It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Or he isnt even in libya nor his family, expect the two sons maybe that was his part of the plan.

edit on 21-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Not sure where I stand on all this yet but I found this article that was written a couple of days ago. Thought it was kind of interesting in light of recent events.

freepress.org...

A few sections of the article:

"Here’s breaking News from a confidential source inside Tripoli. And it’s nothing like what CNN is broadcasting… Pay attention to live reports from Zawia.

First, today the power went out in all of Tripoli today. As a gift to the Muslim community for their 17th day of Ramadan, NATO bombed a power plant and six high voltage sub stations.

Second, the media outside is trying to win this war by completely flipping the truth upside down. Ghadafi is stronger than ever. Today, people gathered in two areas of Tripoli where people said NATO was planning on bombing. Hundreds of thousands of people waving green flags, chanted (Allah, Muammar, Libya, Wah bes) (God and Muammar makes Libya complete). Dancing and daring NATO to come and hit them.

Dr Moussa Ibrahim stated yesterday that Oil Companies of the aggressor nations are trying frantically to open avenues of communication with any and every minister trying to garner favor and regain their once lucrative contracts. You won’t see that in the Western news, even though this release was given to all the journalists here in Tripoli."

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It seems to be over for Gaddafi.

I saw some footage of the rebels advancing along the highway toward Tripoli in their pickup trucks and few armored vehicles and thought that if the Libyan army can't stop these guys, then it's all over. In addition, there was another high level defection just the other day, of Gaddafi's second in command, I believe.

Personally, I believe the Libyan people, like the Egyptians before them, may be disappointed by the results of their efforts. They are going to wind up with the government that the US wants them to have. That's not always a bad thing. We here in Canada aren't exactly writhing in agony under our government. If the Libyans achieve our standard of living and stability, I will say "Well done!" . . . if.

The problem is that the West has a time honored tradition of ripping off the people of Africa. The Libyan Council of National Transition has chosen to get in bed with the upholders of that long tradition.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by huck68

The reason you won't see any of that on "main stream" news is because it hasn't happened.

Gaddafi is done for, crowds are out in force in Triploi waiving the old flag and cheering the rebels.

I doubt NATO hit the power plant and power certainly isn't out in Tripoli as live broadcasts clearly show. It is more likely localised power cuts if anything as a result of fighting or the staff have gone home to be with their families.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Or he isnt even in libya nor his family, expect the two sons maybe that was his part of the plan.

Yeah some plan 2 son's captured 1 killed his army of merc's dead no defense plan for tripoli (something that even a NOVICE would have a basic understanding of ) and most damingly no backbone i mean comeon he could have been the first dictator to put up a fight instead of just redecorating his bunker a nice shade of rose red.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
NAYO Plans to stay in libya for Peacekeeping

From CNN and Fromthe horse mouth CFR
Source

Quick deployment of a peacekeeping force of several thousand paramilitary police, mainly to keep order in Tripoli and other population centers, would help ensure these goals are met.

The European Union and its member states can deploy several hundred paramilitaries. Turkey and Arab countries might supply the remainder. An international peacekeeping operation would not administer Libya but would support an inclusive interim authority in maintaining stability, providing humanitarian assistance, and beginning the reconstruction process.

told you so

beginning the reconstruction process.

I heard this one before
Just like Iraq and afghanistan those Peacekeeping forces are going to stay in libya for a long time just like afghanistan.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here is a recent report from "Green Square", now renamed "Martyrs Square" in the center of Tripoli. The rebels appear to be in control of the area. Unless there is a surprise envelopment planned, it looks like it's over for Gaddafi. Tripoli is not going to be another Stalingrad. It looks more like Walmart on sale day.

edit on 22-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I see alots of directing in that footage the guy wearing the red hat, telling them where to go in front of the cam and also why are there no women in this footage? thats very strange if you ask me.

Zeina Khodr

Ah she has been with the rebels since day one, a Qatar repoter.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I dont want to ruin the sheeple party, but does anyone have a solution to that problem yet?

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links ...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Libya: the West and al-Qaeda on the same side

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

The WikiLeaks cables, initially revealed by The Daily Telegraph and dating from 2008, identified Dernah in particular as a breeding ground for fighters in a number of causes, including Afghanistan and Iraq.

"The unemployed, disfranchised young men of eastern Libya have nothing to lose and are therefore willing to sacrifice themselves for something greater than themselves by engaging in extremism in the name of religion," the cables quoted a Dernah businessman as saying.

once again WikiLeaks was proven right.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I see alots of directing in that footage the guy wearing the red hat, telling them where to go in front of the cam and also why are there no women in this footage? thats very strange if you ask me.

The guy in the hat is keeping the revellers, who are rebel fighters, clear of the news crew.

Ah she has been with the rebels since day one, a Qatar repoter.

She is an Al Jazeera reporter, embedded (in the journalistic sense) with the rebels. American journalist, William L. Shirer, was embedded with the German army when it rolled into France in 1940. It means nothing really. The important thing is where the report is coming from, the newly renamed "Martyrs Square".

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

She is an Al Jazeera reporter, embedded

Well shes an Qatar based repoter born and rasied in Qatar and Al Jazeera is Qatar mouthpiece.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

OK.

Gaddafi has said that he will not leave Libya and that he will die a martyr. His choices appear to be, stay and die, allow himself to be taken by NATO or flight to Venezuela or to a friendly country in Africa.

If he has a military resurgence, I will be very surprised.
edit on 22-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So, how many allies does Iran have now?

