It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Only hundreds out on the streets, yet there was tens of miilions when Gaddafi gave his speech.

Tens of millions? That is quite an achievement in a country that only has 6 million people and only 2 million of them live in Tripoli.

Are you guys not finding it harder and harder to claim "propoganda" or how the rebels only have a tiny amount of support? ALL the evidence, even from Agent_USA's beloved Russia Today (not biased at all..No, not one bit...honest), is showing massive rebel support and a total loss of control of the Gaddafi regime?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

ALL the evidence, even from Agent_USA's beloved Russia Today (not biased at all..No, not one bit...honest), is showing massive rebel support and a total loss of control of the Gaddafi regime?

I could say the same thing about you stumason Oh Surely al jazeera has no agenda dont they?
or the way the rebels today waved the Qatari Flags thats not biased at all from al jazeera or any other western news networks isnt it or the way how they both lied about gaddafi sons been captured thats not biased isnt it? or that CNN article the top 10# myths of libyan war.

That article is very biased and alot of readers agreed that is biased.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
According to RT, the British have troops on standby in Cypress and elsewhere who will in all likelihood be deployed in the aftermath of the fight for Tripoli. They expect around 1000 British marines and other soldiers to be deployed in the case of disorder following the end of the main conflict.

If RT bothered to report news instead of bias nonsense, they'd know that the UK has had thousands of troops in Cyprus for decades. We have two massive, Sovereign Air bases there, with shed loads of warplanes too. Nothing to do with Libya whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

If RT bothered to report news instead of bias nonsense,

Sorry but western news networks inculding al jazeera are not credible with that little stunt they did today by waving qatar flags its pretty much all clear now Oh and can you stop with that?

After this artlice CNN Published

Top Ten 10 Myths of Libyan War

You still believe the western news networks lies? unbelievable

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'm just going to say this now, so there is no confusion later. I am not going to engage you in debate because, quite frankly, I'd have a better intellectual discussion with my young kids.

Don't assume, like you have claimed previously, that my refusal to engage with you is a sign of my "defeat" at your hands, I just have better things to do with my time other than argue with the likes of you, such as pick my nose and scratch my balls, which is infinately more fufilling.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'd have a better intellectual discussion

you have a better intellectual discussion then because your pro west? and i am not

Don't assume, like you have claimed previously, that my refusal to engage with you is a sign of my "defeat" at your hands, I just have better things to do with my time other than argue with the likes of you, such as pick my nose and scratch my balls, which is infinately more fufilling.

I guess your post proves my point about the western mainstream news network and there propaganda doesnt it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
CNN Anderson Cooper a Women from libya with her real name, commenting on the rebels, and gaddafi this should be interesting, just letting updating this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

No more bickering.
Discuss the topic and not other members.
It detracts from the subject and is not fair to those who wish to read and post on the topic.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Terms & Conditions Of Use

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

According to RT, the British have troops on standby in Cypress and elsewhere who will in all likelihood be deployed in the aftermath of the fight for Tripoli. They expect around 1000 British marines and other soldiers to be deployed in the case of disorder following the end of the main conflict.

If RT bothered to report news instead of bias nonsense, they'd know that the UK has had thousands of troops in Cyprus for decades. We have two massive, Sovereign Air bases there, with shed loads of warplanes too. Nothing to do with Libya whatsoever.

That report came from the BBC as well. I think the breakdown was 600 marines and 200 other soldiers. They are talking about using them in a policing capacity and facilitating humanitarian efforts in the aftermath, if they are needed. The foreign secretary has huffed and puffed when asked about putting troops in, saying no, but refusing to rule it out altogether.

It will look god awful if they are needed. I expect we may see troops securing oil facilities as the Americans did in Iraq after Saddam's fall.
edit on 23-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is a lot of blather in the mainstream media about what a brutal guy Gaddafi was and how great it is to be rid of him. He is a lot like two other brutal guys, Saddam and Tito of Yugoslavia, both brutal bastards who were the most progressive and pro-western leaders of their respective times and places.

