in countries where its own people are demanding it and celebrating every small victory they get against the oppressors in government.

and dont make me laugh with that, why not just rename the planet to Planet democracy since the elites are it your the one supporting the globalists eh?
edit on 21-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This article makes it seem like NATO is really propping up this rebellion and the Libyan Armed Forces are still very much in control. Not only of Tripoli, but Misrata, and Zawiya also.
Rebels Defeated in Misrata

If nothing else, this and the Russian TV reports provide an interesting counter-point to the Western Media's claims.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

fox news was reporting that qaddafi fled to algeria. what ever came of that?

second line
edit on 21-8-2011 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Well he may be still in that country for all we know.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Just heard on Sky news that although there is a no fly zone in effect, there was a plane aloud to leave earlier but it landed in Malta

Could this have been the Colonel ??

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nice, our government gives billions of tax payer dollars to give these dictators weapons to prop them up, knowing they're brutally oppressive. Then, when it looks like things are going tits up, they switch sides and spend millions more tax payer dollars to help the opposition knock the dictator we gave billions too before, down. Then, we'll give billions of tax payer dollars to the new brutal dictatorship that arises from this, so they play nice with the global bankers. The ONLY way people in those countries will get a democracy, is if they build one themselves, without or interference one way or the other.
edit on 21-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
edit on 21-8-2011 by 27jd because: double post gremlins

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

We didn't give billions to the Colonel like we did with Saddam. We were never on decent terms with him until after the fall of Iraq in 2003. After he saw what happened to Saddam he reached out.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This isn't going to end well. Gadaffi STILL has wmd's in the form of gas agents still avaliable not to mention possible nuclear weapons that could have been developed unbeknown to the UN/NATO. I think Gadaffi is buying his time and is letting the rebels putting all their eggs in one basket, he publically announced that if Tripoli fell then he's willing to take the rest of the country with him.
That to me means I think he still has one last 'ace' up his sleeve.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have only one major concern at the moment:

Is Boncho OK? Has he fled to safe ground?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why oh why... Why are you all soooo against Ghaddafi? Is it because the msm has told you too? or is it because its the current trend?! Please.. all of you in this thread that support Ghaddafi 1 by 1 tell me you reasons. I will listen very closely, i expect you listen very closely when i reply. So come on... Have at it!!!

Why do you hate Ghaddafi?
(and no "hes a crazy man whose killed his own people" IS NOT a good enuf excuse)
edit on 21-8-2011 by 412304 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 412304
Why of why... Why are you all soooo against Ghaddafi? Is it because the msm has told you too? or is it because its the current trend?! Please.. all of you in this thread that support Ghaddafi 1 by 1 tell me you reasons. I will listen very closely, i expect you listen very closely when i reply. So come on... Have at it!!!

Why do you hate Ghaddafi?
(and no "hes a crazy man whose killed his own people" IS NOT a good enuf excuse)

Being a crazy man who kills your own people is not a good enough excuse??? hahaha you turnip!!!

FTW - I am neither for or against Gaddafi as I am not Libyan nor in Libya - therefore it is non of my business, I am just relaying the reports coming into the various media sources.

Happy now your royal highness???

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

This isn't going to end well. Gadaffi STILL has wmd's in the form of gas agents still avaliable not to mention possible nuclear weapons t

Wheres proof? you saw what happend in iraq, NO Wmds, and no gas agents were found.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yeah, but it's just another example of our warped and chaotic foreign policy, we had Saddam, Mubarak in Egypt, whatever happened in Bahrain that we don't hear about anymore. Bush was singing his praises, and a lot of money was going to Ghadafi from the Europeans for oil, etc. We don't know what's gonna happen long term in these countries or what kind of blow back we're gonna get, but we often find the a-hole dictator vacuum gets filled pretty quickly with another dictator, or a theocracy. I'm sure the mullahs in Iran want to just pinch our devil cheeks, and thank us for giving them Iraq.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join