The CIA is known for posting snipers on buildings targeting anyone and everyone. They(I'm assuming it was them) pulled this in Venezuela and the media reported it as Chavez supporters killing anti-Chavez protesters. People from both sides died, mostly from head shots, and they used video footage of Chavez supporters firing at snipers to make it look as though they were shooting the protestors.

I'm pretty sure that's how things got rolling, but it includes multiple countries in the area. Remember the Pakistani base that got attacked? They were described as highly trained forces. What kind of insurgents are able to escape from a base while being pursued by the military? Assad had reported that there were gangs of insurgents firing on civilians and military in his cities as well as Qaddafi.

In regards to the Al Qaeda, the US government used the Al Qaeda during the Bosnian war. Many Al Qaeda operators had passports for both Bosnia and their home country, including Osama Bin Laden. I wish I had some links, but these are just things I recall from the usual ATS reading.

Just some food for thought.
edit on 22-8-2011 by dadank because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dadank

In regards to the Al Qaeda, the US government used the Al Qaeda during the Bosnian war. Many Al Qaeda operators had passports for both Bosnia and their home country, including Osama Bin Laden. I wish I had some links, but these are just things I recall from the usual ATS reading.

Thats right and the bosnian people to thought they to they would have jobs and freedom, but in reailty Bosnia now has the biggest Unemployment rate in all of europe, around

Unemployment rate: 43.1% (2010 est.) 44.2% (2009 est.) note: official rate

After the war bill clintion favorite alija izetbegovic said he and with other Islamic would bring jobs back but he lied people live alot worse then they did with yugoslavia.

Libya will be just like Bosnia, did you know that Bin laden was given a free passport of Bosnia when he visited bosnia in the early 90s?

How soon does the world seem to forget that eh?

And also it seems the rebels support the Bosnian radicals.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A rebel fighter is saying that the forces loyal to Gaddafi appear to be mercenaries from Chad and other countries in Africa. He says the Gaddafi supporters in Tripoli, who were manning checkpoints ran when they saw the rebels coming.

He believes that Gaddafi is still somewhere in Tripoli.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dadank

If it were Al-Qaeda in Bosnia, then how come i don't see any suicide bombing, IEDs, and the hiding behind civilians? Mujeheddin was actually not welcomed by most (Bosniaks, Croats, and Serbs). They had ideological conflicts with the Bosniaks, mainly because the Mujeheddin wanted a very radical and wanted an Islamic Republic. While the Bosniaks were more moderate, and wanted a secular democratic republic, they disagree with them. But the Bosnian Army recruited anyone even from any country because they could Since the end of the war, the Mujaheddin have been hiding so they don't get deported.

I usually had a lot of talk with the Bosniaks who lived during the war and fought with them who came from the middle east, even said they don't like them because they wanted an Islamic state but recruited them because they were the only help. That is until NATO intervened.

Even the Serb media portrayed the Bosniaks as a radical Islamic fundamental which is shockly over-exaggerated and not accurate. Maybe the Bosnia war would not happen had if Serbs bothered to vote against the referendum (You need 66% in favour for the referendum to be approved) instead of talking like civilized people and attack Bosnian Croast and Bosniaks for no reason.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
According to Fox News and Geraldo Rivera, it's all over but the (continued) shoutin'!!!

www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Tom,an MI6 officer had been working as an administrator in the Al khadra farm company about 18 miles south west of Benghazi.He had been working in that role for the past 5 MONTHS before he was captured by rebels with an SAS protection squad shortly after the uprising began with a signed letter from UK PM Cameron offering the rebels backing

Soon as I hear one of our spooks was caught in that country and had been there for so long and so close to the opening flash point I connected the dots and saw that our goverment had a hand to play in this event from before it even started to spiral out into the protests and armed conflict from both parties

www.guardian.co.uk...

The NATO no fly zone has frankly been to aid the rebels in a civil war,and i'm amazed that it was allowed to go on for so long when the rebels started marching towards the capital city Tripoli

So called Pan Am bomber Megrahi is still alive and living in Tripoli,and it wouldnt surprise me if one of the goals of this uprising and power change in libya was the arrest or death of this man

www.telegraph.co.uk... -deaths-door.html

The rebels have made quick ground over the last couple of weeks to get to Tripoli,and like others here im startled at how quickly they entered the city and the green square.Its almost like a mirror image of Bagdad when the worlds press showed Saddams statue being pulled over by (cough) locals and the war was declared won

Looks like it is the last days for Gaddafi,but I can guess that the next boss will be as brutal as the last boss but wont use oil revinue for his water project,pay fully for student fees over seas and stop other state handouts

I think the tribes will be fighting each other for a long time,but media interest will diminish and it will be brushed under the carpet as our good guys run the show now!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Maybe the Bosnia war would not happen had if Serbs bothered to vote against the referendum (You need 66% in favour for the referendum to be approved) instead of talking like civilized people and attack Bosnian Croast and Bosniaks for no reason.

The serbs wanted a referendum but the Bosniaks didnt want them, in fact the Bosniaks supported the Mujeheddin you have no idea what went on in Bosina.

As for the Al-Qaeda the Al-Qaeda are in Bosina still as of today in the mountain hiding, people who live near them, reported gun fires as for in the past just look for the videos about the Mujeheddin on youtube , its pretty sickening.

Oh and there videos of UN Apcs brining in Mujeheddin fighters.

The Bosniaks and americas backed Mujeheddin cut serbian heads off and played them like a soccer ball

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join