It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American congressman: Israeli more important than Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
From the "Did he actually say that" department...

Hoyer, the second-highest ranked Democrat in the House of Representatives, is leading a delegation of 26 US Democratic congressmen on a tour of Israel and the Palestinian Authority sponsored by the American Israel Education Foundation, a charitable organization affiliated with the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

Hoyer said he wanted to “make it clear” that the financial challenges confronting the US will not “have any adverse effect on America’s determination to meet its promise to Israel in the form of aid for its qualitative [military] superiority, or for its economic security.”

Hoyer said he did not believe America’s financial challenges would have “any adverse effect on the economic relationship, or assistance, that we give to Israel.”

Hoyer said this assessment was bipartisan, and that a similar message will be brought to Israel next week when House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (RVirginia) will head up two Republican delegations, numbering 55 congressmen, to the country.

American congressman: US economic woes won’t affect Israel

With all the major issues effecting us nowadays we now have a bipartisan attitude in Congress that Israel's needs supersede our own. And they are not even trying to be coy and hide it or whisper it behind closed doors. They are coming right out and stating plainly that a foreign country takes priority over our own country's interests and needs.

So both our Republican and Democratic leaders, who cannot seem to agree on anything, can darn sure agree on this issue?

As an example of how messed up this is I ask you, what kind of parent would concern themselves with a neighbor's children when your own family is in dire straits?

Madness!
edit on 21-8-2011 by Hessling because: ETA

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Maybe it's because the Jews run America? I'm all for supporting Israel, but I'm sorry, we need to focus on ourselves first and stop being the world police.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

nothing new, mix religion + politics=insanity.

dogma and doctrine= a dead brain.

the US does Israel no favor in never questioning any of their actions.

in the end we both loose.

as your comparison of a parent, when a child is suported no matter what, it can bring disaster to both.

but american politics is void of wisdom nowdays, so we rush to disaster.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've always firmly believed the reason for this is because 76% of the US claims to be Christian and these people believe in the end times predictions and will protect Israel at any cost.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineIntervention
Maybe it's because the Jews run America? I'm all for supporting Israel, but I'm sorry, we need to focus on ourselves first and stop being the world police.

Your antisemitic! You just don't wana give american taxpayer money to Israel because you hate the jewish people blah blah blah blah.

Face it, we'll always be Israel's bitch, they have it too figured out.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

I have no problems with the Jews. It's true that they run America though. That's a big reason of why we are and always will be Israel's bitch.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by EmVeeFF

I have no problems with the Jews. It's true that they run America though. That's a big reason of why we are and always will be Israel's bitch.

Obviously. It's just that 9 times outa ten these threads end in a "you're antisemitic" flame fest.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
when you're 14 trillion in the hole, what difference does 3 billion here and there make.

you got to love that attitude. make sure israel's economic situation is great, ours, who cares.

who is this yo yo and why isn't this yo yo representing israeli's in the knesset because he obviously doen't give a sh-t about americans and has absolutely no concept of the word priority.

make sure this guys term in congress is his last one and hopefully he'll go back to the stupidity that is his life.
edit on 21-8-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gerald cole
I've always firmly believed the reason for this is because 76% of the US claims to be Christian and these people believe in the end times predictions and will protect Israel at any cost.

and we are well on our way to make it a self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There was a time when Israel needed help, in its very young, formative years. Now, to continue the child metaphor, its a spoiled little brat who treats its neighbors like crap and expects us to rush in whenever anyone says something negative about it. The Jewish people have had a rough history, but unfortunately, if you don't agree with them they can scream " antisemitism" at you, and paint you as a bigot. There is a time and place for everything, and perhaps its getting close to time to cut them from our skirt hems and let them fend for themselves. If they want to bully their neighbors then perhaps getting their collective noses bloodied by a swift smack will teach them the one lesson they clearly have forgotten- humility.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
These people should be viewed as anti-American and immediately thrown out of office. How dare they place israel before America. There is no good reason for America to be sending them aid in the first place.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Your antisemitic! You just don't wana give american taxpayer money to Israel because you hate the jewish people blah blah blah blah.

Face it, we'll always be Israel's bitch, they have it too figured out.

Palestinians are also semitic. Semitic does not mean Jewish or Israeli. Consequently, the Jews who hate Palestinians are also anti-semitic. Don't be fooled by mob mentality. Learn the language and the meanings of terms.

We assist Israel with money for their defense, which also comes back to buying American weaponry. Essentially, we give them a credit card to buy our products. It's the equivalent of an EBT card for welfare. No one mentions the balance of trade deficit with Israel. The issue at hand is maintaining a balance of power in the Middle East to avoid a war between the three major religions over a small piece of land. The price we pay, essentially blackmail, is necessary to avoid the loss of American lives. We do the same sort of financial involvement in about 200 locations throughout the World to create World Peace.

Would you rather spend bullion, or bullets and American lives?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So,
I ask again, as I have on many threads I have posted to, and been ignored.

How many of you who are complaining about this, and those who know what this really means for America are Still Paying Taxes?

I quit paying long ago when i realized America was Sold Out,, and not just to Israel.

The Government Will be coming for me soon,, as they are going to take by force what is MINE,, and say it is theirs because I refuse to Pay Tax to a System where ,,, First I have NO VOICE. Second, is Corrupt and destroying America instead of Building Up America.

So, again I ask,,, How many of you will be there to Stop My Own Countrymen from destroying my Life?

thought so,,,,

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
sure are alot of nazis on this site.

face it

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

lol what is this?? He wags his finger saying the guy is anti semitic, then in the next breath
makes exactly the same point as him, and gets 4 stars haha... unbelievable

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

face it

Maybe you didn't get the memo. The Zionist are the Nazi's of this century.

face it

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, I have problems with the jewish communities, they are a canker on every society penetrated by them. I have seen it myself. I am seeing it every day. Give me a break. Two-faced, sneaky thieves. They looove being victimised, whenever it suits them. And then, they are destroying everything that doesn't work in their favour. Nasty people. I live in London, I work for a property manager. Do not even start dreaming of thinking of prooving me wrong. If I shall be banned from ATS for this, I do not give a damn. I know I am right. Ugh...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is bloody treason

Any politico that receives AIPAC dollars should arrested. I'm sick of this garbage

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

face it

Do us all a favour and get informed, mate....blimey lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join