It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
RT was reporting about an hour ago that NATO aircraft have launched cruise missiles at installations in Sirte. They also reported that many of the tribes in the south are not anti-Gaddafi and not pro-Gaddafi and have simply been paid off to stay out of things.

NATO has done that kind of thing before.

I have heard an Italian commentator say that both the Americans and the Italians are known to have paid the Taliban to be quiet in certain sectors of Afghanistan at certain times. He said the Italians were rotated into a tough sector for six months and told the Taliban, "We don't care what happens here. We just want six months of quiet until we're out of here." They got it.

The Americans had a helicopter full of money shot down in Afghanistan according to the commentator who was being interviewed on Al Jazeera, I believe. He says a behind the scenes scramble for access to Libyan resources has been taking place among the NATO allies.

A French intelligence analyst says he thinks that NATO started planning this Libyan operation two years ago.
edit on 26-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Wouldn't surprise me. I bet civilian casulaties are going to be high. I just watched the live feed of the link you posted and as the news reporter spoke, the rebels were firing rockets indiscriminately towards tripoli. They also dragged people from their apartments, tied them up and beat civilians who resisted and claimed they were all Gaddafi loyalists, even more so if they're not native Libyans, accusing them of being mercanaries from other African nations. So a lot racism & discrimination going on there as well. Shameful.

Open Letter to David Cameron
www.moscowtopnews.com...
edit on 26-8-2011 by kindred because: link

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The rebels are certainly not in control of Tripoli as this report indicates. An abandoned hospital and no clean up crews on the streets picking up bodies.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There is a good audio file at the following link. It discusses the backround and motivations of the players trying to oust Gaddafi, as well as a look to the follow up expected to take place next, in Syria..

tarpley.net...

Qaddafi’s Leadership Structure is Intact; NATO’s al Qaeda Infantry a Contemptible Rabble; Get Set for a Long War

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

What can you say except, it's absolutely shocking. We should sit our leaders down and make them watch these videos, so they can see their own sick handy work. Not that it would make any difference, as I doubt they even have a conscience.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Sorry I have not been able to stick with this tread as the OP however I have been busy with other commitments and not had any internet access.

I have however been continuing to follow developments inside Libya particularly the role that Special Forces assets form Brittan and France may be having in Libya just now. It is interesting that the fall of Tripoli has not been as smooth as was first being portrayed by the media as are the current operations in Gaddafi’s home town where I have heard that SCUD missiles have been launched and NATO air support has been active.

If I have missed out on anything significant on this thread please let me know, anyway am away to go read through the last 20 pages.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is probably old news to people who follw Libya regularly, but I thought I would throw it into the mix.

theweek.com...

Now leading Libya's ragtag army of rebels, Khalifa Hifter has a mysterious past that's raising provocative questions. Once a top commander in Moammar Gadhafi's own army, he left its ranks after a disastrous campaign in Chad, then moved to a home five miles from CIA headquarters in northern Virginia, where he lived from the early 1990s until mid-March, 2011. What happened during those 20 years in the U.S.? Hifter's lifelong friend Abdel Salam Badr reports only that Hifter somehow supported a large family. With the CIA mingling among the rebels, some commentators are wondering: Is Hifter a CIA plant?

It seems clear that the CIA latched onto this guy for potential use against Gaddafi in the future.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by stumason

Your're the one talking BS. I just happened to be watching the BBC when they aired that propaganda. So I know it's true. Believe what you want. Keep believing and defending your corrupt government and UK media. I highly doubt it makes any difference what evidence I post, as you'll always come up with a different point of view, with no evidence to back it up, except propaganda and lies from the UK government & media, which you like to defend to the hilt.

HAHA, I assume you are aware, of course, that the reason I trust more reputable site than random blogs is because you're random blogs are pretty much guilty of perpetuating a hoax and you have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

And you call me all sorts of names for believing in "MSM Propoganda"....

Whatever dude. Any credibility you had has now flown out of the window.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

assume you are aware, of course, that the reason I trust more reputable site than random blogs is because you're random blogs are pretty much guilty of perpetuating a hoax and you have fallen for it hook, line and sinker. And you call me all sorts of names for believing in "MSM Propoganda"...

It sounds like you have Agenda stumason but it isnt going to on here, first off that thread was talking about the perpetuating a hoax by the mainstream news.

inculding by al jazeera.

, that the reason I trust more reputable site than random blogs is because you're random blogs are pretty much guilty of perpetuating a hoax and you have fallen for it hook, line and sinker. And you call me all sorts of names for believing in "MSM Propoganda"...

Sorry but MSM isnt trusted do you know even who owns most of the mainstream media?
Ted Turner,CNN,FOX Rupert Murdoch,etc they are the ones who said the most evilest things about the normal people, they dont care about the poor nor middle class.

