It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
who said something about hundreds of black painted trucks with green marks leaving tripoli from the east?

look how big tripoli is compared to other libyan cities, either qaddafi and his men know something and they are moving underground or this will be the biggest encirclement in the libyan civil war. rebels will be ambushed and annihilated on the gates of tripoli, you havent won until you've won!

rebels are already celebrating and shooting their guns in the air...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

ah yes the very interesting tactic false victory, using there own tactics agaisnt them.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Good for the rebels. The dictator should be sent to the gallows if you ask me...

Its just a shame we, the US, felt the need to drop bombs and now have the "We did it" attitude. The Rebels are taking their country from a madman who doesn't deserve to be in power, we didn't do a damn thing but make some fire and destroy human life.
edit on 21-8-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by 412304

Oh, as for your claims I posted no evidence, I do. In that very thread you linked, you can see I have posted evidence, as requested and even gave you a choice of a variety of different sources.

But you guys simply ignore it, demand more, ignore that, then fall back to the tired old "it's propoganda" line when you have no other choice but to address it.

Ok Stumason.. we should start fresh and see if we can be civil eh? I have gone through the thread i linked and the only thing that you have is the incident at Abu Salim... But can you be real with me... are you going to base your backing of NATO and the rebels destruction of Libya over something as controversial as Abu Salim???
If your honest with yourself you cant even say thatwas linked to Ghaddafi himself. There are different reports about what happened. Some say the prisoners started trying to kill the gaurds and escape. but the only witness was one of the prisoners.

I dont see how you can back what NATO and the Rebels are doing over that 1 thing?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by tommyjo

sorru but thats not proof just like how the troops got in iraq found nothing.

Read the following report. Libya admitted that it still retained Mustard Gas munitions. Under its international obligation those remaining chemical munitions were to be destroyed this year under international supervision. The current conflict disrupted that supervised destruction. That is why the OPCW council issued the statement regarding the remaining stockpile.

english.aljazeera.net...

"Currently, 55 percent of Libyan stocks of mustard gas have been destroyed under the control of OPCW and 11.25 tonnes are still in stock, Michael Luhan, spokesman of the organization told AFP.Destruction of stocks began in 2010 as stipulated by the convention, and, according to Luhan, took place without problems until February 2011, when rebel forces tried to remove Gaddafi from power."

From

www.dotspress.com...

The current conflict disrupted the destruction of the mustard gas stocks and therefore the Libyan regime still possessed 11.25 tonnes of the stockpile that they themselves declared to the international community under treaty.

TJ

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

Ever heard the term "closing the door after the horse has bolted"? I don't believe for a moment that all of a sudden we're now going to enter a phase of civil discourse, especially considering the ongoing character assasination attempts against anyone who thinks Gaddafi is an arse, which he is. A total arse.

Anyway, that specific thread you linked I was citing one example of the many Human rights abuses and, when you asked for it, I gave you not one but several links to the story.

On top of that I also linked to the HRW website listing the systemic Human Right's abuses that the Gaddafi regime has been involved in, not just Abu Salim..

Glossed over that one, didn't you?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Actually, if the rebels have Gaddafi's sons then its a pretty good bet the Regime has fallen.

As I'm sure Gaddafi's sons would be in a place just as secure as Gaddafi.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted, I've not yet read through the entire thread:

Claims of civilians being massacred, and I've seen other (unsourced) reports of over 1,300 dead, 5000 injured:

This report comes directly from sources within Libya this morning: Today 1300 innocent unarmed civilians were killed and 5000 wounded in Tripoli alone in the last 11 hours. Constant bombings and 3 Apache Gunships nonstop firing of their mini-cannons. All this very close to us. NATO has openly stated that it will kill everyone in its way to conquer Tripoli….so their full attack is in effect . Blood is literally running in the streets ALL AT THE HANDS OF NATO AND AL QAIDA. Poor internet so short message.

theintelhub.com...

Reporting appears spotty, so hard to know for sure what to believe, but seems to be a horrible situation over there.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Curious about this remark:

NATO has openly stated that it will kill everyone in its way to conquer Tripoli

Have they? Have they really? Would like to see a cited source for this claim.

