It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
The only people in denial are those who subscribe to the BS coming from western media sources.

It is called psychological warfare. See it from the Rebels point of view? They move into Tripoli and then claim that they have captured Gaddafi's sons. The aim is to spread rumour and disruption within the ranks of the pro-Gaddafi forces in a fast flowing situation. How many of Gaddafi forces simply gave up and melted away thinking that the game was up? The game is essentially up for Gaddafi and his forces so a bit of hard spin to try and hasten the end is only to be expected.

Look back at the beginning of the conflict and the Libyan claims of success against NATO and Coalition forces? They claimed French aircraft and Qatari aircraft shot down within days of commencing operations. They also claimed to have shot down NATO attack helicopters within day of their deployment. The aim was to bolster public support with false victories even though they hadn't shot down those aircraft. Both sides have used the psych game in order to achieve their aims.

TJ

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

I love your use of the word, "mistaken". There was nothing mistaken about it. It's deliberate propaganda and lies. Nato has plenty of media correspondents in the country and that is why they are there. To keep a lid on the truth and spread lies and disinformation. The fact NATO has to lie is proof enough what they represent and what they stand for.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Fighting looks like it has really picked up

news.yahoo.com...

TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — Fierce fighting erupted around Moammar Gadhafi's main military compound in Tripoli on Tuesday, hours after the Libyan leader's son and heir apparent turned up free to thwart Libyan rebel claims he had been captured and rally supporters.

Im also watching the live camera feed from Tripoli, and there is alot more gunfire and explosions today than there were yesterday. (I actually dont hear much of any honking this time, just gunfire and explosions)

rt.com...
edit on 23-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

You think I need a lecture on what it is. I know exactly what it is and why they do it. Deliberately lying and deceiving your own people here in the UK & US is nothing but criminal, but then criminals is all they are.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Al-jazeera is saying, about 30 minutes ago, the rebels have breached the first gate into Gaddafis compund.

blogs.aljazeera.net...

Libyan opposition forces have breached the first gate of Muammar Gaddafi's fortified Bab al-Aziziya compound in Tripoli, Arab news channel Al Arabiya reported on Tuesday.

Russian chess federation chief Kirsan Ilyumzhinov said on Tuesday Muammar Gaddafi had told him by telephone that he was still in Tripoli, alive and well, and had no plans to leave the city.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Reuters reporter saying that G-forces are no longer resisting and that opposition fighters have pretty much taken the compound. Reports of fighters firing into the air in celebration.

Al Jazeera reporting that opposition fighters are in "Gaddafi's House".

Associated Press reporter saying that "hundreds" of opposition fighters are flooding into the compound.

BBC/Sky now showing footage of celebration inside the compound.
edit on 23/8/11 by Soshh because: Additional reports

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The news of his capture was allegedly made by the rebels and allegedly confirmed from and ICC source though the ICC has stated they never gave an official confirmation of his capture (Im assuming this was because they themselves could not confirm the news).

It was perfectly reasonable for media to report his capture given that they had multiple sources. As soon as this turned out to be incorrect they were quick to make sure that they reported that he was still alive.

As I said No one knows what happened yet, the fact that Gaddafis other sons are reportedly captured means it was very likely there was a mistake made and the wrong person was reported captured, in the chaos of war this is a reasonable mistake to make.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

personally if you ask me bun11867 i dont think Gaddafis family or him is in the compand

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Let's at least be honest and call them coalition agents instead of Libyan rebels.

The truth will come out, but once again it will be too late. The damage is done, the country destroyed, the wealth looted and thousands of innocent civilians murdered.

They don't care if the truth comes out - they've achieved what they wanted, got the loot, killed thousands, plastered the country with DU, and are immune to any consequences.

The Global Butchers have had their bloody way once again.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The RT live feed is back on the roof cam now but you can hear allah u akbar over the loud speakers of the muezzin towers. I'm wondering if the fight is over in Gaddafi's compound. Gunfire can still be heard of course.

At one point the RT live feed was coming from on the ground within the walled neighborhood where Gaddafi is holed up. There was celebrating in front of a building with a statue in front of it of a fist crushing a jet fighter.

Ironic failure of Gaddafi's air defenses.

Note: The RT live feed is not in service at the moment. (Toronto time 12:43 PM EST/DST)
edit on 23-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
RT is now reporting that the rebels have captured Gaddafi's compound but calls the report "unconfirmed". Apparently more than thirty countries now recognize the NTC as the authority in Libya.

rt.com...

The rebels claim they have captured Gaddafi's Bab al-Aziziya compound in Tripoli, where Colonel Gaddafi has possibly found shelter for the last three days.
Reuters correspondents report they can see Libyan rebels firing into air inside Bab al-Aziziya compounds, celebrating their success. Rebel sources told Al Jazeera they have entered Colonel Gaddafi’s house, raised their flag over it and control now all the complex. The claims have not been verified yet.

Sources on the ground say that NATO jets were struck at watch towers, walls and other buildings in the Bab al-Aziziya complex earlier in the day, reports the Daily Telegraph.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
According to RT, the British have troops on standby in Cypress and elsewhere who will in all likelihood be deployed in the aftermath of the fight for Tripoli. They expect around 1000 British marines and other soldiers to be deployed in the case of disorder following the end of the main conflict.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
BBC is now reporting that the Gaddafi compound is now being looted by the rebels. The correspondent says the scene reminds him of the fall of Saddam in Iraq. One wonders if that's where the similarities stop. I hope so.

Update: They have stolen a refridgerator and are spitting on Gaddafi's golf cart.
The big payoff.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I've got Sky news on at the moment, they're live inside the compound, rebels in control and celebrating with gunfire and singing and chanting.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
SURELY more bullets have been fired in celebration than in battle????

Wait until Gaddafi come out of hiding with a small army - just as the rebels need re-supplying!!

Also I am a bit surprised that the compound was not rigged with at least some explosives

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

With that you can tell everything seems either stagted doesnt it? and no i dont think gaddafi is hiding in a hole
i find that laughable, i think he already left libya.

Something isnt right with this picture.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The BBC correspondent agrees with you. He said he doesn't think that Gaddafi has been anywhere near the compound for weeks.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
Also I am a bit surprised that the compound was not rigged with at least some explosives

Maybe Gaddafi plans to move back in.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This just in:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Paul Danahar BBC Middle East bureau chief tweets: Ran with everyone else in compound. #Gaddafi forces started attacking as darkness fell. 3 bullets whistled just above my head #Libya

Hold on to your hats folks. Is this Gaddafi or is this the provocateurs who will bring the British troops ashore.

Double apology. The tweet was timed at 21:03 local time, so these shots were just fired. The MSM hasn't caught up to this yet. It is likely that it is not clear how significant this attack is just yet.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I see some of western faces in that live shot and western hired mercenaries and whats this? the rebels are taking down that staute of the iron first with a american jet fighter? that footage looks stagted, just look at the fake cheering
its pretty obvious that the rebels are hired western mercenaries.

from your link.

Ahmed Al Omran tweets: Jibril: USA, UK, France, Turkey, Germany, Qatar and UAE will be in tomorrow's conference. The goal is to secure funds for people's salaries.

people's salaries? thats a new.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join