Oil Spill Might Be Message From God - Ted Turner

you have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Stop it ok? your mind game isnt going to work, on here the MSM hasnt told anyone the Truth they have been lying about the rebels and lying about everything as it seems, but it seems that you have some sort of a Agenda whatever that means your a NATO worker, or someone working with the BBC and thus is defending them.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
One of Webster Tarpley's points in the audio link above is that Gaddafi is being shellacked in the mainstream media for being a brutal dictator, but if you look at the UN Human Development Index, you will find Libya listed at #55 out of 172 countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

Does this mean we have 117 "Spring Revolutions" to look forward to, including one in Russia, which is listed #67 on the UN HDI? I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
NATO is the new bully on the block it seems. It is very different from what it is supposed to be:
www.nato.int...
They seem to love looting and encourage the world to loot, and strangly the media reporters are happy with the looting also. Morals are changing, I guess I will go rob my local bank since it is OK to do so now. The guy with the biggest guns makes the rules.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Tarpley makes another interesting point in the audio discussion linked above and that is, that countries around the world are becoming more and more concerned about a disregard for international and other laws, by the major players on the world stage.

Anyone who followed George W. Bush's excellent adventure as US President will know that there is a criminal mindset and a criminal culture that has permeated all the ruling echelons of American society, legislative, executive, judicial, regulatory, right down to the notoriously corrupt civic administrations and police departments of the US.

The US intelligence agencies, the banks and the legislators are the de facto partners of international drug traffickers.

Recent American foreign policy can be summed up in one phrase, "steal what doesn't belong to you".

Nowadays, to deal with America and it's friends in NATO, you have to think like a member of a street gang. They aren't even sneaky anymore. They just stick you up.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Why does nobody care to look at such facts? Why does everybody seem to think Gaddafi is the next freakin Hitler??? We must be out of our freakin minds!>!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

Most people are too busy or too stupid to look into matters and think critically.

The media is controlled heavily. They self censor, in a conditioned, Pavlovian manner. They are completely in love with their jobs and don't want to lose them. They are the key to controlling the herd.

The herd is always being stampeded by its leaders, usually to safety. Only the human herd are stampeded by their leaders into danger, for reasons that usually have to do with money.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This is where society needs a commentary by Carlin or Hicks....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Stop trying to change the subject. The reply was in response to your claims that you think that Gadaffi and the loyalists will emerge victorious. You are just spouting off on a whim without thinking it through. Gadaffi and his ideology will go the same was as the Ba'ath party in Iraq. Gadaffi, nor his sons, are ever going to be in a position of power in Libya. All this Al Q fear mongering. Al Q in Iraq were considered useful idiots as part of the insurgency, but look what happened when Al Q tried their crap in some of the districts. The Iraqi simply came together and eradicated them after they started trying to impose their non-sense.

TJ

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

You are just spouting off on a whim without thinking it through. Gadaffi and his ideology will go the same was as the Ba'ath party in Iraq. Gadaffi, nor his sons, are ever going to be in a position of power in Libya. All this Al Q fear mongering. Al Q in Iraq were considered useful idiots as part of the insurgency, but look what happened when Al Q tried their crap in some of the districts. The Iraqi simply came together and eradicated them after they started trying to impose their non-sense.

since you have a grudge agaisnt me and you always post TJ at the end of your posts.

Gadaffi, nor his sons, are ever going to be in a position of power in Libya

Says who you? and NATO Nazis?

as another user said here

r, but if you look at the UN Human Development Index, you will find Libya listed at #55 out of 172 countries.

Gadaffi and his ideology will go the same was as the Ba'ath party in Iraq

i dont think so Gadaffi improved libya alot and he did alot for his country then the NATO Rebels will have.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
OK, so the only way the rebels (Al Qaeda) could make it into Tripoli was when British mercenaries led the way, and NATO air strikes opened the path. However once inside Tripoli, NATO air power is useless.

Incorrect. NATO is still striking loyalist positions inside Tripoli. You forget that low impact weapons are being used to pick off loyalist armour and artillery in certain areas. Kinetic weapons such as inert Paveway will also be used in built up areas. Inert laser guided weapons were first used in enforcing the Iraqi Northern and Southern No Fly zones and during and after the invasion of Iraq.

TJ
edit on 26-8-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I have this strange feeling your just troll, since you have a grudge agaisnt me and you always post TJ at the end of your posts.

Good grief. I'm a Troll? That is laughable. I'm simply responding to you as I can't believe the drivel that you post. Your are so conspiracy driven it really is beyond belief. Simply getting out of bed must be a conspiracy to you?

Is it against the rules to sign posts? I've been signing my posts on Internet forums for years. Is that now a conspiracy for you? What next a disinfo agent?

It is no use whining on forums. I can see that it is upsetting for you that Gadaffi has been ousted from power. Live with it. All I can suggest is that you set up a shrine to him in order to keep his memory alive.

TJ

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Your are so conspiracy driven it really is beyond belief. Simply getting out of bed must be a conspiracy to you?

i am not conspiracy driven i am only questing the goverments motives and the lies created by the mainstream news MSM.

Good grief. I'm a Troll? That is laughable.

Alot of people have made threads and you have only made posts which i find that questionable.

Is it against the rules to sign posts? I've been signing my posts on Internet forums for years. Is that now a conspiracy for you? What next a disinfo agent?

Other users dont do that TJ stands for a real name
i dont remember anyone on here of posting such initials.

thats why i cant take you seriously then, oh and also i am only questing the libya war for ever war that has happend theres always a conspiracy or a covert motive by the elites.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join