It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Bright Morning Star", What is That?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Jesus was speaking of your human side and your spirit side. Not your guardian angel. They are two seperate entities. When you are on earth, you are split down the middle as you were orginally one.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You speak as though you have spoken with your guide.

Wouldn't be much guiding if there were zero interaction.

Jesus was speaking of your human side and your spirit side. Not your guardian angel. They are two seperate entities. When you are on earth, you are split down the middle as you were orginally one.

Is split down the middle something that needs fixing, or is that OK?
Guardian angel is some one else?

HEB 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

When I am speaking of your guide they are the same as your guardian. Everyone is split down the middle, you are brought together as one when you return home, well that is if your human side is saved. If you can have conversation with your guide, then this will all be confirmed to you.

In that verse, he is talking about the witnesses in the unseen. The ones who watch and our rooting for us. Above feels special sorrow for the lost ones. When you return home, all of above gathers for a celebration.
edit on 23-8-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit,
it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the
body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this
great wealth has made its home in this poverty."
- - Gospel of Thomas

Is Jesus talking straight here, or is this sarcasm? My home is Earth. I am home.

edit on 23-8-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by jhill76

29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit,
it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the
body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this
great wealth has made its home in this poverty."
- - Gospel of Thomas

Is Jesus talking straight here, or is this sarcasm?

Very straight here sir. It is very rare for the human side to pull the spirit out of darkness. It is an almost impossible feat. Your spirit will drive you to do good. But, if your spirit is dark, your human side will be dark. For your human side to pull your spirit out of darkness, its a great wonder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

JN 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

Jesus gave us the bread and the cup, his body and the new covenant. As often as we eat bread and drink the cup we show his death until he comes. His body is with us in the bread we share, and the spirit too. Therefore it is still day, and he is the light of the world.

108) Jesus said, "He who will drink from my mouth will become
like Me. I myself shall become he, and the things that are hidden
will become revealed to him."
- - Gospel of Thomas

Shouldn't this be true for very many people? I think this is what this thread was meant to be about.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Yes very true. This is for the human side. Jesus died so that man can return home. We all have three parts to us. The human side, our spirit, and the holy spirit. (well if you are saved). We become as one with Jesus when our nature becomes like his when he was in the physical.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76
We become one with Jesus when we eat him.

7) Jesus said, "Blessed is the lion which becomes man when
consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes,
and the lion becomes man."
- - Gospel of Thomas

Jesus was not joking when he said, "This is my body, broken for you, do this in remembrance of me."

For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. John 6:55

We are not left as orphans on this earth. As long as his spirit and body are here, we also are home with the Lord. I suppose when he goes away, we may also. I don't know anything about that though. I know there are verses that mention goings away and such, but I don't know where to or what that would mean. The ignorance doesn't particularly bother me though.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

You consume his body by becomimg what he was when in the physical, his nature. It takes a while to fully digest him aka changing into him over time. It's all a process. When he leaves, we will all be raptured by then. Hell will literally be on earth then. This will happen in the middle of tribulation.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

When he leaves, we will all be raptured by then. Hell will literally be on earth then.

The Christians teach that Jesus took it all back; his life, his spirit, and his body. Then he abandoned this earth already by taking his body, spirit, and life to some other place, to sit on a throne, as emperor of the world.

Then Christians are separated from Jesus. Where there was one, there are now two. One on Earth and one somewhere else.

11) Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above
it will pass away. The dead are not alive, and the living will
not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it
what is alive. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you
do? On the day when you were one you became two. But when you
become two, what will you do?"

- - Gospel of Thomas

Then to follow the Christian Jesus is to abandon the world to become hell as the Christian Jesus did?

You can become the Jesus who left body, life and spirit in the world, to be shared, as the light of the world. Or be like the abandoner (most likely invented ) and seek "spiritual" growth for your own sake with abandonment in mind.

