It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitol Cop Assaults Videographer During Lemonade Stand Protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
During the protest against the wave of lemonade stand shutdowns by officials one officer apparently cannot control her temper. She not once but twice assaults a guy videotaping the protest. Now she must be really proud to have her face on the tubes. She'll probably end up getting a paid vaction for this thought. I'd like her try that without a badge, gun and her fellow officers behind her. Speaking of which they are supposed to enforce the law yet none try to stop her or arrest her for this assault. Nice blue line.

The female cop, who is unidentified at this time, assaulted the videographer at 1:26 and 3:13 in the video, coming close at 1:56.

Copblock.org has a preview up of tomorrow's featured video, where she is identified as Sgt. Kathleen Bignotti
www.youtube.com...

Source: PINAC

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They are here to "Serve and Protect".

Serve and protect whom? Hmmmm....that one is up for debate.

Lemonade stands? Shoot, every summer I ran one on the street boulevard when I was a kid. Even then it was more having to do with doing something "fun" on a hot summer day then making money. (C'mon, how wealthy is a seven year old going to get at 5 cents a cup?)

Now shut up and turn on the TV. That's an order damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hmmmm. she pivots the camera down with her hand and shows no sign of "assault" or "temper" as you put it...

I think the drama queens are the people making the video a complete and utter embarrassment to watch.

No wonder the worlds opinions of Americans are what they are today.

edit on 21/8/11 by EnigmaAgent because: More text

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Fyi, the moment she puts her hands on the camera it's assault. Feel free to be embarrassed by all means. You deserve it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Seriously??? Temper?? Just another attempt at a cop bashing thread if you ask me. As stated by another poster, these people are an embarrassment to the American people. No one wants to follow rules anymore. That is the main problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

FYI, it is not assault when an officer of the law is attempting to contain a situation before it gets out of control. It is assault when it is one citizen doing it to another. By your logic, the cop committed assault when handcuffing the women. The law is in place for a reason...get over it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Can you show me the law for that? If not shut up.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yeah, but we are talking about a lemonade stand here. One of the most innocent acts a person can commit, or so I thought.

Man, how I'd love to see a Norman Rockwell painting of a lemonade stand proprietor being handcuffed. Seems a bit whacked, but that gives you an idea of where some of us think the whole situation is totally absurd.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

if i was to touch a copper i would be arrested for assault but they can do what they want to me when ever they want i get it. as for containing the situation what situation they where selling lemonade peacefully not once did i see any type of aggression and yes the cops can touch you to hand cuff you if you have commited a crime but what crime had the camera man commited can you please tel me

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yeah, this is all great, until some wackos set up an unlicensed lemonade stand, and poisons people intentionally.

Because they can, and are free to do it.

Then everyone will be screaming... Where was the law? ... How come they had no licence, or permits? why didn't anyone do anything?

Because we all know, that in this free country no one would ever intentionally harm other people... All that stuff about people putting harmful things in Halloween candy and apples is made up stuff to scare you.

We need no laws in America, no enforcers, total complete freedom to do anything, anywhere always!

YEAH!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I agree with you. I was just disputing the OP indicating that the female officer was assaulting the cameraman. On one hand, it is an innocent lemonade stand but on the other, these people had a purpose in mind and it wasn't selling lemonade. They set up shop on the grounds on the capitol with the intent of disruption. They did not cease when the male officer asked politely and basically ignored him. They brought the arrest on themselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BinaryG

She didn't touch him, she touched the camera.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

Yeah, but we are talking about a lemonade stand here. One of the most innocent acts a person can commit, or so I thought.

Man, how I'd love to see a Norman Rockwell painting of a lemonade stand proprietor being handcuffed. Seems a bit whacked, but that gives you an idea of where some of us think the whole situation is totally absurd.

What they are selling is doesn't matter. You have to have a permit to sell there. No matter how much people hate it they were in the wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Yeah, this is all great, until some wackos set up an unlicensed lemonade stand, and poisons people intentionally.

Then everyone will be screaming... Where was the law? ... How come they had no licence, or permits? why didn't anyone do anything?

Because we all know, that in this free country no one would ever intentionally harm other people... All that stuff about people putting harmful things in Halloween candy and apples is made up stuff to scare you.

We need no laws in America, no enforcers, total complete freedom to do anything, anywhere always!

YEAH!

WIN post. haha.

Also to ad: Assault? Please. When you are assaulted, it is your person that is assaulted. Not your possessions.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

First off, I will not shut up. Secondly, How about dialing it down a few notches? You are posting on a sight known for debating all sides of an issue. Lighten up a bit??
Lastly, it is illegal to film or photograph on government property. The cop was within her rights under the law. And, IMO should be commended for remaining cool throughout the entire event.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Your point is bit moot. She assaults a cameraman. Not a person she is arresting for selling lemonade. Whatever crime there may have been in progress the camerman has every right to film it in public.

[edit to add]
And this bit is complete hogwash:

Lastly, it is illegal to film or photograph on government property.

edit on 21/8/2011 by PsykoOps because: add

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

That is where you are wrong. It is private property. The cameraman does not have the right to film there.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

YEAH!

just because you have a permit does not mean you wont poison them it just mean you paid for the privilege to do so.

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by BinaryG

She didn't touch him, she touched the camera.

so by that logic i can stand next to the police and start touching there cuffs and gun and nothing will happen. the camera is their personal property and by pushing the camera made him/her move In law, assault is a crime causing a victim to fear violence. know what some police are they might of feared violence for cops who arrest people for such insane crimes.

edit on 21-8-2011 by BinaryG because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Your location says Finland, I do not know the laws of that country but I do know the laws of my country. It is illegal here. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

And, IMO should be commended for remaining cool throughout the entire event.

really ??
upon arrival, she immediately raises her voice, points her finger and assaults a non-participant (camera man)
and you find this behavior exemplary and commendable ??? wow

top topics

<<   2 >>

join