The fact is that when you are governing what amounts to the Hutus and the Tutsis, you have to be brutal to keep the peace and to get them to work together.

The humanitarian democrats of the West will restore chaos in short order and get back to the business of plundering Libya, that was so rudly interrupted by the Libyan patriot Gaddafi.

Gaddafi's billions might have been stolen, but they were still Libyan. We'll see where that money goes now.

A chunk of it will go to pay for NATO operations throughout the uprising, many hundreds of millions of dollars already.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think I owe an apology. I have been hunting for a BBC reference to the 1000 British troops said to be on standby to go to Libya. I can't find it. That kind of story should be easy to find in the British media if it has already been broadcast.

It doesn't mean it's not true, but it might not be true.

I think it is likely true, or a version of it is true. I can't imagine a circumstance where it would be false, frankly, but I may have gotten mixed up about where I heard it, jumping from one broadcast to another on different channels.

A slice of humble pie for me with my usual side order of crow feathers, please.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think Syria and Assad will be the next war..www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The big question is whether the Iranians and the Russians will allow that. At some point someone is going to say enough is enough. The Americans are playing with a world catastrophe, just as that clever man, Hitler, did on the road to WW2.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

The Russians and Chinese are precisely the reason nothing has or will be done to Syria, aside from maybe sanctions. They will veto any UNSC resolution against them.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

That report came from the BBC as well. I think the breakdown was 600 marines and 200 other soldiers. They are talking about using them in a policing capacity and facilitating humanitarian efforts in the aftermath, if they are needed. The foreign secretary has huffed and puffed when asked about putting troops in, saying no, but refusing to rule it out altogether.

It will look god awful if they are needed. I expect we may see troops securing oil facilities as the Americans did in Iraq after Saddam's fall.

I doubt very much it was ever on the BBC, because we have the channel on 24/7 here at work and I have been combing their website back to front, and I have not seen any mention of it whatsoever. Night shifts are slow!

No troops will be deployed and there are no plans, otherwise we'd have them building up by now. For the most part, the rebels seem to be quite good at maintaining law and order in towns already under their control.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Actually I heard them discussing, troops going if they are invited last night on Sky news. But were reminded that David Cameron would have to watch what he was doing, hopefully he will remember the fiascos both Iraq and Afghanistan has turned out to be,

There are British SAS soldiers supposedly in there already, as well as French secret services, all speculative no confirmed reports, but NATO can still say they do not have troops on the ground either way.

And for the record they were only counting 200 British troops, not 8000 as was previously stated. Besides the Army is overstretched as it is, and the British Public will not stand for it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

That report came from the BBC as well. I think the breakdown was 600 marines and 200 other soldiers. They are talking about using them in a policing capacity and facilitating humanitarian efforts in the aftermath, if they are needed.

Yes, if they are needed. The Royal Marines are termed a "rapid reaction" force for a reason. They are always on some form of standby just in case we should ever want to invade China or Argentina or Timbuktu and the Libya scenario is only marginally more likely.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

And you be all for it?

Or would you be against UK troops becoming involved in another conflict.

I for one would not be for it. The British public has had enough of the UK becoming involved in more conflicts
edit on 24-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
BBC reporters this morning confirmed the rumours that NATO bombed the way into Gaddafis main complex in Tripoli allowing the piss poor trained comical rebels to enter.

Monday nights rebels ferried in by sea,and other splinter cells already in the city who did the green square propaganda briefly before being forced to retreat when loyalist forces came out and drove them out just waited out till NATO did all the hard work yet again!

Sources say at least 400 rebels were killed during that intial pull out,a high number for any army!

NATO have gone far beyond the UN mandate,with SAS being used as ground troops for lighting up targets for the planes.They might not be engaging the loyalists with bullets but they certainly used bombs

If the loyalists have brains to engage they will melt away and uprise later when the Nato mission is wound up.

It does look that many in Libya are happy to see the old power come to an end,thats a good sign

but-Like others on this site I cant imagine the many tribes and gangs that make up these rebel forces sticking together in a power share to run this country.Hopefully they will prove us wrong

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join