As for the claims of dead and wounded, first, they are unverified and secondly, there doesn't seem to be a breakdown of combatant and non-combatant casualties. It's a bit early to be making claims of massacres and the like...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

NATO states to kill everyone? Really? Your source is trolling.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

He is right and you two are just NATO Fanboys if you are why dont you go join NATO then?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

And you never provide any evidence to anything, just statments that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Back it up Agent...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Curious about this remark:

NATO has openly stated that it will kill everyone in its way to conquer Tripoli

Have they? Have they really? Would like to see a cited source for this claim.

As for the claims of dead and wounded, first, they are unverified and secondly, there doesn't seem to be a breakdown of combatant and non-combatant casualties. It's a bit early to be making claims of massacres and the like...

As I indicated, these are not my claims, just putting the information out there. I linked the sources.

I too would like to see verification before believing any of these claims, but have not yet been able to find any.

Like I said, hard to know what to believe, just stating that the claims are being made.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

since aljazeera is part of the Qatar Goverment mouthpiece i wouldnt use them as a source, sorry oh and same goes for www.dotspress.com..

They are all part in the western mainstream lying team just as they were with iraq.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Since you were already beaten in a thread i already you told before i have posrted threads with sources on my threads, so please enough ok?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm not a big fan of NATO and i wish the US gets out of it too. But if NATO policies was to kill everyone, the 2011 Libyan civil war would have been over a long time ago. Heck if it was, NATO could carpet-bombed Libya completely instead of reducing civilian casualties. You're a moron. Hey since you're so fond with Gaddafi why don't you join and the others who are living in exile. Gaddafi days are over. Period. I also think that if the Serbs crimes are justified in Bosnian war.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Only Russia Today is worthy as a source, isn't it Agent?

They don't have an obvious axe to grind, an agenda to follow and are not beholden to Russian State interests at all...............

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by stumason

Since you were already beaten in a thread i already you told before i have posrted threads with sources on my threads, so please enough ok?

What thread would that be? I notice that in my retort to the other guy who claimed to have "beaten" me, where I linked two threads where you have gone suspiciously silent, still have yet to receive a reply from you....

You have never "beaten" me, I just refuse to waste my time with you as you offer nothing of substance and claim everyopne is an IMF/NATO disinfo agent (ironically while trotting out endless Russia Today links)

It's been over 24hrs now and you still cannot explain the massive logical fallacy in your reasoning...

I suppose I can now claim to have "beaten" you (twice in the past 24 hours)?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Only Russia Today is worthy as a source, isn't it Agent?

They don't have an obvious axe to grind, an agenda to follow and are not beholden to Russian State interests at all...............

Only aljazeera and western news networks are worthy as a source, isn't it stumason?

since aljazeera is part of the Qatar Goverment mouthpiece i wouldnt use them as a source

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

since aljazeera is part of the Qatar Goverment mouthpiece i wouldnt use them as a source, sorry oh and same goes for www.dotspress.com..

They are all part in the western mainstream lying team just as they were with iraq.

Well as with all sources you need to check where they get their $$$ from and judge them based on history and other sources. To that end there are a lot of widely respected sources for a lot of affairs. Al Jazeera is quite reliable on most matters non-Qatari based, just as CNN is on matters non-Ted Turner based.

Western-wise I would never trust Fox News given their long history of lying, conservative bias, and distortion of facts as well as their strings being pulled by hacking scandal mob boss Rupert Murdoch.

However, even the evil Fox News has a lot of credibility compared to many sources I seen strewn about by people here. Russia Today (RT) is one source that should just be banned. They are a proven propaganda mouthpiece of the Kremlin that is state-run and state-financed and which was designed to support a Moscow-centric viewpoint to Western audiences. But so many like them due to their frequent and conspiratorial attacks against the West and Israel. People tend to like things that support their biases.

With even far less credibility than RT is Libya's state TV (Arab Jamahiriya) which is so ridiculously biased and fanatical that it should not even be mentioned in the same breath as news.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join