Are those two masters? Can both be served?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Dear Jm & PT
Found a thread that no one is replying too.
Someone claims to know where the ark is and a ton of evidence.
You two may wanna check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOTZA LUV

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Jesus is the Bright Morning Star.
That means he has gone away to be immortalized among the stars, as befitting a man of his greatness.
So he is gone and we can't hang out with him and lie in his bosom and look fondly up at his face and feel his arms around us, holding us.
Can we deal with that?
Or can we deal with the idea that he has gone back to his Father to a place where we can not follow?
edit on 11-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think it's the star of enlightenment, and Jupiter the king of the planets. Buddha is also purported to have noticed the morning star at the time of his enlightenment.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
And so I think it represents as the "throne" of enlightenment, a point of projection from the Absolute, arisen again in eternity, and is therefore not the least bit inaccessible, but instead is an invitation, to follow Jesus into God-realization; to join him in a participatory eschatology, and inso doing bear witness to the second coming of the Lord, not as a personage, but as an evolutionary process come to fruition, that Christ may serve as the keystone in the royal archway, across which humanity, in taking our place, however crippled, at his table - may now walk (or, as needed, stumble) into everlasting life and freedom, able at last to find NEW pasture, while remaining free to freely come and go.

He never left us orphaned!

Behold, we are the adopted sons of the King of the Universe!

edit on 11-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It would then come to represent the final epiphany of the revelation of John, which may then be viewed in its entirety, as an esoteric (kabbalistic) and archetypal representation of the transformation (alchemical Great Work) of the human soul, at last breaking free of the cacoon of an age or a world passing away at the dawn of a new age, when God once again makes his home with his people. That time is now. The morning star can be seen as the new day dawns. I can see it.

If we do not follow him now, since it's now or never, we'll resign ourselves to being left among the dead to bury their dead.

But whoever among us persevere through these times and learns to follow in the path of love, are certain to receive a great reward.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

He never left us orphaned!
That is something to think about.
Who, exactly is the "He"? If you are talking about a parent, then that would be the Father, who is not going away or leaving.
Who is Jesus, is he our father? No, and I think he made a point of it to say only God should be considered as the Father.
Jesus left to return to where he came from so as to send another. According to the trinitarian view that would be the third person of the Godhead, the Paraclete, one definition being a comforter, including giving encouragement.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

If we do not follow him now, since it's now or never,
Our lives are only so long to start with so, now, to me, seems like something in our lifetime. We need to do something while we are here to do something. If we continually procrastinate, we will find ourselves at the end of our lives having not done what we should have.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

"He" being the same spirit of truth and life who indwelt Jesus, the same person, now processed for our enjoyment as spiritual food, this is the grace and marvel of the Triune Godhead.

And in "leaving", a place was prepared for us all the along, like a heavenly tent, under who's apex we still live and can take shelter.

A participatory eschatology, means that we are already included in this process of evolutionary growth, of death and resurrection.

His return is among those who receive him, yes as the comforter of encouragement and information and intelligence.

"He who receives me receives the one who sent me."
"As the father has sent me, even so send I you."

Therefore, "let all who are thirsty come and freely drink of the water of life!"

It is the Roman Church that wishes to PREVENT the return of the Lord among his people. They call what I am speaking of "imammentizing the Eschaton" a great "heresy" according to Church decree. In other words, do not DARE to declare, as Jesus did, the coming of the kingdom of heaven, lest everyone fall victim to a "moral reletavism".

But it's the Spirit, not the church, who is to be guiding the Human Being in the ways of the will of God. This was the whole point of "the Jesus project" as an arrow of Civilized Progress on the path of progress towards perfection.

So we're not only not orphaned, and made adopted sons of the King, we are also made into the stones of the City of God coming from above like a Bride in preparation for the Bridegroom. We're being plugged into service, to now pave the way for that very return, which will not come by expectation, from any one particular direction, or in the form of any one personage, and thus we are talking about a whole new way of being capable of redeeming mankind, and through him, the creation. ie: a new heaven and a new earth.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

They call what I am speaking of "imammentizing the Eschaton" a great "heresy" according to Church decree. In other words, do not DARE to declare, as Jesus did, the coming of the kingdom of heaven, lest everyone fall victim to a "moral reletavism".
I'm pretty sure that John the Baptist preaching repentance marked the existence of the Kingdom.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The work the work, yes the work, what do we do?

I think it's easy, like coming into an embarrassment of riches we did nothing for, our "work" is to believe and receive, eat, drink, and grow in and celebrate the life and light of Christ and help build up the body of all true believers through mutual encouragement.

Everything else will take care of itself by inspiration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join