It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is Taking Over ATS, is there anything the mods can do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I am 100% sure I saw a Ron Paul ad yesterday. Something about his birthday and a "moneybomb".

Yup, they were there. They were also removed for solicitation.

Obama had ads here in 2008, so ATS does have a track record.

Yes we do. A damn good one imo.

As to RP, I'm sick of hearing about him but this is a user generated site. If that's what the membership wants to discuss, within the T&C, that's what's going to be discussed. Don't like it? Do what I do. Ignore those topics.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

If you’re thinking “oh no not another Ron Paul thread” read on, I am fed up of them too and I am calling on the moderators of ATS to do something, anything about this. .

I am left to assume that someone either at ATS or some deep, underground base, has taken control of your mouse and is forcing you to read those Ron Paul threads. Aside from that, there's no reason why they would be a problem. You don't click on them, they don't open and your eyes are not cast upon the text therein.

Personally, I don't care either way. I think all politicians are crooks. In fact, I didn't have to click this thread, either. I just thought I'd drop in and say hello.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Opinion noted. However, I could say the same thing about a half dozen topics that I dislike. Why should you get special treatment or bully the staff into accommodating your wishes on this trivial issue?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Is that hand picked yes man puppet Rick Perry behind this?

~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How long you been around here? I recall the months, no years, of threads on Palin. It's what the people get energized about at any given time. You don't have to open a Ron Paul thread, but you knew that, right? So why this thread? You just added to the Ron Paul threads, so you just became part of the problem you are complaining about. You could have just sent a message to the Mods without this thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Is there anything we can do?

Make him president

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Sorry OP. That freedom of speech thing can sure be a pain in the butt sometimes.
If anyone other than RP is elected you might not have to worry about it anymore.

Enjoy posting whatever's on your mind for as long as you can though.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

That response was nothing short of priceless. As long as he approves of my response to you of course.

~SheopleNation
edit on 21-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Can't be too harsh on OP.

In the past the board has reacted to massive influxes of posts on particular topics and created new boards for them etc, and it can be a little annoying when a particular incident ends up taking up 30% of recent threads board. Especially since a lot of the discussion is American.

I'm not sure it's big enough to warrant any action though.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Carseller4
I am 100% sure I saw a Ron Paul ad yesterday. Something about his birthday and a "moneybomb".

Yup, they were there. They were also removed for solicitation.

Obama had ads here in 2008, so ATS does have a track record.

Yes we do. A damn good one imo.

As to RP, I'm sick of hearing about him but this is a user generated site. If that's what the membership wants to discuss, within the T&C, that's what's going to be discussed. Don't like it? Do what I do. Ignore those topics.

Removed for solicitation?!

I have never had a problem with any MOD but I have a very big problem with your statement. ATS supports ads as they bring revenue to the site. All ads are solicitation. If it is true in fact that you flagged those ads for that reason, you should remove ALL ads from the site. (and then watch as your site revenue flops)

Not too many weeks ago I saw Bachmann ads up for a few days straight. Other ads are always around. The solicitation thing is either 1. Not true or 2. A complete double standard and a failure in leadership.

To the OP (and the other people who write anti-Ron Paul threads) No one is forcing any of you to click on those threads. It's silly when people get so upset because people are interested in a topic and since RP is campaigning, winning polls all the time or generally making the news often, these threads will be frequent. They aren't likely to subside until November of 2012. (maybe longer) The MODs have given you advice how to solve your problem but a much easier way is just don't click on them.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ron Paul is taking over ATS?

Great News.

Next stop - the Whitehouse.!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

The thread author was not asking that RP threads be nuked, only that they be given their own forum. A good idea, actually.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Good job bringing this up OP, S&F!

I like Ron Paul as much as the next ATSer but, there really are too many threads about him all over the place.

Since ATS can't control what the members post around here (and nobody wants them to start), I think the best option would be for the mods to move every Ron Paul thread into the 2012 Elections forum.

That way, we can still discuss normal political madness subjects without having to block them from the recent posts page. Anyone who isn't from the US or is sick of the subject can block the election forum. Then they won't miss out on too much.

It makes more sense to move all the Paul threads there seeing as how he IS a presidential candidate and discussion about him really belongs there.

ATS recently added the new forum and it is underused IMO. I think any discussion of ANY presidential candidate should be moved into this forum to keep the other forums from getting cluttered up with political crap.

What's the point of having a 2012 Election forum if hardly anyone uses it?

MOVE ALL RON PAUL AND PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE DISCUSSIONS TO THE 2012 ELECTION FORUM WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by robyn

The thread author was not asking that RP threads be nuked, only that they be given their own forum. A good idea, actually.

As has been stated in other threads cmplaining about the same topic, all the candidates have their own forum called 2012 US Elections.
edit on 21-8-2011 by youdidntseeme because: link

reply to post by FortAnthem

Exactly, unless the subject content warrants it elsewhere.
edit on 21-8-2011 by youdidntseeme because: second reply

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

If only people would use it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
everyone has a right to support their candidate...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
All ads are solicitation.

You are correct. What we don't permit are the "free" ones. People paying for ads tend to get a bit nonplussed paying for something others get for free.

What we remove, and will continue to remove with all due purpose and haste, are the forum posts that contravene the Terms and Conditions. Specifically for this case-

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

20a) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or "stealth marketing" on these discussion boards without prior approval of TAN. If marketing activity for the promotion of any other commercial entity outside of these boards is discovered you agree that you are responsible for paying TAN $2.00 US for each "thread view" of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Membership for joining these discussion boards signifies your approval of these payment terms.

21b) Cooperation: You will, if asked by TAN, cease to Post any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by TAN, in its sole discretion.

22) Disclaimer: TAN does not and cannot review all of the content of every message Posted and does not accept responsibility for the contents of any messages. We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict Posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to Post messages that violate these Terms and Conditions of Membership, your account may be terminated, your ability to access to the Websites may be restricted or blocked, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behavior. Furthermore, TAN expressly reserves the rights under the law to take any other actions deemed necessary.

24) Right of Community Management. This is a privately owned discussion board community. TAN reserves the right to take action against any member, or member Posting, which is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, represents behavior contrary to community building, or in cases where the content is contrary to the core ideals of the Websites. This action may include removal of your Posting and/or complete banning of your username and IP address. TAN reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites. TAN reserves the right to establish limits on topics that may be discussed if, in their opinion, the discussion of those topics attract an audience that is counterproductive to maintaining the ideals set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

MOVE ALL RON PAUL AND PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE DISCUSSIONS TO THE 2012 ELECTION FORUM WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!

Good suggestion!

The forum icons should be changed too.

One place for the obsessed to gather and praise their new messiah.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Good suggestion!

The forum icons should be changed too.

One place for the obsessed to gather and praise their new messiah.

The 2012 election forum should be a pic of Ron Paul since he's the only candidate anyone around here wants to see in the White House anyway.

Then people might get the hint that his threads belong there.

edit on 8/21/11 by FortAnthem because: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cace2f40d6a8.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Well, that's funny !! I kinda have the same aversion for Shape Shifting Reptilians threads...hate them, resent them, drive me nuts...but some members like them...

My solution:

I avoid them ! Well...most of the time...

<< 1    3  4 >>

join