It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
And

2112: Libyan rebel leader Mahmoud Jibril says there will be a summit on Libya in Qatar on Wednesday - Reuters.

Qatar eh? among all places you can bet al jazeera will be there.

With that now i do see a connection why al jazeera from qatar was supportive from the start
edit on 23-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wish RT would put up their live feed again. I would love to get a realtime look at what is going on around the compound.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

# In a symbolic gesture, rebels broke off the head of a statue of Colonel Gaddafi and kicked it along the ground

Just like how they stagted with the saddam statue i am seeing a bit of deja vu on the media part, sorry for reapeting this but it really feels like its all stagted inculding how they broke off the head of a statue of Colonel Gaddafi and kicked it along the ground.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

According to the text crawl on RT's prime time newscast, fighting continues in Tripoli and NATO continues bombing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Haven't seen or heard about any bombing in Tripoli, people are all over the streets from what I can see on the live feed so it seems pretty unlikely that NATO would still be bombing.
edit on 23-8-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Can you post a link to what you are watching.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

It was on Sky News just a second ago, they keep going back and forth between various reporters around Libya and a live shot in Tripoli where people are celebrating.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Are any of the scenes night shots? I haven't seen anything taken at night. The BBC correspondent was fired on in the evening.

edit on 23-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
These are the latest tweets from the BBC.

www.bbc.co.uk...

2207: More from Col Bani: "Sabha will be the last stronghold for [Gaddafi]." He said Col Gaddafi was "being protected by foreigners whom he brought from neighbouring countries and granted Libyan citizenship".
2203: Rebel military spokesman Col Ahmed Bani tells Al-Arabiya that rebels are engaged in a fierce fight with Gaddafi loyalists for control of the southern desert city of Sabha.

Tom Rayner of Sky News tweets: Tonight from our position in Western Tripoli we can hear jets in the skies & several large explosions - targets not clear.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I've been watching live shots from the Square (I think its called green square or martyr square im not sure which) and its night time and they're just standing around celebrating it seems. For the most part the focus of the media seems to be on the Capitol city.

Sky news now reporting that Gadaffi forces are shelling the town of Zuara so there probably are still ongoing NATO operations since there is still fighting elsewhere in the country.
edit on 23-8-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

2207: More from Col Bani: "Sabha will be the last stronghold for [Gaddafi]." He said Col Gaddafi was "being protected by foreigners whom he brought from neighbouring countries and granted Libyan citizenship".

and once again i dobut his in Sabha i still believe Gaddafi left the country, just a feeling.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
More tweets from BBC.

2222: Pro-Gaddafi forces are shelling the western oil town of Zuara, Al-Arabiya reports.

2215: Rebel TV has broadcast what it says is live footage of Tripoli's Martyrs' Square (formerly Green Square) showing hundreds of people waving revolutionary and Qatari flags and dancing on and around vehicles

Is Sky taking a rebel feed or broadcasting their own feed? There is a hint in the tweet that the rebel claim might need to be verified independantly.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Holy cow why Qatari flags? something with that picture isnt right

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
BBC showed a blonde Tripoli resident could be from a western country, maybe britian? and now BBC is claming they are only ordinary rebels carrying guns for the first time they are teaches, etc what nonsense.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
According to a briefing given by Col. Roland Lavoie of NATO there is still a lot of fighting going on between Sabha and Tripoli. NATO has attacked a couple of mobile rocket launchers one of which had launched rockets at Brega.

It will take some time for all government forces to be mopped up, barring a surrender. There may yet be a significant battle for Sabha.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Due to the quality I'm assuming it's Sky's own live feed. The crowd has been growing since the first pictures were being broadcast, earlier there were people doing donuts in their cars, this is no longer possible as the square now seems full from the pictures.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Contrary to popular belief there are quite a few blonde people in North Africa, especially amongst the berber population.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The MSM seems to be recycling a lot of old footage. I can't find any continuous real time coverage from Tripoli, where it is now after 11:00 PM.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Here is a photo of one (for a few days anyway) of the most famous North African blondes in the world. Bushra Binhisa, who got spotted in the world wide alert for the missing Madeleine McCann.

She's a cutie.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
One of the interesting little subplots in this story is the phone call that took place yesterday, I believe, between Gaddafi and Kirshan Ilyumzhinov, the head of the International Chess Federation. Mr. Ilyumzhinov was undoubtedly used by Gaddafi to plant a false trail to somewhere that he is NOT.

It wouldn't be that hard to make it seem that a telephone conversation was passing through a certain repeater when it was actually coming from a remote location. I have no doubt that was Gaddafi's intention with that phone call.

That may have been the moment that he decided to make a run for it.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join